Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never play borderlands with a random guy, I did once and the other guy just followed me while I killed all the enemies, he got a lot of XP in the process, stole a lot of loots(while I was busy killing the enemies), and lastly when he got more loot than he can carry he sold it rather than sharing it with me, that's why I play with a friend.
Hate to say it but i also did the same thing that your random buddy did, i was at level 7 and the guys i was playing with were like 20-26-36. So there was nothing i could do to help them, i needed xp points like you badly to continue my single player campaign. You get xp just for walking with them, omg. And i level up nicely and continued my single player, until i needed xp again and applied the same procedure. If you were in my boots you would have done the same.

^^lol nice trick.
I know. BTW got you pm. I'm downloading Zero Gear demo now. Should be finished my 2 moro. So i'll be able to join you 2moro. I give you the time after i have a successful session on MW2 multiplayer myself. Don't wait for me. I'll join you. Get some practice in the mean time.

tkin

Back to school!!
Just reached Seventh Level in Dark Sector. Even though the story lacks punch and x factor... Glaive+minnions+bosses are simply fantastic.

Can any one tell, how many levels are there in dark sector?
I thinks its 10, not sure though, keep playing. I just got bored @ chapter 7 (just before engaging the boss called shift- didn't finish the fight) and left for borderlands.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Hate to say it but i also did the same thing that your random buddy did, i was at level 7 and the guys i was playing with were like 20-26-36. So there was nothing i could do to help them, i needed xp points like you badly to continue my single player campaign. You get xp just for walking with them, omg. And i level up nicely and continued my single player, until i needed xp again and applied the same procedure. If you were in my boots you would have done the same.
Yeah, the beginning of borderlands is a bit frustrating for newcomers, i died about 3 times to beat Bone Head during my first time, but after I restarted the campaign I finished it without taking much damage, all you need to know are the mechanics properly.

Basic Rule of Thumb in Borderlands- before engaging any mission look at the mission level in the ECHO device.

1.If mission level lower than your level, go for it.
2.Mission Level same as your level, get some good guns and ammunitions and health kit.
3.Mission level 1/2 higher, go for it but must have some good guns(really really good).
4.Mission level more than 2 levels higher than your's, you're dead if you engage it.

In borderlands how much damage is dealt is completely dependent on your level vs the enemies' level, if it takes 10 shots from a specific weapon to kill an enemy at a specific level(say 10), then @ level 20 it should take 2-3 shots max.

What you did is understandable, you got money for doing so and also some of the XP but can you imagine what it feels when some ungrateful idiot follows you around, gain XP and money and also any special mission bonus but then this guy also followed me everywhere and while I was busy killing the enemies he stole all the weapons from the crates, even weapons that due to level requirements he can't us but I can, he sold them to make money(he was at level 12 and had 80k money- not possible in single player).

There was one mission where I killed a boss and he stole a good shield(apparently he read the walkthrough or something) and even though he can't use it for another 8-10 levels, he sold it, I got pi$$ed off and closed the game.

Now I play with an old school mate of mine, we are good friends so we co-operated very well, we never sold any stuff without the other's consent, distributing the loot(he played as siren, so most smgs and elemental weapons are used by him, while I as soldier aim for snipers and shotguns) if there are any unique weapons from any boss, we do the mission twice to get two sets of the same weapons.

Borderlands isn't a game to be played with strangers.

Images in the next post.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Some Images From Borderlands.

*img17.imageshack.us/img17/6991/borderlands201001040136.jpg

*img695.imageshack.us/img695/2217/borderlands201001040139.jpg

*img17.imageshack.us/img17/9966/borderlands201001041837v.jpg

*img148.imageshack.us/img148/5225/borderlands201001041838.jpg

*img502.imageshack.us/img502/5225/borderlands201001041838.jpg

*img695.imageshack.us/img695/7295/borderlands201001041839.jpg

*img502.imageshack.us/img502/9746/borderlands201001041842.jpg

*img502.imageshack.us/img502/9375/borderlands201001041842n.jpg

*img695.imageshack.us/img695/2315/borderlands201001041843.jpg

*img148.imageshack.us/img148/1641/borderlands201001041845.jpg

*img695.imageshack.us/img695/9223/borderlands201001041850.jpg

*img199.imageshack.us/img199/9223/borderlands201001041850.jpg

*img199.imageshack.us/img199/4369/borderlands201001041851.jpg

*img148.imageshack.us/img148/1186/borderlands201001041900.jpg

*img695.imageshack.us/img695/1186/borderlands201001041900.jpg

quan chi

mortal kombat
I know. BTW got you pm. I'm downloading Zero Gear demo now. Should be finished my 2 moro. So i'll be able to join you 2moro. I give you the time after i have a successful session on MW2 multiplayer myself. Don't wait for me. I'll join you. Get some practice in the mean time.

allright no problem.

btw we have already started.:D actually if we get atleast 6 people then we can play in private among ourselves.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

lol i think mw2 prestige edition got inspired from halo3 legendary edition.

*www.amazon.com/Halo-3-Legendary-Xb..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1253054126&sr=8-1

in legendary edition you get that helmet.lol:D

[youtube]n10vWixlDoI[/youtube]

quan chi

mortal kombat
alright finished halo1.
though the game had many repetitive levels.but still the ending was nice.

though this game is also good.but i think halo 2 is better.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glitter gun?? Do you mean Gatling Gun?? Anyway in the clifftop shacks there is an unique nailboard called board of education, try to search the huts, its beside the bed in one of the huts.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Its getting unbearable. Its worst than last time.

Yup, it's galting gun :p

Will search for that :p

BTW, how did you completed the oasis mission - i mean have yo freed the old tree/human from it's pain or used some chem on it.

As I used the the chem to grow it even more I got some gifts from for doing this but now I have more item than I can carry in the game and there is no goddamn place to store this stuffs near oasis - thinking of re-entering into the cave in there and store thiese in some mirelurks body :p

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^I'm just at 10% of Zero Gear. Sh*t! I'll join ye after my exams.

@tkin: Ye made me reinstall that game. Never knew it was so much fun. Thank you.

@vamsi: Oh. My. God! Uncensored L4D 2 made me eyes bleed. Phuc! I think I'll go to Australia. Though they have sh*t accents, they don't like blood. BTW, my favorite games are available there. They censored it awesomely! Sh*t load o' blood and gore in that uncut L4D 2. I'll get that censored L4D 2. Let me finish the exams first. Thank you for that, budd.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Currently playing:
Condemned 2: Bloodshot (Mission 4: "Doll Factory")

Also waiting for my Verbatim packs to arrive and should be playing Borderlands and hopefully Army of Two: The 40th Day (when it come out). :smile:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Have ye guys seen GameSpot's On the Show of SPCell: Conviction Co-op? It's awesome! Those Phucin' animations are so real, I was blown away! Awesome, Ubi! Can't wait.

Finally played Cod MW 2 multi-player. I must say that this one has surpassed its predecessor. Its very good and fun and awesome.
Anyone want to invite me i'm posting my xfire profile pic so that you know when i'm playing mw2.

*miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/0/jojothedragon.png

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Have ye guys seen GameSpot's On the Show of SPCell: Conviction Co-op? It's awesome! Those Phucin' animations are so real, I was blown away! Awesome, Ubi! Can't wait.

Yes conviction is a game that's been drooling me since i saw it's teaser. And e3,2009 just made my drooling to droooooooooding. Especially the phys fights and the way Sam tackles his enemies and those amazing camera angels are making me speech less.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Ye know what, it's the same way I feel when I hear 'bout Nomad and AC series. Yeah, they've made interactive cutscenes-like! Awesome, Ubi! God! Ubi surpassed EA to gain No. 1 spot in my list of best game-makers. PHUCIN' AWESOME!!!!! That's my dreamg...nah! Dream-game! Yeah! I love interactions. Nowadays I don't feel games are "games". Crysis made me first & then BiA: HH. Superb!

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Currently playing NFS:MW.
The joy of getting chased by a dozen of cops doesn't seems to get down inspite of the age.

tkin

Back to school!!
Yup, it's galting gun :p

Will search for that :p

BTW, how did you completed the oasis mission - i mean have yo freed the old tree/human from it's pain or used some chem on it.

As I used the the chem to grow it even more I got some gifts from for doing this but now I have more item than I can carry in the game and there is no goddamn place to store this stuffs near oasis - thinking of re-entering into the cave in there and store thiese in some mirelurks body :p
I did same as you, btw don't you have a a follower? Let him carry stuff for you. I made Fawkes carry all my luggage :grin:

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

^I'm just at 10% of Zero Gear. Sh*t! I'll join ye after my exams.

@tkin: Ye made me reinstall that game. Never knew it was so much fun. Thank you.

@vamsi: Oh. My. God! Uncensored L4D 2 made me eyes bleed. Phuc! I think I'll go to Australia. Though they have sh*t accents, they don't like blood. BTW, my favorite games are available there. They censored it awesomely! Sh*t load o' blood and gore in that uncut L4D 2. I'll get that censored L4D 2. Let me finish the exams first. Thank you for that, budd.
Its very fun if you play Co-op(only with friends), you level up faster, get much better loot(weapons and shields), and enemies re more tough(which gets very interesting)

We are so addicted that I call my friend up @ 4 AM in the morning to play the game, the game consumes much bandwidth so we play during free times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom