Gaming on Hamachi

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
Hi
I just want to play some games online......am on bsnl 256kbps plan is this suffice enought to game on hamachi networks..

i tried to find some servers on net to test the performance..but every network i tried replies "full"..so can anyone setup a server so that we can have a game on..

ray|raven

Think Zen.
By Hamachi u mean the software that allows u to create VPN's right?
I used to play AOE II- Conquerors with my frns and a 128kbps connxn was great , never had lag.

Regards,
ray

ray|raven

Think Zen.
AOE yea, but NFS needs more i guess,
Its a racing game after all and needs more info, unlike strategy games , i think.
WTH, why not try?

Regards,
ray

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
most wanted and cod 2

that adsl upload speed is only 64 kbps so i dont think it will do any good

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Best way is to , make the guy with the most bandwidth host the game and you join,
that way u need to send/recieve info from one source, unlike the host which communicates with many.

Regards,
ray

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
Best way is to , make the guy with the most bandwidth host the game and you join,
that way u need to send/recieve info from one source, unlike the host which communicates with many.

Regards,
ray

^^ thats vital info..thanks rayraven....

now i need to find the guy with the most bandwidth.:p

ray|raven

Think Zen.
You are on bsnl 256 plan arent you,that's got some pretty good upload speeds,
A frnd of mine with the same connxn used to host the game , when our other frnd who had a better connxn wasnt avaiable. :p

Regards,
ray

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
how??although its 256kbps the upload speed is paltry 64kbps..thats too low to host rite?

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
It doesn't really matter for unlimited connections as long as the speeds are above 256, any one can host but you do know that Hamachi is for pirated game sessions when you can't get them to work online. And please don't touch Hamachi if you got an original game, it will be disabled totally, how, I don't know, but I had my original UT2k4 wasted like thus.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
how??although its 256kbps the upload speed is paltry 64kbps..thats too low to host rite?

I dont know abt Bsnl connxns, I just know that my frnd used to host an AOE game on it and it went well,Perhaps AOE doesnt need more that 64.
And why is it like that, i mean only 64kbps upload?

Regards,
ray

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
Hamachi is for pirated game sessions

the reason for which i opted for :D

rayraven said:
I dont know abt Bsnl connxns, I just know that my frnd used to host an AOE game on it and it went well,Perhaps AOE doesnt need more that 64.
And why is it like that, i mean only 64kbps upload?

thats the fact adsl connections likely to have 1/4 of its rated speed for upload...

anyway..if anyone willing to join my network..
details here
network name: nfsnixx
password: 123

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
i think 64kbps is not enough for hosting a game.

We play(friends) ut2k4 in Singapore servers which are always empty,

Kniwor

Learner
I've played dota on Hamachi, for all I remember, myfriend who had 128kbps sify had lag in the game.

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
hey.....played nfs:mw for the first time against real human opponents..it was a great experience

we were 4 played sprint,circuit, drag....dont ask me how i finish the race..
i was able to finish fourth position atleast :D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@zyberboy
Hi, can we have a UT2k4 or 3 MP. I have 128Kbps unlimited with 128 uplink, and is able to play most games including UT2k4 nd Ut3demo online with it[but most servers sux...only liked few of them like vstreet etc].

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i've played a lot of CS n Colin Mc Rae (with s18000) over hamachi when i had a 256kbps MTNL connection. never had lag problems. CS gave high pings though when more than 4 players connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom