Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The only bad thing about RE4 is it's bad controlling system.
well if you are saying about the keyboard controls.then yes they are a bit messy.but not that bad.as i have read some people here have even completed it by using keyboard.

but with a gamepad it is a bliss.rest as ethan said.even after finishing it you wont be bored of playing it again.those mini games are amazing.
and when ashley gets that knight suit.its more fun to play.

btw i am playing wolverine.
and i think even if its a good game there is no originality in it.some levels bosses and gameplay have been copied from tomb raider,assasins creed,prince of persia and re4.

or its a fusion of levels gameplay and bosses bought from those games.

some dialogues and levels(though very few) in this game seems to be very kiddish.

angie

At last the devil is here
^^What???? Dude. it was one heck of a game till the end!!!
there is no story... there are 4-5 types of races... so there is no start and there is no end.... :cool::cool:
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
there is no denying the fact that re4 is legen...dary game on pc but it simply sucks at pc. why would a pc gamer use keyboard for aiming... defeats the very purpose of pc....

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prototype is a traditional hack-en-slash title. So naturally the way the controls are handled are quite different to a survival horror game. RE4 was the only game in the entire series to completely remodel the control scheme. If you play the previous RE titles, you'll be even more frustrated with them.

If you give RE4's controls some time to get adjusted to, then it should be a roller coaster ride. It's that exciting. I have heard many of them cribbing about the control mechanics & how difficult they were. For me, it was the best way to focus on incoming zombie attacks & infuse fear. You stop, aim, think & then shoot. You can't go all Rambo as that would defeat the purpose of survival horror theme.

Dead Space handled in a quite similar way, if you have noticed it. It has borrowed a lot of elements from RE4's gameplay. For example, the over-the-shoulder camera, close range melee attacks, inventory system etc. The good thing about Dead Space being, it had a good setup & the necromorphs were pretty unique.

I guess both Dead Space & RE4 can be considered really great survival horror titles, but RE4 has so much more replay value then Dead Space. If you look at the modes you can unlock in RE4, you'll be amazed as to how much more this game has to offer. Not to mention, it's (RE4) single player mode is much longer compared to Dead Space.

Yup, I know prototype is a hack N slash game like onimusha :p but even with a gamepad RE4 was a annoying experience for me. But rest assured I'll give it a try. I really liked those cutscene in RE4. Just saved them from my previous RE4 install dir :p

well if you are saying about the keyboard controls.then yes they are a bit messy.but not that bad.as i have read some people here have even completed it by using keyboard.

but with a gamepad it is a bliss.rest as ethan said.even after finishing it you wont be bored of playing it again.those mini games are amazing.
and when ashley gets that knight suit.its more fun to play.

I've played RE4 with a gamepad but not with a xbox360 controller.

Hearing positive feedbacks from you guys made me eager enough to install it for the second time & give it a hard try :p

BTW, Can you guys tell me if those cheap vibration gamepads ( mine came with driver ) are OK to play RE4 if not I'll try to buy the xbox 360 controoler.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
whatever game it is, I just prefer xbox360 controller. Before I tried zebroincs gamepad which died after few days and also was not compatible with few games.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Raven Squad.

A really innovative game with a blend of FPS/RTS. Really nice controls and optimisation. Apart from a few graphical flaws and glitches, its an awesome game worth a try!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hearing positive feedbacks from you guys made me eager enough to install it for the second time & give it a hard try :p

BTW, Can you guys tell me if those cheap vibration gamepads ( mine came with driver ) are OK to play RE4 if not I'll try to buy the xbox 360 controoler.
I completed RE4 on my PS2. After that I tried it directly on the PC, for testing purposes with a 360 controller & it worked perfectly. I'm not sure about those cheap PS2 look-alike controllers, but I'm sure they should work too, with a bit of calibration of course. I'm shocked you deleted the game. If you can't get adjusted to RE4's control scheme, then RE5 would be just as difficult for you to control. Although mouse & keyboard have been integrated, the gameplay would still be the same. My suggestion is to get the Xbox 360 controller. It would be useful not only for this game, but also for the future titles as well. The compatibility rate is just amazing compared to these cheap ones.

Be patient with the game & once you progress from the first chapter, I guarantee you'll really start to enjoy this game. It wasn't considered the best seller on PS2 for no reason. Also download the community mod pack & the costume, lighting & HDR mods to jazz up the game graphically. The cut-scenes will still be of low quality on the PC. You can download high quality cut-scene pack which has been ripped on some forum, but it's not worth the effort, unless you're a quality freak.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Ethan_Hunt & desiibond - Thanks for suggesting on xbox360 controller. I will get one for sure. :p

Those videos comes with RE4 is just enough for me. I just loved them so much I've kept them though I had uninstalled the game.

I'm gonna give it a try with XBOX360 controller :p

BTW, have you guys tried another survival horror game :
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi

I had just completed it for the 2nd time :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Never heard of that game. :|

On a side note, Rockstar decided to release both their DLC GTA IV episodic games; The Lost & damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony on DVD media this October. Both these games will be packaged as one DVD set titled "Grand Theft Auto: Stories from Liberty City" & would be released on October 29th. Man I can't wait for both these titles to hit the shelves. Knowing Rockstar's reputation, I'm sure they won't disappoint on the storyline. :grin:

shan_rav

Right off the assembly line
m doin crysis dz daz.
bt really like is nfsmw.
hav compltd it i dnt rrmbr evn hw many times.
dats the game i really want.
Posted again:
addicted to Call Of Duty 4... All timeeee :)
ya its awsum bt nty addictiv

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Still playing GTA4, visually the game is a treat , physics is awesome and all ... But the game is not as fun as Vice city, i remember doing crazy sh1t in Vice ciry and the game was so much fun that could not stop it playing even after completing all storyline. They made GTA4 to be more realistic and it took away the fun part a bit.

Playin Call of Jaurez before I start with the second installment, the game is great :) . It wud be gr8 if horse riding and exploring was in third person as GUN. but still a good game.

quan chi

mortal kombat
wolverine the only best part i found.

*thumb5.webshots.net/t/55/755/5/97/98/2896597980105451885VHzCsE_th.jpg*thumb5.webshots.net/t/68/468/3/21/25/2118321250105451885rLSpeH_th.jpg*thumb5.webshots.net/t/64/764/5/67/5/2657567050105451885rCFEDd_th.jpg

*thumb5.webshots.net/t/68/468/7/76/97/2423776970105451885ZTRLIE_th.jpg*thumb5.webshots.net/t/96/96/6/7/65/2288607650105451885uRQbjB_th.jpg

*thumb5.webshots.net/t/64/764/1/22/13/2023122130105451885CtBAcV_th.jpg*thumb5.webshots.net/t/75/175/7/94/74/2767794740105451885DkEbcM_th.jpg
*inlinethumb59.webshots.com/3002/2767794740105451885S425x425Q85.jpg
*inlinethumb08.webshots.com/27719/2330588400105451885S425x425Q85.jpg
*inlinethumb56.webshots.com/43255/2799267800105451885S425x425Q85.jpg
*inlinethumb56.webshots.com/43511/2413790510105451885S425x425Q85.jpg*inlinethumb06.webshots.com/13637/2224227290105451885S425x425Q85.jpg*inlinethumb09.webshots.com/45064/2204222860105451885S425x425Q85.jpg*inlinethumb47.webshots.com/43886/2166965100105451885S425x425Q85.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom