FS: Geforce 7900GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
I want to sell a GeForce 7900GT. Its new but no warranty.

I just happen to have two 7900GTs but no SLi on my board. Its 256MB and I don't know much about it.

How much? 5k.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Help~Is~Here said:
Dude, I'm interested for 3K.. coz no warranty.
Pelase don't lower the price so much,I don not want to offend,but he has already lowered the price to a nice extent.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@goobimama
u can easily get more than 6k for it.
Which brand is it? And how was u using two of them in a non SLI board?
I suggest u get an SLI board and Frag on with double fps.

Harvik780 said:
Pelase don't lower the price so much,I don not want to offend,but he has already lowered the price to a nice extent.

The price he mentioned is ok when you generally look at it, but you should realize that there is no warranty on it, which means, if by any chance the card stops working, then your investment of 5K+ is not working either. This could be a very large possibility if you try overclocking.

I personally wouldn't pay that price for something that doesnt have any warranty whatsoever, however, certainly it's upto individuals to decide what they would like to do. If you are willing to take the risk of getting something above 5K without warranty, it's ok. But, if you are not, then I think the price is high. No offence please.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Help~Is~Here
Can we claim warranty if the card was burned out while overclocking? Even if it is from local dealer and under warranty period.?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
aravind_n20 said:
@Help~Is~Here
Can we claim warranty if the card was burned out while overclocking? Even if it is from local dealer and under warranty period.?
Look don't tell them anything,they will never know.No one checks weather a card is overclocked or not.I have got replacement once when i overclocked the card,i didn't tell anything.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
aravind_n20 said:
@Help~Is~Here
If you send it for RMA & if it's been diagnosed as damage via overclocking then it will for sure void the warranty.In that case your warranty won't be of any use.This is only if the repair person is totally ignorant.As overclocking damage would indirectly count as physical damage to the product.

shantanu

Technomancer
@mohit ! change your User Title.. !

@help~is~here : i think gobis price is way too low.. and the guy is self saying truth.. dont lower the price like anything.. you know what.. if he would have said 10k then you would be saying 6 k ? isnt it ? he is asking a fair price.. if you cant afford ot dont want the card at that price.. try negotiating but to a level and extent..

i wonder what would happen if gobi would have asked the card for 3.5 k.. then you would be saying that naah give it to me for free ? :D

the card has got a lot of value.. so 5k is the greatest deal anyone can get...

Last edited:
allwyndlima said:
If you send it for RMA & if it's been diagnosed as damage via overclocking then it will for sure void the warranty.In that case your warranty won't be of any use.This is only if the repair person is totally ignorant.As overclocking damage would indirectly count as physical damage to the product.

Are you even willing to go through the hassles of RMA even if it had warranty? In India, RMA is non existent. In the US, yes you might be caught. But as far as Indian Warranty is concerned, if you card stops working (even if you burnt it out while overclocking) just take it back to the dealer you got it from and tell him it's not working and keep your mouth shut and get your replacement card. Let the dealer deal with the RMA issues.

Hope you all understand what I'm talking about;)

Let's not crap this bazaar section more with warranty issues. The point is, if you are willing to take the risk to pay 5K+ for a card that doesn't have warranty, then go for it. But for me, I wouldn't pay more than 3K because it's only once the hardware goes bad that we understand the importance of warranty, because we all take for granted that todays hardware is just not going to fail which is unfortunately not the case.

I don't know about the rest of you but my offer once again because it doesn't have warranty and also considering the fact that I can get a new DX10 suporting cards for 6K wouldn't certainly be more than 3K.

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay here's the deal. I ordered a 7900GT from ebay. It got lost in the mail. Then the guy sent another 7900GT which arrived at my place. Then suddenly, the first one reappears in the mail. I contact the guy from ebay, he says he wants nothing to do with it as he had claimed shipping insurance.

I don't have an SLi board, and don't plan on upgrading just yet. The card therefore is box packed, but will have no warranty cause its from the states. I'm not sure about the brand, but its not an XFX for sure.

I have not yet used the card. I will use it just to see if its working and that's about it.

And @Help-is-here, all good man. You wish to pay 3k, that's fine by the rules. I just don't want to sell it for 3k...

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
All requests are noted. Right now I'm in conversation with the first guy who pm'ed me. It's pointless having dealings, after all, I don't really want more than 5k. If the first guy drops out, I'll give it to the second guy and so on...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Thanks dude I was kinda scared,Actually I am switching to linux full time and I wanted a series 7 card which is supported by linux.And besides my budget is also modest which is I think always the case for a college student.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom