game crashes - AMD HD 6850

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Would rather not use the dump symbol package. Might be out dated. Better to pick it dynamically when the .dmp is being analyzed on the WinDebug upfront.

Tkin sir, if you use this dump extract then let me know what you get, since you too can analyze the output. Else just PM me the results [copy paste the !analyze output in notepad for all the analysis and delimit using long astreix] can go over them and we can post the analysis for the problematic user.

Thanks.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
^^
Would rather not use the dump symbol package. Might be out dated. Better to pick it dynamically when the .dmp is being analyzed on the WinDebug upfront.

Tkin sir, if you use this dump extract then let me know what you get, since you too can analyze the output. Else just PM me the results [copy paste the !analyze output in notepad for all the analysis and delimit using long astreix] can go over them and we can post the analysis for the problematic user.

Thanks.
I cannot analyze the dumps, I don't have much experience with debuggers, I'm self taught, anyway my debugger halts, This is the report:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\tkin\Desktop\bsod\New folder (2)\122310-33431-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82c0a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82d52810
Debug session time: Thu Dec 23 13:02:35.775 2010 (UTC + 5:30)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:07:04.211
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
2: kd> !locks
**** DUMP OF ALL RESOURCE OBJECTS ****
82d44698: Unable to get value of ExpSystemResourcesList
2: kd> vertarget
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82c0a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82d52810
Debug session time: Thu Dec 23 13:02:35.775 2010 (UTC + 5:30)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:07:04.211
2: kd> !lmi nt
Loaded Module Info: [nt]
Module: ntkrpamp
Base Address: 82c0a000
Image Name: ntkrpamp.exe
Machine Type: 332 (I386)
Time Stamp: 4c1c3fac Sat Jun 19 09:25:24 2010
Size: 410000
CheckSum: 3cbbe7
Characteristics: 122 perf
Debug Data Dirs: Type Size VA Pointer
CODEVIEW 25, 11c8ec, 11c0ec RSDS - GUID: {BF17F0A9-67FD-4E7B-BA4E-B341B6C87CCB}
CLSID 4, 11c8e8, 11c0e8 [Data not mapped]
Image Type: FILE - Image read successfully from debugger.
ntkrpamp.exe
Symbol Type: PDB - Symbols loaded successfully from symbol server.
c:\symbols\ntkrpamp.pdb\BF17F0A967FD4E7BBA4EB341B6C87CCB2\ntkrpamp.pdb
Load Report: public symbols , not source indexed
c:\symbols\ntkrpamp.pdb\BF17F0A967FD4E7BBA4EB341B6C87CCB2\ntkrpamp.pdb

Using !sym noisy gets me this:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\tkin\Desktop\bsod\New folder (2)\122210-28563-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Mini Kernel Dump does not have thread information
DBGHELP: Symbol Search Path: srv*c:\symbols*Symbol information
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
DBGHELP: SharedUserData - virtual symbol module
SYMSRV: c:\symbols\Unknown_Module_15aecad4\00000000c3aecb03\Unknown_Module_15aecad4 not found
SYMSRV: Symbol information not found
DBGHELP: C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\Unknown_Module_15aecad4 - file not found
SYMSRV: c:\symbols\Unknown_Module_15aecad4\00000000c3aecb03\Unknown_Module_15aecad4 not found
DBGENG: Unknown_Module_15aecad4 - Image mapping disallowed by non-local path.
Unable to load image Unknown_Module_15aecad4, Win32 error 0n2
DBGENG: Unknown_Module_15aecad4 - Partial symbol image load missing image info
DBGHELP: No header for Unknown_Module_15aecad4. Searching for dbg file
DBGHELP: .\Unknown_Module_15aecad4.dbg - file not found
DBGHELP: Unknown_Module_15aecad4 missing debug info. Searching for pdb anyway
DBGHELP: Can't use symbol server for Unknown_Module_15aecad4.pdb - no header information available
DBGHELP: Unknown_Module_15aecad4.pdb - file not found
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_15aecad4
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_15aecad4
DBGHELP: Unknown_Module_15aecad4 - no symbols loaded
Debugger can not determine kernel base address
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82c3b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82d83810
Debug session time: Wed Dec 22 15:02:00.192 2010 (UTC + 5:30)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:24.644
DBGHELP: C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\Unknown_Module_15aecad4 - file not found
DBGENG: Unknown_Module_15aecad4 - Image mapping disallowed by non-local path.
Unable to load image Unknown_Module_15aecad4, Win32 error 0n2
DBGENG: Unknown_Module_15aecad4 - Partial symbol image load missing image info
DBGHELP: No header for Unknown_Module_15aecad4. Searching for dbg file
DBGHELP: .\Unknown_Module_15aecad4.dbg - file not found
DBGHELP: Unknown_Module_15aecad4 missing debug info. Searching for pdb anyway
DBGHELP: Can't use symbol server for Unknown_Module_15aecad4.pdb - no header information available
DBGHELP: Unknown_Module_15aecad4.pdb - file not found
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_15aecad4
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_15aecad4
DBGHELP: Unknown_Module_15aecad4 - no symbols loaded
Debugger can not determine kernel base address
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
i guess using the latest catalyst 10.12 drivers for the 6850 is not an issue as i am myself using them on my asus eah 6850. the drivers that came with the card were really awful

you can do this-

asacpi.sys 2005 version A huge cause of bsods

The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- download_item_mkt
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit"
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005)

i am not an expert but no harm in trying this as this resolved my BSODs

tkin

Back to school!!
i guess using the latest catalyst 10.12 drivers for the 6850 is not an issue as i am myself using them on my asus eah 6850. the drivers that came with the card were really awful

you can do this-

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit"
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005)

Well, my system never crashed due to asacpi.sys, that's because I don't use any of those ASUS softwares(not a single one), so no crash, never a BSOD, just got 2 because of 10.12 drivers.

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
^^
well he may be having asacpi.sys on his system, whats the harm in checking

i am playing games like MoH, CoD BO, BF BC2 and NFS HP on my system with 10.12 with no issues what so ever, maybe 58xx series have problems with 10.12, who knows

i shared my exp. with my 6850 thats all ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
^^
well he may be having asacpi.sys on his system, whats the harm in checking

i am playing games like MoH, CoD BO, BF BC2 and NFS HP on my system with 10.12 with no issues what so ever, maybe 58xx series have problems with 10.12, who knows

i shared my exp. with my 6850 thats all ;)
Opinions are always welcome.
Your link is not working, so here's the proper links to the ASACPI drivers:
32Bit: ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Acpi.zip
64Bit: ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Acpi64.zip

Just if this(asacpi.dll) does not work out:
His BSOD log directs to ati driver files, not asacpi.sys, also note that file is only used by ASUS utilities, ms has its own ACPI.sys driver file and uses it during sleep/hibernate/t states, but ASUS EPU tool/configure tool etc uses that file.

Also check this: catalyst 10.12 bsod - Google Search

And this: catalyst 10.11 bsod - Google Search

Lots of people are having issues with 10.12, and 10.11-12, this is not totally related to gaming but mostly related to dwm.exe failing when monitor goes to sleep(happened to me twice, same issue, same dump files), updating the amd drivers takes minutes, his problem(worst case) may be due to faulty gpu as my first HD5850 was, or at best driver bug, SMPS also looks like a culprit(if not now, then soon to be)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Looked at the dumps using "Blue Screen View". They are all pointing to the ATI driver faulting.

OP, should clean out using Drive Sweeper PRO, and install 10.5a. Quite stable.

Last edited:
OP
A

ankurhotnot

Broken In
wel.........its quite odd that my most games nvr crashes bt few of dem does causing bsod smtimes....... i played crysis at max detail gpu load 100% temp 54 celius...... i ran 3d mark vantage ...no bsod...... gta 4 full gpu load for 4 hours no bsod......... i think its driver issue right? if psu could be d culprit then d system mst hav restarted for all games right?

you can do this-

Download and install it.

mine is of Sapphire company no asus hardware

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Looked at the dumps using "Blue Screen View". They are all pointing to the ATI driver faulting.

OP, should clean out using Drive Sweeper PRO, and install 10.5a. Quite stable.
10.9e is the best right now and supports HD6850, 10.5a has no support for HD6850.

wel.........its quite odd that my most games nvr crashes bt few of dem does causing bsod smtimes....... i played crysis at max detail gpu load 100% temp 54 celius...... i ran 3d mark vantage ...no bsod...... gta 4 full gpu load for 4 hours no bsod......... i think its driver issue right? if psu could be d culprit then d system mst hav restarted for all games right?

mine is of Sapphire company no asus hardware
He is referring to the motherboards, asus motherboards uses this device to engage special energy saving features, you just update the graphics drivers like I said.

Last edited:

Fallout90

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I found this thread on google :p having exacly the same problem so i dont think its hijaking the thread too much.

Basicly my display drivers would sometimes crash, and now they do it a lot, sometimes i can play games and sometimes they will just constantly crash and cause the game to crash aswell.

The rest of my system is

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 250
Mainboard: ASUS m4n68T
Memory: Kingston HyperX 4GB
Soundcard:
PSU: Akasa 550W Dual 12V Rail

Ive tried the solution tkin posted earlier in the thread and i think ive uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers atleast 3 times now lol.

Last edited:
OP
A

ankurhotnot

Broken In
@Fallout90 amd really gonna loose its customers for sure..........

@tkin my net was down ...will download the drivers today..... n then try out your suggestion

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi, I found this thread on google :p having exacly the same problem so i dont think its hijaking the thread too much.

Basicly my display drivers would sometimes crash, and now they do it a lot, sometimes i can play games and sometimes they will just constantly crash and cause the game to crash aswell.

The rest of my system is

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 250
Mainboard: ASUS m4n68T
Memory: Kingston HyperX 4GB
Soundcard:
PSU: Akasa 550W Dual 12V Rail

Ive tried the solution tkin posted earlier in the thread and i think ive uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers atleast 3 times now lol.
And you have a graphics card?? Amd?? and its either hd5xxx or hd6xxx series??

OP
A

ankurhotnot

Broken In
Agent 001 alwayz recommend Corsair Vx450 for system having upper mid range gpu...... Its a 450 watt PSU. N its recommended for gpu whoes requirement are abv 550 or 600 watt. .... its nt dat powerful n den also recommended? :mrgreen:

tkin

Back to school!!
Agent 001 alwayz recommend Corsair Vx450 for system having upper mid range gpu...... Its a 450 watt PSU. N its recommended for gpu whoes requirement are abv 550 or 600 watt. .... its nt dat powerful n den also recommended? :mrgreen:
The smps requirements for gpus that are given are a lot more than it actually requires, what you need to see is the current(amp) supplied by smps on 12v rail matches or exceeds that of the requirements of GPU, also make sure smps have good build quality like corsair and unlike local smps or cooler master extreme series, just use this tool:
Antec Power Supply Calculator

Here, i7980x, GTX480SLI, 4hdds and almost everything maxed with water cooling kit draws 1135w, so you can see how overrated smps requirements are.

OP
A

ankurhotnot

Broken In
my smps ie cool master 400 elite has +12v1 rail 16 Amp and +12 V2 rail 16 amp..........

is dis not enough?

n cool master PSU's are not good?:neutral:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
its nt dat powerful n den also recommended? :mrgreen:
Actually Corsair VX450 IS that powerful. A quality PSU from a good company. They could have easily labeled it a 500+ w PSU. And it is 80+ efficient too.

Most of Cooler Master PSUs are as bad as local 750w PSUs which we get for Rs.600.

Top Bottom