Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm playing it on my elder bro's GTS 250 which has 1GB GDDR3 mem but still it stuttering though not always. It stutters most when I go outside into light from those gloomy dark rooms. The game pauses a little bit and then continues smoothly. I've not faced such issue with any other game though. There's a patch v1.6 or something like this for this game right ?

currently on Refinery Part and I'm almost out of ammo and health vials but have to kill hordes of those dark vicious dog like animals err.... aliens but eventually I 'll finish them all for sure.

Encountered with some little spider like things and they are more dangerous than those aliens but finished them with the shotgun anyway only hitch is the amount of ammo for shotgun is really scarce. As of now I'll try to give this game main priority.

BTW, Played couple of matches in MotoGP Ultimate Racing Technology 3 - the Extreme 1000 and 1200 matches are fairly easy to win.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Topgear: how is the graphics of AVP.....???

The graphics are really good but not great to be honest - you can call it a graphically improved quake 4 ( eye candy wise IMO ) though the game play is different and more good and intense. Specially the dark gloomy environment/ those aliens and their presence in you minimap and the indication sound will give you thrills and shivers and you will be excited for finishing them off all and don't forget to use the knock back feature - you wiill really need it to suvive.

As in the game progress :

Now on level Ruins . Completed Jungle and faced 2 new eneimes some bot/zombie like humans you you shoot at you and some acid spiting aliens - they are fast and afile but they are easy to kill with the a sniper scope rifle. At the end of the Refinery level I had the first boss fight of the game - To be honest that was really easy to gain the victory !

kumarmanish

Broken In
Yesterday I tested Crysis on my new system. And currently hooked to it!! :D

Resolution - 1680X1050
All Settings - Very High
AA - 4X
VSync - ON

I am getting 35+ fps constantly and its looking as superb as photorealistic!! Awesome,awesome graphics! What they achieved 3 years back is really commendable!

PS - I am playing Crysis for the first time!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@topgear: graphically improved quake 4...if the graphic is not dat great..then y they created a huge setup for this after installation 30GB..i guess????

Done with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Yet another mindfu(k ending. Pretty good but Assassin's Creed 2 still holds the number one spot in the series.

Going to start Medal of Honor now.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear: graphically improved quake 4...if the graphic is not dat great..then y they created a huge setup for this after installation 30GB..i guess????

AVP takes around 15GB disc space after installed not 30GB.

like I said the graphics is good but not as great as crysis or metro 2033. I really can't comment too much Why they have made such huge setup.

May be the latest AVP has huge number of texture files and levels etc. etc. which requires a lot of space and another thing you might have noticed that games with huge setup files usually wants a more powerful cpu and that's why AVP and GTA4 like games more cpu hungry than gpu.

BTW, updated the game and lost all saved files - the stupid stuttering bug is still there but it reduced a lot after updating the game. Started playing this game again.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
AVP ( 2010 ) :

met with the first predator in the game. rescued tequila and now going to retrieve the data pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom