Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Got NFS Shift yesterday.. and it's working great on my ATi Card besides reported problems.
Graphics are really awesome!! and yeah, the only downside is long loading times.

Also got Majesty 2, there aren't any major changes from last version; only graphics improvements but it's fun to play,... :)

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
@ Nvidiageek - what do you mean by optimized for nvidia cards? are you rethinking your disp pic? :p
and my net peed is 2mbps - bsnl 500c plan. - direct dl speed 100 -270 kbps , torrent speeds - 200 kbps (max reached - 227 kbps) ! net connec totally optimized!

and i think District 9 already released in a few places in india!
and udde you gotta play batman - tis amazing everything in the game is awesome except for no blood and gargoyles are too conveniently placed !

and i r installing NFS - shift now! currently dling - RF-G! will finish tomo! YEA baby! :)

P.S- RE5 rocks! awesome action game! in capter 3-2 i think :) (playin normal mode cause easy mode is just too easy!) :)

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^I mean, most of the games run good on NVIDIA cards.
Darn! 100-270 Kbps? I'm cryin'. My net speed is 35-40 Kbps! Hell!
I haven't even finished SHIFT. I'll just buy a *what did I say?* copy of RF: G :D. Anyone givin' me company in downloadin' speeds? :))

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^hmm. any overclocked H/W in your system.

Shift looks like GRID because both follow the same road. Sim like racing that is not too sim. Remember, GRID looked like Sim racing but it was designed to pull arcade lovers by reducing the difficulty of car handling. I played GRID and I played GTR and Race 2007 and these two are lot lot more difficult.

In difficulty, I felt that Shift sits between GRID and GTR.

The first two stages of Shift are like getting used to controls and car handling. But once you get access to Works cards and cars like Veyron, you will get to know how thrilling races will be. AI is very good in this and you make one mistake and you will end up in last place.
coming to physX, I can't check that as I have ATI.

quan chi

mortal kombat
lol shift crashed two times in my system.

btw tested it a bit.guys shift i think is a bit upgraded version of grid.no wonder its better than previous nfs series.

you can really feel the speed when your car is fast.like they showed in the video.your head moves back and forth according to the car movements etc etc...

about the various issues.i think shift uses physx extensively because the developers has added so much effects to make it look realistic.

^^hmm. any overclocked H/W in your system.

Shift looks like GRID because both follow the same road. Sim like racing that is not too sim. Remember, GRID looked like Sim racing but it was designed to pull arcade lovers by reducing the difficulty of car handling. I played GRID and I played GTR and Race 2007 and these two are lot lot more difficult.

In difficulty, I felt that Shift sits between GRID and GTR.

The first two stages of Shift are like getting used to controls and car handling. But once you get access to Works cards and cars like Veyron, you will get to know how thrilling races will be. AI is very good in this and you make one mistake and you will end up in last place.
coming to physX, I can't check that as I have ATI.

well yes my proccy is.:D

yes its difficulty level is also a bit higher than grid.cars are a bit difficult to control.
i am not into racing much but have completed nfs from u2 to carbon.even colin mcrae3.
i have just started the demo.so dont know much about the full version.

about physx.then your processor might be handling that.
this game wont run without using that.

cyborg47

Technomancer
the braking and steering assists are freezed when i set the difficulty mode to casual, is there any way to unlock them?????...its really frustating when the car automatically applies brakes at the corners..c'mon im not a kid!:-x

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
the braking and steering assists are freezed when i set the difficulty mode to casual, is there any way to unlock them?????...its really frustating when the car automatically applies brakes at the corners..c'mon im not a kid!:-x

go to in-game menu (Esc or |> key ), select Options, Controls, turn off Brake assist and steering assist.

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^dude, i wanna turn off ONLY the braking assists in CASUAL mode...but whenever i set it to casual, both braking and steering assists are freezed to HIGH..

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
How's GTR Evolution? Installed GTA IV with some mods & now it's awesome! The Best Sandbox-style game! I've forgotten so many missions. I forgot Uncle Vlad was even there :D. Awesome cut-scenes. That game & BiA: HH are literally movies, with controllable "actors" :)). Awesome! News 'bout GTA V?

Red Faction: Guerrilla(PC) Awesome game! Demolishing building on terraformed Mars....ubercool!
Also playing NFS: Shift. Till now it hasn't pleased me a single bit.
Batman: Arkham Asylum and Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
you are a boy who is obsessed with sequels. I mean you keep chanting about Crysis 2 instead of beating crysis in hardest difficulty and finding all other extras and another way of completing missions,etc. :wink:

And now.. you are waiting for GTA V? I bet you will take more than 5 months to complete GTA IV. To complete all the side missions to meet all the road side friends and unique jumps, Brucie's car races, little Jacob's packet deliver mission, Stevie's SMS cars, flying pigeons, hidden ammo, health,weapons, dating all the chicks, 20 vigilance missions. Beat all these and then wait for GTA V :grin:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Yeah, maybe. But for me completin' a game is just completin' it's story. The real meanin' of the word "repetitive", for me, in games, is all that you've written. Anyway, thank you for makin' me play GTA IV right now :D.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Hey guys, I started Shift for the second time today after installation but it's stuck at the 'Loading Profile Elements' screen... is it supposed to take time or is there any problem with the game ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hey guys, I started Shift for the second time today after installation but it's stuck at the 'Loading Profile Elements' screen... is it supposed to take time or is there any problem with the game ?
Something seems wrong. Mine loads instantly. Wait for sometime and see if it loads the profile settings and allows you to create a new one. Else uninstall and re-install the game...wait on second thought, just uninstall the game, which is what I have done.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^There is nothing to love in the NFS franchise except Most Wanted and Underground 2. I want to play Shift just to pass some time and nothing more... I will go with ethan and just uninstall the game.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^There is nothing to love in the NFS franchise except Most Wanted and Underground 2. I want to play Shift just to pass some time and nothing more... I will go with ethan and just uninstall the game.
Actually I was just joking (forgot to put the smiley). Don't let my comment affect your gaming experience. Try the game out and form your own opinion. I had a rather unpleasant experience with the game and nothing really interested me much in it. The performance factor really killed the game for me. It doesn't scale for some reason. Not only me, but a lot of people are facing this issues. I can attest for that. Also I got a call from my friend who played demo on his HD4870 and also on his 9800GT based rig, sadly both places he got screwed with 22-28fps. So I'm not sure what's the issue, but I would rather not waste more time on it. It didn't look anything ground breaking, so no reason for me to stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom