galaxy s3 or note or htc one x

alltheworld

Right off the assembly line
well thats it... the thread title... whats your opinion please?

the galaxy note or s3 or the htc one x... but i think the one x has no expandable memory.. thats not so good

any ideas when is the s 3 coming to india

Empirial

Youngling
Well SGS 3 is powerfull but doesn't look like a Premium Flagship device to me. I'd still recommend HTC One X

aroraanant

Explorer
Hopefully it will come in India in Mid June as 29th May is the date of launch of S3 for international market.
I would suggest you to pick One X, and if you want something which is smaller than a tab and bigger than a phone then Note

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for now HTC One X is terribly overpriced. wait for S3. X will get pricecut when S3 arrives. at 32-24k, X will be the piece to pick.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I started inclining a bit towards SGS3 (over one v) after going through many preview and trial videos. It may not look great but is packed with features.

my suggestion: wait.

clmlbx

Technomancer
wait, many like me will start threads similar to it.. haha:) Even I am waiting but 40K is too much. It is in same league of HTC one X so it should be priced same at 34K around as One x is.. not 40K but may be as it is launch price.. will have to wait weeks even after releasing.

OP
A

alltheworld

specs on the s3 dont seem too bad.. but yeah the design isnt really radical in any way

what about the note please? will the prices go down once the s3 is released?

thanx all!

aroraanant

Explorer
for now HTC One X is terribly overpriced. wait for S3. X will get pricecut when S3 arrives. at 32-24k, X will be the piece to pick.

HTC One X is available for 34k, considering that it has a quad core processor and also at the same time considering the price of other phones like Note and iphones and a lot of other phones I don't think it is overpriced and also we shall not forget the current value of USD

And check out this, it has been posted by a member on a different thread, sharing it here as it might help you guys.
i just replaced my note with ONE X & this phone is definitely better than note but i can say that NOTE has it one charm.
i defiantly miss big 5.3 screen but ONE X is not far behind 4.7 with same size as s2 carrying note was fun but ONE X is more comfortable in case of form factor & size. Camera is way much better than note u don't have to wait to take shots .u can take burst shots at 4fps. and most awesome thing is Tegra 3 quad core . even a beastly NOTE is slow compare to ONE X u can feel lag when u install lots of apps from market in note . but i just transferred all my app in my ONE X & this monster (One X) doesn't blinked at all . sound of ONE X is way better than note as note uses yamaha audio chip where as ONE X uses beats studio tech i am not a fan of beats but it definitely pump the audio but the sound is still below the dedicated audiophile pmp ( cowon j3 or any other) but its still better than most of the phone available in the market for non audiophile is way more than needed. sense 4.0 is much more fun compared to touchwiz 4.0 the 3d transition between pages is cool.battery life of NOTE is better compared to ONE X but not that of day & night u can juice upto 1 to 2 more on note compared to ONE X. but i can bear with that as their are lots of thing which compensate to that .but here are the thing which i miss from my previous phone one of the most fun thing on note is S Pen and i miss this feature a lot .

OP
A

alltheworld

thanks aroraanant for that insight on the htc vs the note!... most helpful ....
only unbiased user who has used both phones can give a feel about the difference...

if the s pen was a part of s3 i guess it would have been the one for me... but the s3 specs are real good ....

checked out the note yesterday at the store..loved it... i did not feel any problem about the size or pocket issue.....

htc one x- non removable battery, no spen , no expandable memory(cant be used as mass storage), micro sim card (good luck finding that in the almost rural place i live)

guys please tell me what should i check for when i buy the note handset... i mean iv heard differences are there between different sets.. is it rumour or true?? what can i do to see i get good handset?

thanks again all!!

sarthak

In the zone
^^^^ There is only one model of Note available in India, just make sure that its working properly. And do get the Sennheiser headphones with it.

clmlbx

Technomancer
@alltheworld

Now all phones are gonna use Micro-sim, I believe that is new standard now. .. Even S3 has Micro-sim

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman
yeah most of the high end coming Q2 of this year uses micro sim slot and that not a problem at all .

if the s pen was a part of s3 i guess it would have been the one for me... but the s3 specs are real good ....

checked out the note yesterday at the store..loved it... i did not feel any problem about the size or pocket issue.....

htc one x- non removable battery, no spen , no expandable memory(cant be used as mass storage), micro sim card (good luck finding that in the almost rural place i live)

guys please tell me what should i check for when i buy the note handset... i mean iv heard differences are there between different sets.. is it rumour or true?? what can i do to see i get good handset?
S3 is a good phone but its not launched and it has a cheap look compared to ONE X as seen on launch.

Why their is need to remove the battery, & the storage on ONE X is 32gb non Expandable but 32 gb is more than enough for most of the user . u can use adapter for connecting micro sim to other handsets.

u don't have to see any thing just ask them to provide u sennheiser bundle pack of NOTE but one think I must remind u at first it will not seem too big but later on u will feel that .because i have used the note and i have issue putting note on my jeans pocket. & will sitting or riding bike it will poke u on the hips.& thats will really get on ur nerves. & don't overload ur phone with apps as it will make ur phone laggy .

clmlbx

Technomancer
Hey I just remembered about sony's Hayabusa.. It is to be announced in june right?.. one should definitely look it..

I am in no hurry, so if s3 is priced ridiculously then I will have to wait few weeks. In that time it will be time to see & compare Hayabusa.

Top Bottom