game crashes - AMD HD 6850

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
They are stiill good...Only the extreme series was bad...It's Bad to say that their whole line up is bad because of some products...Though it's not the best in the market...you can go for a CM PSU only if it's listed at least 80% Bronze and if it's the real power series(I guess!)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
their PSU should only be considered if you run out of options & not want to risk your system getting a local PSU. but yes, their Gold series PSU are really good. but in the mainstream section, theres far better & economical options.

OP
A

ankurhotnot

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

1.Download and install this: Phyxion.net | Driver Sweeper 2.8.0 | Driver Sweeper | Driver Sweeper
2.First uninstall all drivers from control panel(ati catalyst install manager->express uninstall all ati software).
3.Reboot in safe mode.
4.Run that tool and select ati and clean everything.
5.Reboot in normal mode.
6.Install this driver set: AMD Catalyst 10.10e Hotfix

This is currently the best drivers for any ati card, also many users in forums(steam) are experiencing various issues with 10.11 and 10.12 drivers(I had my first ever BSOD with 10.12 drivers, when my monitor went to sleep, happened repeatedly, many users are also getting this issue with 10.11), so use 10.10e, this should fix everything. I'm also using 10.10e.

PS: After installing 10.10e you should open CCC and select restore all default from options first.
Also note this driver disables opencl(not opengl), this is mainly used by developers so you should have no issues with game,

If this does not fix it then just get a new PSU(corsair 450VX, or gigabyte superb 550w should do it), your current SMPS looks underpowered but again I've seen worst setups, even if your issue is fixed its recommended to get new psu in future as weak psus can damage your pc.

well i installed 10.10e driver and ran cod:black ops ... the game ran properly till the end of second level at which the game again crashed ...again atimpag.sys was d problem.. then i checked the net and saw many ati user facing problem with cod:Black ops and there game to crashed where mine is crashing... can you try this game in your system?

OP
A

ankurhotnot

Broken In
cod:black ops again crashed at the end of second level . I am using 10.10e drivers. I searched the net and found many ati user's r facing this problem... any ati hd 68xx series user facing this problem?

is FSP SAGA II 500 500W Power Supply a good psu for amd 6850 gpu?

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
cod:black ops again crashed at the end of second level . I am using 10.10e drivers. I searched the net and found many ati user's r facing this problem... any ati hd 68xx series user facing this problem?

I finished black ops in my system, do you have to 4th Patch for black ops?? Then, in game options select Shader warming(or something like that), this increases load times significantly but makes the game run flawlessly.

PS: Any other games that were crashing previously? Try them now, Black Ops is a seriously buggy game, don't make judgments based on it.

Also update DirectX: Microsoft Download Center: Product Family Search Results
{Download the DirectX end use runtime file and start the web installer}

If a lot of ATI users are having problems then that means you are not singled out, oh I forgot to mention that finished Black Ops with the 10.12 Preview Drivers(which started causing BSOD later) and it played really well with the 4th patch.

Anyway I'll play black ops tonight if I get time, and will post the results tomorrow evening, the 2nd level right?? I'll play that. But I did play black ops before on the 10.10(release/whql) drivers and it did not crash, it was just stuttering like a drunk.

Try playing other games, if you want to be sure about smps issue try playing Crysis and Metro 2033, these two games stress gpu maximum unlike COD games(which are light on GPU).

Also don't run any stress applications like furmark, msi afterburner as they can damage your card and your smps.

FSP saga is not good enough, try getting the Gigabyte 600w, best bet is with corsair, vx450 will give you peace of mind. Try saving up and getting that, a good smps goes a long way.

Last edited:

Fallout90

Right off the assembly line
I seem to be fine on certain games Battlefield, Total war, Dawn of war etc. but my drivers will crash a lot on games like Mass effect 2, Pirates of the burning sea and the only thing ive noticed is that both of those games use Nvidea physx

tkin

Back to school!!
I seem to be fine on certain games Battlefield, Total war, Dawn of war etc. but my drivers will crash a lot on games like Mass effect 2, Pirates of the burning sea and the only thing ive noticed is that both of those games use Nvidea physx
Then update the physx drivers, also pirates of the burning seas?? That's not a very demanding game.

OP
A

ankurhotnot

Broken In
I finished black ops in my system, do you have to 4th Patch for black ops?? Then, in game options select Shader warming(or something like that), this increases load times significantly but makes the game run flawlessly.

PS: Any other games that were crashing previously? Try them now, Black Ops is a seriously buggy game, don't make judgments based on it.

Also update DirectX: Microsoft Download Center: Product Family Search Results
{Download the DirectX end use runtime file and start the web installer}

If a lot of ATI users are having problems then that means you are singled out, oh I forgot to mention that finished Black Ops with the 10.12 Preview Drivers(which started causing BSOD later) and it played really well with the 4th patch.

Anyway I'll play black ops tonight if I get time, and will post the results tomorrow evening, the 2nd level right?? I'll play that. But I did play black ops before on the 10.10(release/whql) drivers and it did not crash, it was just stuttering like a drunk.

Try playing other games, if you want to be sure about smps issue try playing Crysis and Metro 2033, these two games stress gpu maximum unlike COD games(which are light on GPU).

Also don't run any stress applications like furmark, msi afterburner as they can damage your card and your smps.

FSP saga is not good enough, try getting the Gigabyte 600w, best bet is with corsair, vx450 will give you peace of mind. Try saving up and getting that, a good smps goes a long way.

wel i played crysis at maximum setting and it nvr crashed.......
metro 2033 ran cool no crashes........
and when i lowered the texture setting from extra to high in COD ...the game ran flawlessly........

yeh i wil save up for corsair vx450..........

Last edited:

Fallout90

Right off the assembly line
Then update the physx drivers, also pirates of the burning seas?? That's not a very demanding game.

yeah i tried upgrading physx and it doesnt seem to have fixed it and yeah Pirates of the burning sea is nothing compared to games like Battlefield and Crysis (which my system has no problem running on high) which is why this problem really confuses me :| sometimes i can play the games with no problem and other times my drivers crash, makes no sense at all

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Sometimes a reinstall of the game works...It was the other way around for me...I had installed Fallout New Vegas earlier and despite what everybody else had got mine never encountered crash or any prob...But then i reinstalled windows and the game and it crashes at some point or the other...
So try reinstalling...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Run memtest to check rams. If they pass memtest, rams are okay. Then run a hdd utility from seagate or wd to check bad sectors. Post your experience here.

Your 6850 might be faulty as well but check the above things first.

OP
A

ankurhotnot

Broken In
wel i played metro 2033 on my pc using 8600 gt graphic card ..no problem bt the game dont work with ati 6850.

and i recently brought crysis 2.... as soon as i started the game after the developer logo the game hanged each and every time... crysis2 benchmark dosent work stating OpenAutomatePlugin.dll failed to load.... then i tried with 8600 gt and it worked.... then i applied no intro patch and game worked even on 6850.......

m realy geting sick of this .... plz tel whether my 6850 might be faulty or ati drivers seems not to be working.......( now i am not getting bsod after using vx 450 but the games like metro 2033 , cod:Black ops stil hang or crash stating ati drivers stopped working even though i am using latest drivers..)

the pc secification are - core i-5, 2gb ddr -3 ram , 6850 gpu , corsait vx 450 , 320 gb hdd...

Top Bottom