Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

chavo

Journeyman
hey can any1 tell me hows the 'Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising'?
is it good game?
@ saddy and jojothedragon wht the hell u liked FIFA 10 :eek:
then u must play pro 10

hey can any1 tell me hows the 'Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising'?
is it good game?
@ saddy and jojothedragon wht the hell u liked FIFA 10
then u must play pro 10
I can't tell you much about OP Dragon Rising as i don't have the game but my friend over XFIRE tells me that the game is slow pased a nd much more tactical than any normal FPS. You can check out vids to satisfy yourself about the gameplay.

And about FIFA 10---I lliked it because it has all the new players and player changes from one league to the other, and not to mention the gr8 controls and i have spent my precious bandwidth to get the game and uninstall and deleting is not an option.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update on RE4 :

Recovered ashley gain. escaped with her through that garbage disposal.After killing those special mutats with that heat sensor scope fitted rifle. After that when ashley and leon got through a hole into another place there was zombies all around and it was really a very tough battle. Anyway killed them. Got that tram ride with ashely and killed those pretty rich zombies ( almost everyone has some thing and around 1600ptas ). Blowed two trucks. Completed the level and meet with the mercahnt. Saved the game :p

cyborg47

Technomancer
Assassin's Creed II Hands-On
We played through the first few hours of Assassin's Creed II to learn how Ezio moves from troublemaker to assassin.

After two years in the development oven, Assassin's Creed II is finally ready to be served next month. To celebrate the game's completion, the development team from Ubisoft Montreal flew out to meet with us in Florence, which is the first city featured in the game. It was a no-holds-barred gameplay session--they let us tear through the first few hours of the game while remaining on hand to answer questions. The game is looking very impressive, with the new locations and the historically accurate setting, and the hours flew by as we played. But, before we begin our preview, here's a substantial SPOILER ALERT: This preview contains some major plot reveals from the beginning of the game.

As has already been revealed, ACII starts out almost immediately after the first game. You take control of Desmond moments after Assassin's Creed ends, and he's lying in his room when Lucy enters in a panic, covered in blood. She has just minutes to get Desmond onto the Animus, the machine that can visualise his genetic memories. This time, though, instead of heading back to the Third Crusade, he wakes up in Renaissance-era Italy. He is literally born as the new character Ezio Auditore, at which point you have to use the face buttons to kick your feet and shake your hands. Just as your father enters the room to meet his new son, Lucy is interrupted and you both have to escape from the lab.

After running to a nearby warehouse, you meet the new team that Lucy has been working with, who are armed with the new Animus 2.0. She introduces you to Shaun Hastings, the spitting image of actor Danny Wallace, and a brand new Animus machine. Using intel that Lucy has stolen, the team uses the new Animus on Desmond to explore more of Ezio's life, so you jump in the machine to rejoin Ezio as a young adult.

The first proper action sequence is apparently an homage to Scorsese's Gangs of New York. Ezio and his friends get into a fight with a rival family, allowing you to get to grips with the combat mechanics in the game. In the Xbox 360 version we played, you can strike with X and grab with B, which allows you to string basic combos together. You can combine the two to hold enemies while punching, kneeing, or head-butting them, or you can just throw them over a nearby bridge or into other enemies. You can also block, and counter incoming attacks with some brutal combos.

With our adversaries dispatched, our brother arrived to find that we had taken a bit of a beating. He instructed us to raid the bodies for cash so that we could pay a doctor. By going over the bodies and holding B, you can rob people for cash, which is important as money plays a big part in the game. You follow your brother to the doctor, who will heal you completely for 50 Fiorinis. However, he'll also sell you healing vials for a premium of 75F, meaning that you don't have to find a doctor if you're in the middle of a battle.

Once we were healed, the next hour of the game was spent getting to know the family. Your brother challenges you to a rooftop race, your sister asks you to beat up her cheating lover, and your father gets you to deliver important letters. In between, you also perform more perfunctory tasks, such as collecting feathers from the rooftops, which will act as the new hidden collectibles in the game, and visiting your girlfriend, where you press buttons in order to kiss her and undress her (fck yeah!!:grin::grin::grin:)

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^Yes :D

PES 2010 review after 2 exhibition matches :-
(I will be comparing it to FIFA 2010 for the PC).

Graphics :-
Great. I run it on 1440x900 on max settings and it blows FIFA out of the game. the characters look stunning and there are very minute details present. FIFA feels like a crappy, out-dated game when compared to PES.

Gameplay:-
Fluid and awesome. Setting up the controls for the keyboard can be bit of a problem but I was able to setup the same controls that I have in FIFA10 and I must say that I am impressed. The game is balanced well. The AI is really well done. It's sharp but not magical like EA (After gaming for around 5yrs and playing over a 50 EA sports/racing games, I have never understood the magical AI of EA where the CPU players have magical powers in which they can overcome any and all difficulties by denying all the rules of Science :|). Playing on the easiest difficulty felt too easy (duh) so I turned it to Normal and oh my, the players react like it was a live game. The passing is accurate and the players pass where you tell them to pass unlike FIFA10 (where the players pass randomly to the nearest standing player :|). Overall, it's a much better game than FIFA10.

Sound :-
The commentary is good and so are the standium sounds. Even the thud of a ball against the net's pole is resonated very well.

Teams and Rosters :-
Almost every team and club is present with up-to-date rosters :). The players are modelled nicely and look a lot like their real life counter-parts. FIFA10 and PES almost stand shoulder to shoulder in this department.

Final notice :-
Get PES 2010 and you won't be dissapointed.

Krow

Crowman
^Yes :D

PES 2010 review after 2 exhibition matches :-
(I will be comparing it to FIFA 2010 for the PC).

Graphics :-
Great. I run it on 1440x900 on max settings and it blows FIFA out of the game. the characters look stunning and there are very minute details present. FIFA feels like a crappy, out-dated game when compared to PES.

Gameplay:-
Fluid and awesome. Setting up the controls for the keyboard can be bit of a problem but I was able to setup the same controls that I have in FIFA10 and I must say that I am impressed. The game is balanced well. The AI is really well done. It's sharp but not magical like EA (After gaming for around 5yrs and playing over a 50 EA sports/racing games, I have never understood the magical AI of EA where the CPU players have magical powers in which they can overcome any and all difficulties by denying all the rules of Science :|). Playing on the easiest difficulty felt too easy (duh) so I turned it to Normal and oh my, the players react like it was a live game. The passing is accurate and the players pass where you tell them to pass unlike FIFA10 (where the players pass randomly to the nearest standing player :|). Overall, it's a much better game than FIFA10.

Sound :-
The commentary is good and so are the standium sounds. Even the thud of a ball against the net's pole is resonated very well.

Teams and Rosters :-
Almost every team and club is present with up-to-date rosters :). The players are modelled nicely and look a lot like their real life counter-parts. FIFA10 and PES almost stand shoulder to shoulder in this department.

Final notice :-
Get PES 2010 and you won't be dissapointed.

Errrrr.... Can you please rewrite the review of the game in a more independent manner? Nicely written, but this doesn't need to be comparitive. :) Please make a thread for the review in the reviews section if you feel like. :)

Some Wolfenstein Screenies:-------

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/50211_chx2n/Wolf2%202009-10-21%2016-54-21-30.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/50212_yxeiy/Wolf2%202009-10-22%2016-18-43-95.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/50213_lvawu/Wolf2%202009-10-22%2016-21-39-13.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/50214_pm8hb/Wolf2%202009-10-22%2016-21-44-23.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/50215_yr2nj/Wolf2%202009-10-22%2016-41-56-30.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/50216_bopzc/Wolf2%202009-10-22%2016-42-00-52.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/50217_w4s3g/Wolf2%202009-10-22%2016-42-44-51.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/50218_f0urc/Wolf2%202009-10-22%2016-42-56-08.jpg

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Can't wait for MW2! "Roach"! It's too near! I can't control my adrenaline pumpin' through my spine! Darn! Darn! Darn!

[offtopic: Guys, a whole lot of OS Qs. I beg you answer these. Please. My cousin's thinkin' of buyin' Windows 7 Ultimate. Will it run awesome smooth like XP on my PC [GF9800GTX+], know what I mean? Or will it be like a '02 PC runnin' Vista Ultimate? No probs. with my "I'll die for these games" games, right? No prob with DX11 with my card? Will there be performance increments with 64-bit OS? Will 32-bit softwares work with 64-bit? I hope y'all will help me. Thank you.]

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Can't wait for MW2! "Roach"! It's too near! I can't control my adrenaline pumpin' through my spine! Darn! Darn! Darn!

[offtopic: Guys, a whole lot of OS Qs. I beg you answer these. Please. My cousin's thinkin' of buyin' Windows 7 Ultimate. Will it run awesome smooth like XP on my PC [GF9800GTX+], know what I mean? Or will it be like a '02 PC runnin' Vista Ultimate? No probs. with my "I'll die for these games" games, right? No prob with DX11 with my card? Will there be performance increments with 64-bit OS? Will 32-bit softwares work with 64-bit? I hope y'all will help me. Thank you.]
Answers:[OffTopic]

1.Will it run awesome smooth like XP on my PC [GF9800GTX+]
Ans: Yes, it will, if not faster. I used it and its a lot better than XP Pro SP3, boot up time was blazing fast, so was program launch time.

2.Or will it be like a '02 PC runnin' Vista Ultimate?
Ans: No way in hell.

3.with my "I'll die for these games" games, right?
Ans:IF the games are legit no probs. Some people are having issues with cracked games with Win 7 RC.

4.No prob with DX11 with my card?
Ans: Sorry, but your card can't run DX11, but DX11 is fully backwords compatible and the games will fall back to DX10 with no prob and will retain most of the Eye Candies. Most DX11 games till Q1 2011 will feature minor DX11 enhancements and no real eye candy, remember Crysis on DX9? So your fine here. Most games that are console(make it- All games) ports will support DX9 mainly, DMC4 is a good example, DX9 and DX10 was same with no special eye candy loss.

5.Will there be performance increments with 64-bit OS?
Ans: Yes, mostly with softwares that operate on larger amounts on memory. Also support for large amounts of ram(as much as your mobo supports)

6.Will 32-bit softwares work with 64-bit?
Ans: Yes, most will work properly, and most newly released softwares support 64bit out of the box, they come with separate installers, old softwares might show issues but I haven't come across any, if you find one than its too old and your better without it.

I hope that answers all the Qs, feel free to ask more.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
No issues with software compatibility on x64 for me either. Fully run all 32 bit ones well on my x64 W7.

tkin

Back to school!!
I just finished Batman AA, gameplay is really good but its short(maybe all games fell short after playing Fallout 3 for over 300hrs in total), anyway love the graphics, PhysX looks awesome but takes a toll on FPS, no crashes or bugs encountered so far, gameplay was easy, boss fights are a joke, nah, the best and toughest boss battles were in lost planet EC. Has good re-playability, game could use a few more gadgets. The default walking camera angle is sh$t, running and action camera angles are better.

A solid 8.5/10 from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom