Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ I think you have played a FPS game in the console. For a typical kb+mouse fan.. controller will not do a justice. Just play an action adventure game in any console and holla.. feel the heaven. Even I use to talk like you before I got my very first console.

PC Gaming FTW. Nothing beats kbd+mouse for me. I hate the following consoles i have gamed on :

Box360 (M$ $ux)
PS3
PS2

Owned none, but gamed quite enough on these three and i still like PC. Suffering from chronic PCGamingobitis.

vamsi ping pong, pacman, dave, pocket tanks, road rash are the best games ever. Did I mention Doom? Wolf 3D?
I was 'exactly' like you but now after seeing the potential of consoles and the fun factor it's consoles over PC anyday.
I derive much more fun from console gaming than PC gaming.

BTW I'm totally hooked up to Uncharted 2. Started playing it this evening and 49% through already in 5 hours of play time.

tkin

Back to school!!
I was 'exactly' like you but now after seeing the potential of consoles and the fun factor it's consoles over PC anyday.
I derive much more fun from console gaming than PC gaming.

BTW I'm totally hooked up to Uncharted 2. Started playing it this evening and 49% through already in 5 hours of play time.
Huge prices(2.5k vs 999/-), limited graphics, bad accuracy with controllers? I am happy with my PC, got a PS2 as b'day gift 2 yrs back, gave it to cousin after using it for 2 weeks.

Krow

Crowman
And if I "get" a game, then no need to burn it to a dvd to play either for a pc. Also, I know Controllers are sometimes better, and they can be connected to a PC as well. When you game on a console, you are limited to company specified hardware, while the PC is 100 times more customisable. As, tkin said. Why should I spend 2.5k for every game? Its nonsense and I'm not that rich either (anyway, Krow money is not what you humans accept).

Errr... I have not played FPS, but mostly racing (Burnout Revenge), sports (FIFA Street 2, FIFA 08), PGR not sure which version, Tekken 5, and some other games. But, all they made me desire was to look for the same games in the PC, which I couldn't find quite a few times.

Although i don't have an x360 console but i've a x360 wired controller for windows and i play every game that supports it with the controller. Even now i'm playing Wolfenstien with the controller in Hard Mode. I am completely used to it in all games. So i'm having console fun in my PC.

Then tell me how many 'good' games have come out for PC in last few months and compare that with consoles. And why do devs prefer consoles? All the big games like Batman, Assassin's Creed 2 are coming to consoles first and then to PC.

tkin

Back to school!!
Then tell me how many 'good' games have come out for PC in last few months and compare that with consoles. And why do devs prefer consoles? All the big games like Batman, Assassin's Creed 2 are coming to consoles first and then to PC.
Yes, that's true, but gaming is not so essential that I can't wait for a few months to get the PC version, it also helps me to make the decision, i go to my friend's house, preview a game(like batman), then if I like it I buy. Beats a demo anytime.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Devs prefer console because

1.Its almost impossible to pirate games.
2.Games also cost more, bringing in more revenue.
3.Fixed HW, so no need to worry about different config and driver support, you've seen on x-box you've seen them all.
4.Very easy to use, customers with zero knowledge about HW can play games on PS/Xbox, but not applicable to PC, once my friend tried to play a game by double clicking on an iso file and once my friend gave me game by copying the desktop shortcut to a pendrive.

Last edited:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
What the....!? I wrote just a sentence and this "argument" began

@vamsi - Write the spellings correctly, no offense, but it's embarassin'.

Yo tkin, can I send the .iso file to External HDD and boot from it? Rather than writin' it to a DVD 'cause I ain't havin' a DVD Writer!

tkin

Back to school!!
What the....!? I wrote just a sentence and this "argument" began

@vamsi - Write the spellings correctly, no offense, but it's embarassin'.

Yo tkin, can I send the .iso file to External HDD and boot from it? Rather than writin' it to a DVD 'cause I ain't havin' a DVD Writer!
Boot what? If you mean run the DVD then it can be done with daemon tools, you can send the file to and external drive and read the dvd if you have daemon tools on the host OS. Also iso files are viewable and extractable by winrar, some games alllow you to install from a folder, like tomb raider anniversary, I was having an issue with the game iso so I extracted the content to the HDD using winrar and installed the game from there.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hey guys, my exams are going to end on 11th November (starting from Tuesday lol) and after the exams, I am getting another X360.

I was out of the 360 modding scene for quite a bit of time so have lost touch. Can anyone explain me about modding it in general. I mean what is this Wave (Wave 3, 4,etc) and what is abgx360 ? What is iExtreme, etc ? I will be grateful!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I was out of the 360 modding scene for quite a bit of time so have lost touch. Can anyone explain me about modding it in general. I mean what is this Wave (Wave 3, 4,etc) and what is abgx360 ? What is iExtreme, etc ? I will be grateful!
Modding the console would be the same way which used to happen before, no changes, that is flashing the consoles DVD drives firmware. If you are not sure how to do it, then better get it modded from a professional. Make triple sure though that he is able to retain your warranty sticker.

Wave 4 is the new video partition which has been included on the Xbox 360 DVDs. For legit owners, it doesn't mean anything, but for "back up" users, it means upgrading firmware or using other methods to boot the game. Basically, the wave 4 DVD's include a small portion for Microsoft's console update, hence changing the DVD structure.

IExtreme is currently the firmware which allows you to boot back up DVD's. The latest one being V1.6. If you get an Arcade X360, the chances are you would get a Lite-On DVD drive in it and that would need to be flashed with the 1.6 version. I would recommend you waiting for sometime before modding the console and loading the latest firmware which would allow wave 4 games booting.

Abgx360 is nothing but a GUI which verifies 360 titles and gives you all the information about it's stealth checks, region coding, time the DVD was pressed, CRC error checking etc.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Modding the console would be the same way which used to happen before, no changes, that is flashing the consoles DVD drives firmware. If you are not sure how to do it, then better get it modded from a professional. Make triple sure though that he is able to retain your warranty sticker.

Wave 4 is the new video partition which has been included on the Xbox 360 DVDs. For legit owners, it doesn't mean anything, but for "back up" users, it means upgrading firmware or using other methods to boot the game. Basically, the wave 4 DVD's include a small portion for Microsoft's console update, hence changing the DVD structure.

IExtreme is currently the firmware which allows you to boot back up DVD's. The latest one being V1.6. If you get an Arcade X360, the chances are you would get a Lite-On DVD drive in it and that would need to be flashed with the 1.6 version. I would recommend you waiting for sometime before modding the console and loading the latest firmware which would allow wave 4 games booting.

Abgx360 is nothing but a GUI which verifies 360 titles and gives you all the information about it's stealth checks, region coding, time the DVD was pressed, CRC error checking etc.

Thanks a lot. I checked a couple of YouTube videos on how to mod the 360 and I am thinking that I will get it done by a pro rather than messing it with myself. Thanks a lot though for the info.

tkin

Back to school!!
darn dat Vergil !cant finish DMC3 cuz of him:evil:.btw playin GTA:LCS 4 d fifth time
What mode are you playing in? I finished it in the most difficult mode, trick is to get all the available powers, upgrade all weapons, I used the sword and the guitar thingy. Always stay out of his reach when he is in devil mode or go devil yourself, don't hesitate to use a couple of healing stars(I used one small) and one devil mode restoring star.

It took me one week to get it done though, so you may need to practice a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom