Galaxy S4.....BLACK mist or WHITE frost!!

Which Galaxy s4 colour is better?

• Total voters

dude1

Journeyman
Guyz, as you all know galaxy s4 is coming to india this week..... Love it or hate it, you cant deny its the most popular phone now..... As it comes in 2 colours namely, Black mist and White frost(yeah samsung has done away with the wicked pebble blue:-D) Was just wondering which colour wud be the obvious choice...!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Budget is around 35k but can be stretched if S4 comes around 40k

Galaxy S4 is very powerful and efficient, octa-core processor, 2 GB RAM, 13 MP camera, 1080p screen... Overall better than an already amazing Note 2. Both phones are very good, but S4 is faster and newer...

Also keep an eye on HTC One... it is a good package...

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Take a look at LG Optimus G also. Pretty powerful for a 30k phone, no A9 ****.
Same chipset as Xperia Z, lower res screen (WXGA) - will last longer in terms of gaming and gpu caability.
With Jelly beans, smooth and fast now.

Only possible glitch can be LG's pathetic update history.

I would advise not to jump into S4 bandwagon immediately. Wait to see the CPU switching implementation in octa version of S4. It is tricky and Samsung has not done too good job with s/w earlier.

<Just my opinion>

OP
dude1

dude1

Journeyman
Yeah i am gonna buy one....but i've already chosen black mist. Just want to know what others think...

Budget is around 35k but can be stretched if S4 comes around 40k
Well you can wait for s4 or take the htc one. one is absolute beauty but imo 4.7 inch is absolutely useless at full hd resolution.. also depends if you are a power user or just wanna have a phone as a style statement(Hint poweruser=S4,Style=One:)) Also india is one of the few countries getting the octocore version. No more fun than to brag to your friends that ur fone has 8 cores, though onlt 4 are functional at any time... :D

Pancul

Broken In
Hmm...thanks for all the replies....but is buying an HTC in India is a wise decision? I mean I have heard many bad things about HTC like their customer service, software updates and above all build quality of HTC's handsets.

It seems like HTC is alien and Samsung is an Indian company....

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Hmm...thanks for all the replies....but is buying an HTC in India is a wise decision? I mean I have heard many bad things about HTC like their customer service, software updates and above all build quality of HTC's handsets.

It seems like HTC is alien and Samsung is an Indian company....

Are you sure with the build quality thing?? HTC has the best sturdy build in droids unlike the plasticky (though durable) Samsung build.

BTW, I own a note 2 and an S3. so i am not an HTC fanboy clearly :)

Pancul

Broken In
Are you sure with the build quality thing?? HTC has the best sturdy build in droids unlike the plasticky (though durable) Samsung build.

BTW, I own a note 2 and an S3. so i am not an HTC fanboy clearly :)

I am not sure but I have heard and read on various forums about the build quality issues in HTC's phones. Though, as you are a Note 2 owner, I would like to ask do you suggest Note 2 above S4, Xperia Z and HTC One.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I am not sure but I have heard and read on various forums about the build quality issues in HTC's phones. Though, as you are a Note 2 owner, I would like to ask do you suggest Note 2 above S4, Xperia Z and HTC One.
Obviously i wont suggest to go with Note 2 specially coz S4 comes with a similarly (though a tad small) sized screen and a better processor with some more features (software gimmic from Samsung) as an added advantage.

But if on a tighter budget of 30 - 34K ish Note 2 is a great deal.

OP
dude1

dude1

Journeyman
Obviously i wont suggest to go with Note 2 specially coz S4 comes with a similarly (though a tad small) sized screen and a better processor with some more features (software gimmic from Samsung) as an added advantage.

But if on a tighter budget of 30 - 34K ish Note 2 is a great deal.

dude i disagree....at that budget streching to 35k and getting xperia z wud be much better(street price)(owning latest flagship has the benifit of getting os updates for a longer time).....and though the screen of s4 is a tad smaller,overall phone is much compact....and what reviews are indicating are that its got a phenomenal screen....

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
dude i disagree....at that budget streching to 35k and getting xperia z wud be much better(street price)(owning latest flagship has the benifit of getting os updates for a longer time).....and though the screen of s4 is a tad smaller,overall phone is much compact....and what reviews are indicating are that its got a phenomenal screen....

The question posed was S4 vs Note 2 and so the suggestion..

And I never said Note 2 is the only good phone is the range.. nor did i say its the best deal :) Hope I am clear.

Top Bottom