Gamepad buying advice

Jaskaran

Broken In
Hello all
I have a decent pc (WEI score 7.8).
I play most of pc game with my deathstalker ultimate. But now I also decided to play some console games in it using emulators since I currently don't have money to by one.
And playing console games with keyboard is a bit uncomfortable. So I decided to buy gamepad. My budget is 1000 rupees, I can put a little more if it's worth.
I will give most preference to comfort and performance. It should also have some looks to match my pc's looks, if possible.
So please advice me one.

Gollum

Collector
hahahahaha are you kidding?
add 500 rupees more and you will get the best of them all
supported by a huge number of games - Xbox360 Gamepad for roughly 1.5k

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
Ok. But cmon man! I have no knowledge of gamepads. Infact, this will be my first gamepad after Nintendo!
Anyways... fine, I will add some more money. Can you please name some good ones please?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Get original 360/ PS3 controller according to your play style ( I prefer PS)
If you cant stretch budget, get a PS2 controller with converter..
Its better than all other el cheapo gamepads because all it's buttons are analog.. i.e. pressure sensitive

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
How about this- Sameo 2 in 1 Wireless Controller Gamepad - Sameo: Flipkart.com

Or

This- *www.flipkart.com/thrustmaster-3-1-dual-trigger/p/itmczbn3deefpjzk?pid=ACCCZAHKAEFUGBZU&ref=52eb32d3-49ac-4c79-90e7-3ec5f923a57e

And one more thing, well I be able to connect these ps2 ones at the back ports (those ps2-type ports) of my pc?

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
ps3 controller is not directly compatible with PC games
You will need to download remotejoy which will create compatibility issues with games
I have a ps3 and I know the ps3 controller is not much suited for pc
360 wired controller is very good and is very comfortable too.
the front triggers are analog so they are very good for throttle control in racing games and the analog sticks do not slip under your thumb.

Any thing that sounds local is utter crap
their analog sticks do not last long and the d pad is sure to be too hard to use
the buttons have a bad build quality and if you play a fighter like tekken on them you will blisters on your fingers/thumbtips

My first pc controller was logitech precision - it did not have any analog controls - bought for 500bucks
second was frontech jil some model which worked fine for a few months but again it had hard buttons and left analog stick crapped out
then I bought xbox360 wired controller and the thing itself looks classy and the cable is very good and strong - also includes a wire breaker for preventing damage due to accidental trips by the wire getting tangles in the legs of ppl passing by
lastly my ps3 controllers - they have the smoothest of analog sticks [like butter], motion sensing and what not - but they dont work so well with PC.

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
I don't think I will go for ps3 controllers, they are problematic. I will get ps2 ones. Again, please see my previous post and answer my questions please. That would be big help.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes you can use them as a regular gamepad as long as you have the right usb converter..
Although search around a bit.. I am not sure if Windows recognizes the PS2's buttons as analog.. meaning, it might detect pressure sensitive triggers like the 360 pad does

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Yes you can use them as a regular gamepad as long as you have the right usb converter..
Although search around a bit.. I am not sure if Windows recognizes the PS2's buttons as analog.. meaning, it might detect pressure sensitive triggers like the 360 pad does
All this just to save 500 bucks? :lol:

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In

Thanks dude. I have my cabinet as cooler master 690 2 advanced and my mobo is asrock extreme 4. Will they be able to handle it?

@commander shawnzer, can't understand what you mean :/

How about this- Sameo 2 in 1 Wireless Controller Gamepad - Sameo: Flipkart.com

Or

This- Thrustmaster 3 in 1 Dual Trigger - Thrustmaster: Flipkart.com
How about one of these?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
my point being, ps2 pad is better than all el cheapo gamepads available in the market..
not everyone can afford a 360 controller :) (and not everyone likes the controller layout )

.jRay.

Youngling
*www.flipkart.com/m/thrustmaster-gpx-gamepad/p/itmde7f5qhjbfzxh?pid=ACCDE7EUH8HKGPTU&otracker=browse

Hows this? Any reviews?

Top Bottom