Gamig Rig suggestion 80k

bkgodara

Broken In
veryone. I am going to upgrade my crap dual core pc into a Top End Gaming rig. And I need expert's help. Here are the details:

1. What is the purpose of
the computer? What all
applications and games are
you going to run? (Stupid
answers like 'gaming' or
'office work' will not work.
Be exact. Which games?
Which applications? Avoid
the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mainly for High end gaming on full hd like BFBC2 Battlefield 3, witcher 2, Starcraft, Crysis, Dirt 3 and every new games of 2012 (if possible) and will use chess engines for ultra fast calculation

2. What is your overall
budget? If you can extend a
bit for a more balanced
configuration, then mention
this too.
Ans: 75-80k Can extend max to 85k but will try to fit in 80k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes CPU for chess and GPU if needed in games. I live in Rajasthan so its pretty hot here in summers btw.

4. Which Operating System
are you planning to use?
Ans: Win XP 7 64bit.

5. How much hard drive
space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a
monitor? If yes, please
mention which screen size
and resolution do you want.
If you already have a
monitor and want to reuse
it, again mention the size
and resolution of monitor
you have.
Ans: I need new 22-23" full hd.

7. Which components you
DON'T want to buy or which
components you already
have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Window, UPS

8. When are you planning to
buy the system?
Ans: In March (within this month)

9. Have you ever built a
desktop before or will this
be done by an assembler?
Ans: I never built before but now I have enough know how to build.

10. Where do you live? Are
you buying locally? Are you
open to buying stuff from
online shops if you don't get
locally?
Ans: I will buy from Jaipur if its cheap. Can buy online with cash on delivery available in jaipur.Like Flipkart, Letsbuy.com

11. Anything else which you
would like to say?
Ans: Suggest cheap nd good ssd if possible in budget. Also suggest gaming mouse, speakers , gamepad.

I know I will get some good advices from experts here without waiting much..

First I have decided a price limit og every part. You can change it if its necessary.
Cabinet: 5k
Mobo: 15k
CPU: 13K
RAM: 3K
HDD: 6K
DVD ROM: 1.5K
PSU: 6K
GPU: 15-22K
MONITOR: 7-10K
KeyB+Mouse: 2.5k
Gamepad: 1k
Speaker: 3k

These are the items I have decided with some comments:
Cpu: i5 2500k- 12k(I think its good enough for Calculation after oc)

MOBO: Asus Maximus Gene Z- 12.5k (Which is better Asus p8z68 V Pro or this one? VPro is 14.5k, I will do CPU nd GPU oc if needed)

Cabinet: Corsair 400R 5.4k vs CM 690II PLUS 5K (I am thinking of CM)

RAM: Gskill Ripsaw (I dont remember name but its available on flipkart for 1700 for 4gb, I am thinking to buy 8 GB of Ram for bettr calculations and faster loading times)

HDD: Plz suggest a good fast responsive HDD with fast read write speeds I dont want my expensive Pc lags or takes too long to copy something becuz of HDD. I can spend 5-7 k for 1 TB. Noise is not issue)

PSU: Corsair CMPSU 650 TX - 5300

Monitor: Benq 2220 vs Benq 2222 for 8k or Lg 2360 for 9.5k

Mouse: LOGITECH GS400 I really like it. For 1500. Coments on it? And any wireless keyb for 1-1.5k?

Gamepad: LIGITECH RUMBLE F310 1.2K or Thrush master firestorm 3 for .8k is ok for casual racing games.

GPU: I first decided to go for HD 6950 For 16k but now I decided I am not going to add another GPU in near future so 6950 wont give good playable frames on full hd. But I think GTX 570 can do it for most of the games. Specially in dirt 3 nd Starcraft which i m gonna play. It gives pretty more fps. So I think gtx 570 will give value for its 4k more bucks than 6950.
Flipkart has Galaxy nd Sparkle GTX 570 prices at19.5 nd 21 k. But they both are at 732 Mhz so is there much diff between 732 Mhz nd 820 Mhz stock speed gtx 570s? And I think I cant see more than 60fps on my monitor. So if a game gives minimum 50-60 fps nd another one gives 100-120 fps there is no diffeeence Right?
And also suggest a good retailer in jaipur or online store?
I wrote my problem and questions in detail so hoping all of u experts will give solution and knowledge..
Sorry for my bad English. I wrote everythinv on my S2 so I might mis spelled at some places. Waiting for replies....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Ok here goes your config:

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k |12500
CPU Cooler |CM Hyper 212 Evo|1900
Motherboard |Biostar TZ68K+|7400
RAM |G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL x 2|3050
Graphic Card | Asus HD 7950 DirectCU II Top GDDR5 3GB |29000
HDD |Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive|5352
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |SeaSonic SS-850AT|6300
Case |Corsair carbide 400R|4900
Monitor |Benq G2222HDL|7600
Keyboard/mouse |Microsoft Combo Wired Desktop 600 USB|750
Mouse Pad |Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha L - Speed/Control|900
Speakers |Edifier C2|3200
| Total |84002

I've tried to give you the best at your price. Sacrificed on the board a bit to give you a great gpu i.e 7950 since gaming is your main priority and not setting some overclocking records.

Still you can overclock well with the biostar board and that cpu cooler will serve you well at your place. The pricing of biostar z68 is from flipkart and is available readily.

I strongly suggest you to go for 7950 and the asus one i suggested is available with primeabgb. I've given the link. Its a beast and the asus direct cuII is one of the best non-reference designs. You can overclock it as well.

The psu is 850 watts and will give enough power when you'll overclock. Go for corsair 400R eyes closed.

Finally had to sacrifice in the keyboard/mouse combo as i thought the core system should be given more priority.

Tell us your thoughts mate.:)

dfcols71

In the zone
MOBO: Asus Maximus Gene Z- 12.5k (Which is better Asus p8z68 V Pro or this one? VPro is 14.5k, I will do CPU nd GPU oc if needed)
dont buy the first one some pin problems in new egg reviews go for asus vpro gen3 or gigabytez68ud4b3

where to get edifer e2 3200

Cilus

laborare est orare
Vicky's config is really good. Just change the Motherboard to Asus P8Z68-M PRO @ 10.6K.

harshatiyya

Broken In
for mouse.. buy a steelseries kinzu.. its around 1200rs. its good for basic gamers. for mousepad Razer Goliathus standard Fragged Control(623rs -- flipkart) btw viskybhat config is really good.

OP
B

bkgodara

Broken In
Ok here goes your config:

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k |12500
CPU Cooler |CM Hyper 212 Evo|1900
Motherboard |Biostar TZ68K+|7400
RAM |G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL x 2|3050
Graphic Card | Asus HD 7950 DirectCU II Top GDDR5 3GB |29000
HDD |Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive|5352
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |SeaSonic SS-850AT|6300
Case |Corsair carbide 400R|4900
Monitor |Benq G2222HDL|7600
Keyboard/mouse |Microsoft Combo Wired Desktop 600 USB|750
Mouse Pad |Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha L - Speed/Control|900
Speakers |Edifier C2|3200
| Total |84002

I've tried to give you the best at your price. Sacrificed on the board a bit to give you a great gpu i.e 7950 since gaming is your main priority and not setting some overclocking records.

Still you can overclock well with the biostar board and that cpu cooler will serve you well at your place. The pricing of biostar z68 is from flipkart and is available readily.

I strongly suggest you to go for 7950 and the asus one i suggested is available with primeabgb. I've given the link. Its a beast and the asus direct cuII is one of the best non-reference designs. You can overclock it as well.

The psu is 850 watts and will give enough power when you'll overclock. Go for corsair 400R eyes closed.

Finally had to sacrifice in the keyboard/mouse combo as i thought the core system should be given more priority.

Tell us your thoughts mate.:)

Thanx for info.. I have decided these parts to buy, plz comment:
i5 2500k
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1 TB
GSKILL RIPJAWS 8 GB
ASUS DVD ROM
HYPER 212 FAN
GS 400 MOUSE

I am thinking to buy these but from replies I got some other answers, Plz give strong reason to dont to buy these parts:
Asus maximus gene Z
LG E2360 MONITOR
CORSAIR TX 750 (85+ effeciency)
CM 690II ADV (It look good in pics I really want good looks, Does 400R looks better?)
Give comments about
GALAXY GTX 570 (Its 3k cheaper than other 570 is tgere much diff in gaming nd OCing)
Thanx..!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i5 2500k
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1 TB <--- 1yr warranty. try going for WD Black
GSKILL RIPJAWS 8 GB
ASUS DVD ROM
HYPER 212 FAN <--- waste. go for Evo for just 600-700 more. moreover its not fan, its a cpu cooler :p
GS 400 MOUSE

I am thinking to buy these but from replies I got some other answers, Plz give strong reason to dont to buy these parts:
Asus maximus gene Z
LG E2360 MONITOR
CM 690II ADV (It look good in pics I really want good looks, Does 400R looks better?)
Give comments about
GALAXY GTX 570 (Its 3k cheaper than other 570 is tgere much diff in gaming nd OCing) <--- wait for HD7870 for similar price but should be lot faster
Thanx..!!

replies in green

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
i5 2500k
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1 TB
GSKILL RIPJAWS 8 GB
ASUS DVD ROM
HYPER 212 FAN
GS 400 MOUSE

Asus maximus gene Z
LG E2360 MONITOR
Give comments about
GALAXY GTX 570 (Its 3k cheaper than other 570 is tgere much diff in gaming nd OCing)
Thanx..!!

Look mate i've given you the best at your budget. First of all maximus gene Z is a great board but has a micro-atx form factor. Its absolutely okay.

The seasonic psu i suggested offers more watt and it too has an efficiency of 85% read "bronze".

Corsair 400R offers great vfm imo. Its looks good , is sturdy and pricing is just excellent.

I suggested you the 7950 and its a lot faster than 570, has twice the vram and is based on a new architecture, runs cooler and consumes less power. If it fits in your budget then why not go for it. You can also wait for 7870 like SAM said and it will be cheaper as well.

If you can spend more for that lg then you can definitely go for it.

OP
B

bkgodara

Broken In
I was success to increase mu budget to 90-92k.
I decided to go for:
i7 2600k for 17k
Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gene3 for 15.5k (Expensive but vfm?)
I really want a good exterior of my pc so decided to spend 4k on speakers, 4k on keyboard, 2k on mouse.
About GPU Amd 7870 has been officially announced to launch on 15 march for about 350$ (18k), Dont know about release date in india but hope it before 5-6 April under 22k.
I really need ultra fast calculation in chess and my prgrm use hyperthread that gives 1.7x boost ovet 2500k.

What u guys think about the changes??

techbulb

eUREKA...
Hey i am also frm jaipur IT component shops are very poor in jaipur i have searched whole of raiser plaza and could'nt find decent prices for any parts for my build anyway my xams started so decided to build after they are over and new intel proccessors and nvidia gpu will also come
U should also wait for ivy bridge because it comes with many advantages and performance boost and if you need urgently go for i7 - 2600k &
Asus p8z68 v-pro is pretty good

Last edited:
OP
B

bkgodara

Broken In
Hey i am also frm jaipur IT component shops are very poor in jaipur i have searched whole of raiser plaza and could'nt find decent prices for any parts for my build anyway my xams started so decided to build after they are over and new intel proccessors and nvidia gpu will also come
U should also wait for ivy bridge because it comes with many advantages and performance boost and if you need urgently go for i7 - 2600k &
Asus p8z68 v-pro is pretty good

I dont want to wait I will buy it on April 1st week. Nice to know that u r also from jaipur. Can you tell me minimum prices of ghis processor and mobo? Thank you..

techbulb

eUREKA...
Ok so buy 2600k & v pro they are pretty good too, also i was just suggesting .
Same here good to know that someone other people frm jaipur are here too by the way wat your age

OP
B

bkgodara

Broken In
Bought 2 items today:
Mobo- Asus P8z68 V-Pro Gen3- 15000 Rs.
CM 690 II PLUS Cabinet with transparent panel- 5500 Rs.
I bought it from a local dealer.
Plz cmnt..!!

aadishvaar

Broken In
Look mate i've given you the best at your budget. First of all maximus gene Z is a great board but has a micro-atx form factor. Its absolutely okay.

Corsair 400R offers great vfm imo. Its looks good , is sturdy and pricing is just excellent.

If you can spend more for that lg then you can definitely go for it.

@ Vicky you are really True. :cool:

1) i am already suffering from a "micro-atx" Mobo - always avoid. :cry: :banghead:
2) i have seen many cabee but corsair is corsair, best VFM. I liked most is wire management ability & "inside" beauty. :doublethumb:
3) i love dell - atlist go for a monitor which have IPS. :number1:

To OP, if i was from raj. i must have gone for a hydro cooler not at all a air cooler. but i suppose till now you have bought a cooler. keep in mind for future. (try to exchange if possible) :Fingerx:

OP
B

bkgodara

Broken In
I have AC in my room so temp in summers is no problem. And in Winter temp goes down to -2 degrees.
I asked theprice of hyper 212 evo and price was 2300 I think it should be about 1.8-1.9k?
And Ya thinking to buy Logitech Z623 200watt THX Certified speakers from infibeam.com for 7700? Are they good enough to give nice quality along with window shaking Bass !!!!

OP
B

bkgodara

Broken In
Purchased following stuff from Jaipur:
Core i7 2600k
Asus P8Z68V-PRO-GEN3
CM Hyper 212 evo
CORSAIR TX 750 PSU
LG E2381Vr
LOGITECH Z623
Logitech G400 Gaming Mouse
Logitech combo MK320
RAM GSKILL 1600Mhz 8 GB
1 TB BARRACUDA HDD 64 mb cache
Only GPU left to start my DREAM Top End Gaming Rig :)

dfcols71

In the zone
congrats mate if you can afford go for amd 7950 (29000/-)pabgb without overclocking better than 7870 (22100/-)smc if not the later