Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Currently playing:
Darksiders [X360]
Left 4 Dead 2 [PC]
Alien Swarm [PC] (on hold for co-op)

Also just installed Mafia and somehow got my 360 controller configured to it. Now can anyone tell me how long should this game take me to complete? I have been told there are no side missions like GTA. The driving parts are unbelievably annoying. It's like my vehicles are being driven on dry ice. :-(

1930's civilian cars are supposed to handle and drive that way. You can't get pass the upward sloped roads without breaking your gas button :p

Get used to it. It will feel awkward after playing with present day cars. And there isn't much you can do except getting used. But game pays off the efforts, btw.

^ left mafia after you need to pick up about 3 f***ing civilians and take'em to their destinations. I failed that missions numerous times. So i left mafia. GTA WAY BETTER!
We don't need realistic things in a game and thats why it called a game.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
1930's civilian cars are supposed to handle and drive that way. You can't get pass the upward sloped roads without breaking your gas button :p
I'm not talking about sloped streets. Even on flat layout, these cars would spin a full 180 even at the slightest tilt of the analog stick. So it's either the sensitivity being too high or I need to let go of my acceleration.

arijit_2404

still find time for games
2 games installed in my Steam client.

1. Football Manager 2010 - Manager of Arsenal FC, leading the EPL by few points against Chelsea/ManU & Liverfool.

2. Spellforce Platinum: 6th campaign of First game - chasing Rohen to save his life and currently on Wildlands Pass Island.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I'm not talking about sloped streets. Even on flat layout, these cars would spin a full 180 even at the slightest tilt of the analog stick. So it's either the sensitivity being too high or I need to let go of my acceleration.

That issue wasn't there with k&b configuration. Instead of tilting the stick fully try just moving it a bit like 20% of it.. this should solve if there is any trouble with pressure sensitivity.

ajai5777

Youngling
I didnt experience any handling issues with vehicles.But I still remeber a race which was hard to win.I used some sort of trick like skipping one lap or sumthing to win that race. (Read in a cheatbook)

Piyush

Lanaya
currently playing BLUR
only love the authentic races

the bad side of this game - destruction races and the f***ing checkpoints races

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
:smile: completed COD 4 in 1.5days......i think the single player mode is small.....
but i loved it....spcly....the opening ship intro level & the stealth mode level with capt.MacMillan...is simply awesome......
this is the game which i can replay again & again.....(although i dnt replay ne games ;-))

i hope COD:MW2 is also njyoble like this :grin:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Also just installed Mafia and somehow got my 360 controller configured to it. Now can anyone tell me how long should this game take me to complete? I have been told there are no side missions like GTA. The driving parts are unbelievably annoying. It's like my vehicles are being driven on dry ice. :-(
Get the silver fletcher or better a thor :)

I so so remember the incident where I was going backward in a car up the slope despite pressing the gas on max...lol :lol:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^ left mafia after you need to pick up about 3 f***ing civilians and take'em to their destinations. I failed that missions numerous times. So i left mafia. GTA WAY BETTER!
We don't need realistic things in a game and thats why it called a game.

GTA is totally different game, that's why people loved Mafia that it didn't try to be GTA. Play it for some time and you will get used to the handling of old cars.
The game has great music and good variety of missions but considering the fact that the game is old(hence visually not as much as appealing as new games) and has a setting when cars were slow, needs some patience and motivation to play.

@Allwyn, I won't recommend playing it with a 360 controller (that you somehow managed to configure). leave the couch :D and use KB/mouse to play the game and yeah you will be getting some fast cars later in the game. I insist you play the game this way, don't want a fellow gamer to miss a good experience. Enjoy.

btw, if anyone has the track that has lyrics "you run your mouth and I run my business brother" form the game, please let me know from where to get it.

dinjo_jo

Padawan
No comparision should be made between Mafia and GTA ; GTA is a long running franchise and a very successful one too, whereas Mafia is just one game who knows how good or bad(I hope not) game Mafia II could turn out

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@Allwyn, I won't recommend playing it with a 360 controller (that you somehow managed to configure). leave the couch :D and use KB/mouse to play the game and yeah you will be getting some fast cars later in the game. I insist you play the game this way, don't want a fellow gamer to miss a good experience. Enjoy.
I returned to the mouse+keyboard combo. Got past the first few missions. Got speeding tickets from all over the place (cops just love me :grin:). Now a new problem, I reached the part where I get caught by Morello's thugs and have to escape from them on foot. The problem is horrible movement controls. I can't seem to use camera navigation via mouse movements. Turning left and right would only allow Tommy to strafe and not turn in that freakin' direction. WTF is wrong here?

ichi said:
Get the silver fletcher or better a thor
I assume they are faster cars. Where do I find them?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lol...run lola run. Run in zigzag pattern but maintain the distance. I guess they beat ya car with baseball bats before ? same mission ?

You wont be getting these cars so soon. Good thing is that you will get a batmobile car too later.

For now depend upon falconer (blue color, and mainly taxi drivers). Thor is FWD so handles very well and damn good acceleration.

More about cars in this forum:
MafiaScene.com • View topic - MattyDienhoff's Mafia Car Guide

A really good forum to discuss abt mafia and to know everything abt the game.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^lol...run lola run. Run in zigzag pattern but maintain the distance. I guess they beat ya car with baseball bats before ? same mission ?
That's it all right. I am trying to run (strafe) in random direction, but without a proper camera navigation it's difficult to see where I'm going.

You wont be getting these cars so soon. Good thing is that you will get a batmobile car too later.

For now depend upon falconer (blue color, and mainly taxi drivers). Thor is FWD so handles very well and damn good acceleration.

More about cars in this forum:
MafiaScene.com • View topic - MattyDienhoff's Mafia Car Guide

A really good forum to discuss abt mafia and to know everything abt the game.
Thanks for the site. I'll look into it once I progress enough through the game.

ajai5777

Youngling
POP TFS almost half completed.Playing the level 'The terrace'.2 problems occurred till now.The door in the level 'The stables' and another door in the level 'The prison'.

For the first one I had to replay the game and passed the rooms with out dying in throne rooms.The door in 'The prison' wasnt opening even after we stand on the plate'.I lowered the difficulty to open it.

Now taking back up of savegame in every level :p

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
That's it all right. I am trying to run (strafe) in random direction, but without a proper camera navigation it's difficult to see where I'm going.

I played it long ago so cant remember if I faced some problem here, but I think this is the only on foot chase in the game. and yeah, the police is also not very forgiving, to save time obey the rules. Dont try to outrun them like in GTA :D .

Mafia 2 is set after the era of Mafia 1 so this time players will get faster cars and the police system is also forgiving and not realistic like Mafia 1.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Just reached An Alliance To Save Rodriguez mission in Sniper Ghost Warrior. It's like the 5th mission. The game's quite engaging. It seems they took up some stuff from CoD... but who dosen't this days ? Lol.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I played it long ago so cant remember if I faced some problem here, but I think this is the only on foot chase in the game. and yeah, the police is also not very forgiving, to save time obey the rules. Dont try to outrun them like in GTA :D
Fixed the issue. I had changed the controls manually and the aiming being assigned to right mouse clicked screwed the whole navigation part. I switched to default controls and it worked perfectly. The driving part is really tiresome. I love the music though, it stays very authentic to the whole theme of the game. Currently on mission 4-2 Ordinary Routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom