Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
After some time it'll be another game. It is the way things go. I think the games that will make their way on 2011 will be best looking games on both the consoles.

tkin

Back to school!!
Alright, I tried renaming the shift.exe to grid.exe and guess what, still no difference. Now I'm beginning to think, my system is really hating this game enough to not let me play it decently. I get 14-16fps when there are more than 8 opponent vehicles. The max I can get is 22fps. This is with every detail maxed out @1920x1080 with 8X AA applied. Although I was able to complete 2-3 races with my controller, handle much better with it. The frame rates are simply pathetic and it's really hampering the game experience. I didn't have so much trouble even with a game like GTA IV (which was playable at least).
Try lowering AA, shift has good graphics, you should not expect 4850 to handle shift at those settings, not even I do, then no one would've bought HD4870 let alone HD 5xxx series.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Try lowering AA, shift has good graphics, you should not expect 4850 to handle shift at those settings, not even I do, then no one would've bought HD4870 let alone HD 5xxx series.
Buddy I have been through this drama nearly 10 times now, literally. I can't stress enough as to much settings I have tried lowering in order to get some sort of boost, but it just doesn't seem to affect the game. If Nvidiageek claims he gets 50fps and others claim to have smooth gameplay on their end, then why in the blue hell can't I? :sad:

Even my friend who has a 4870 has the same issue. At this point I can only think of 3 things; The game's screwed, ATI drivers are f*cked or my processor is a huge bottleneck.

Either way, I'm sick and tired of it. I'll try some tricks and see if that works, if not then no use spending any more time on it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Updates on RE4 :

Saw a jooker like short guy. He looks really funny :p
Pwned all of his minions.

Saw a the cut-scene where ashley was trapped when she was running away from leon.
Now fighting with those transparent looking ugly beasts.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^Even i joked on him initially. Believe me he has a boss battle and it is quite challenging. For me that short b@stard was the toughest guy in the game. Although he isn't actually.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
*www.gametrailers.com/video/alls-fair-assassins-creed/57719

new AC II trailer.. but why the heck.. the frame rates are pathetic? If that is the case in dev systems what is our position?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@Ethan :- Your CPU isnt a bottleneck. I have maxed this game on 1440x900 with no AA. All the settings are at max possible and I am getting steady 35-40 FPS even with an E4500 @2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM and a 512MB 8800GT.

Krow

Crowman
Finished GTA IV yesterday, I mean the main story at least. One hell of a demanding game! Brought my friend's 9600GT 512MB down to its knees with periodic lags. Add to that my Quad Core Phenom II X4 940. Totally a con for the game. But the game in itself is awesome. Niko Bellic FTW. Also, the addition of choices deciding our fate is cool. :) But at the end its either kuaan or khaai wala choice. :(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@Ethan :- Your CPU isnt a bottleneck. I have maxed this game on 1440x900 with no AA. All the settings are at max possible and I am getting steady 35-40 FPS even with an E4500 @2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM and a 512MB 8800GT.
Nope, still no luck. With 6 opponents, the frames are down to 22fps. :-|

Anyway tried a couple of it's races and was pretty easy handling it with the 360 controller.

^Ethan you worry about the fps too much. Who cares about fps? If you are able to view all the details distinctly without any lagging and glitches than you should just concentrate on winning. I played batman with 10-20 fps.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Ethan you worry about the fps too much. Who cares about fps? If you are able to view all the details distinctly without any lagging and glitches than you should just concentrate on winning. I played batman with 10-20 fps.
I don't worry about fps too much. In fact I have played (and completed) GTA IV with merely 22fps. Frame rates don't bother me unless they are really struggling to the point that it starts dragging the game and I can feel the difference. In this game, I can really experience that. It's very odd to see a racing game getting such sh*tty frames on my system. The graphic details is really good, no doubt about that, but even GriD looks stunning and that plays 10x better than this game with everything on high.

Bottom line: My experience for playing this game is hampered by poor performance and hence I can't help but mention it.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Damn. Sorry mate, but you can always get it for your X360!

Anyways, update on SHIFT. I have unlocked till Tier 5 but am still playing Tier 2 :D. Finished all Tier 1 events long back and was finishing all Tier 2 events today. Completed all the series till the Japanese Series. Now that and European series is left. Also completed all the Invi. events I had got (I am at Level 17, Precision :D). My main Tier 2 car is the Shelby GT500 and is at the rating 10.68, cool eh ? I also bought a Pagani Zonda R, a Corvette Z06 (at 15.26 rating :D), a tier 3 Dodge Viper (rating - 15.68 :D) and a Lancer Evo for the Japanese series (Rating - 9.00 and still upgrading).

Pretty good eh ? Oh, I also have a Lamborghini Murciilago (spelling error, I know) and a Chevrolet Cobalt SS but I never use them. Cobalt SS is a tier 1 car (at 6.88 rating) and Laborghini was bought because one of my friend wanted to see it in virtual action! Now they are just sitting idle in my garage but I am afraid I will have to sell one these coz I dont have any more space and I need some cars for the different regional series.

quan chi

mortal kombat
happy and prosperous diwali to everyone here.try not to burst loud crackers instead spend some time in gaming.:D

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
This is nothing about game addiction.. watch HHH and Shawn promoting SDVR 2009.(Entertainment guaranteed).

[youtube]-UiJxiT0lig[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom