Galaxy win issues!

sandyss

Broken In
I bought a new galaxy grand quattro(win).
But when i copied some videos which are 1080p or 720p the phone :-x!!!
What is going on here?How can i solve the problem?
PLEASE HELP?

pratyush997

Inactive
PLEASE HELP?
Did you tried MX player?
Whenever you have time, do check the specs of device ;)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
when a member is asking for help, try helping else simply don't post and ignore the thread. from now on i'll simply infract any one found trolling instead of cleaning threads. no warning or PM.

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In
when a member is asking for help, try helping else simply don't post and ignore the thread. from now on i'll simply infract any one found trolling instead of cleaning threads. no warning or PM.
Please let me know wether the galaxy win i just bought is faster (multitask-gaming etc) than the lg l9...PLEASE TELL ME

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Please let me know wether the galaxy win i just bought is faster (multitask-gaming etc) than the lg l9...PLEASE TELL ME

no. Win is a really poor mobile when it comes to performance. even Grand is way better than Win (for 1k more). any mobile that have Cortex A5 processor (S Duos, L7 II, Desire X, etc) can't play HD games. If possible return it and get yourself L9.

Grand Quattro has A5 Cortex Processor & I don't think A5 supports 720p or 1080p video playback.

with MX player it should be able to play 720p video. 1080p is out of question anyway.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Bad decision buddy... You should ask on this forum before you make a big purchasing decision... Some people here can be very helpful in these matters.

Samsung is out to fool Indian public. Calls its phones like Quattro a Quad-core phone... But normal people don't understand processor technology. No one knows the difference between an Cortex A5 processor vs a Cortex A9 processor... Even a Quad-core A5 is slower than a dual core A9.

Adding insult to injury, the A5 processor comes with Adreno 203 graphics. These are weak... You could play a few simple games... but nothing heavy at all...

Even a 2012 Pantech Burst which I bought for Rs 8235 comes with a dual core Snapdragon A9 processor and Adreno 220 graphics, which are way ahead of Samsung Win...

Shame on Samsung... Really, they could easily provide decent procesors. Even Tegra 3 processors wholesale at less than $15. But Samsung is cheap. They will save pennies here and there, and fool their buyers with ads to sell their crappy phones...

pratyush997

Inactive
Bad decision buddy... You should ask on this forum before you make a big purchasing decision... Some people here can be very helpful in these matters.

Samsung is out to fool Indian public. Calls its phones like Quattro a Quad-core phone... But normal people don't understand processor technology. No one knows the difference between an Cortex A5 processor vs a Cortex A9 processor... Even a Quad-core A5 is slower than a dual core A9.

Adding insult to injury, the A5 processor comes with Adreno 203 graphics. These are weak... You could play a few simple games... but nothing heavy at all...

Even a 2012 Pantech Burst which I bought for Rs 8235 comes with a dual core Snapdragon A9 S3 Scorpion processor and Adreno 220 graphics, which are way ahead of Samsung Win...

Shame on Samsung... Really, they could easily provide decent procesors. Even Tegra 3 processors wholesale at less than $15. But Samsung is cheap. They will save pennies here and there, and fool their buyers with ads to sell their crappy phones...
A bit correction :D

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
PLEASE HELP?

Well try MX player,VLC.
On the other hand you should have posted here before buying the phone,we had discussed that this phone is highly underpowered and L9 and xperia L is much better

It's not late, sell your mobile for 16k and get L9 from infibeam or that same shop

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In

Even a 2012 Pantech Burst which I bought for Rs 8235 comes with a dual core Snapdragon A9 processor and Adreno 220 graphics, which are way ahead of Samsung Win...

I should have read the stupid specs first..But i already knew A5 is slower than A90r A8..
BUT STILL i saw galaxy win for the first time during my purchase when i was about to buy l9 but my dad told lg aint trustable and since the dealer
pulled out a budget QUAD CORE SAMSUNG phone for the same price i was instantly fooled and fixed on WIN!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

How can i sell a bought phone?Will a person buy it?AND is A9 cortex a 200% faster than my A5 quad core??(pls dont say yes):cry:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
How can i sell a bought phone?Will a person buy it?AND is A9 cortex a 200% faster than my A5 quad core??(pls dont say yes):cry:

you can return it to the shop and exchange it for L9. Though most retailers won't accept electronics once sold and even if they do, you'll be forced to pay a small fee (around 1k) if both mobile have same price.

And expressing performance in % is not possible but generally it should easily be twice as fast. A5 quad is not that poor, the GPU being used (adreno 203. Qualcomm dual/quad A5 has this GPU) is one of the slowest GPU in the mobile market.

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In
you can return it to the shop and exchange it for L9. Though most retailers won't accept electronics once sold and even if they do, you'll be forced to pay a small fee (around 1k) if both mobile have same price.

And expressing performance in % is not possible but generally it should easily be twice as fast. A5 quad is not that poor, the GPU being used (adreno 203. Qualcomm dual/quad A5 has this GPU) is one of the slowest GPU in the mobile market.
You may be right but the shop i bought from is just not accepting to change the phone or give money back!!!
I asked for l9 but they said that they cannot take back it!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The logic of Quad core > Dual core
doesn't always work buddy :|

waiting for Quattro's ads. wonder what they'll show this time. cheapest quad which can play any game (limited to Temple Run 2) and record HD videos (at 15FPS) and can multitask with ease (while the processor gets choked to death). Shame on Samsung to release these kind of mobiles. They could have went for Mediatek and release one based on MT6589, it'll give even L9 a run for its money.

You may be right but the shop i bought from is just not accepting to change the phone or give money back!!!
I asked for l9 but they said that they cannot take back it!

check if you can sell it off to one of your friends but remember this is cheating. you know the mobile is underpowered for the price. so try for someone who don't know you directly. as market price is 17-18k, you should get 16k out of it which is the price of L9 on most of the shopping sites.

OP
sandyss

sandyss

Broken In
waiting for Quattro's ads. wonder what they'll show this time. cheapest quad which can play any game (limited to Temple Run 2) and record HD videos (at 15FPS) and can multitask with ease (while the processor gets choked to death). Shame on Samsung to release these kind of mobiles. They could have went for Mediatek and release one based on MT6589, it'll give even L9 a run for its money.

check if you can sell it off to one of your friends but remember this is cheating. you know the mobile is underpowered for the price. so try for someone who don't know you directly. as market price is 17-18k, you should get 16k out of it which is the price of L9 on most of the shopping sites.

I wasted my money simply..thats all.
and i dont know how to sell this...is there any to overclock or boost its damn processor?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I wasted my money simply..thats all.
and i dont know how to sell this...is there any to overclock or boost its damn processor?

can't overclock unless you root and flash a custom kernel which AFAIK doesn't exist for Win. This is a new device. And overclocking a mobile won't improve performance because of limited headroom. If you are not a power user, just keep using it. MX player should run 720p video or try FormatFactory to reduce the fps to around 15-20. and most non-HD games will run.

Put it on OLX, EBAY for sell

with ebay he'll have to sell out 2-4k from his own pocket. OLX is way better.

Top Bottom