Free Solaris Software DVD Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@all: If you people wanna find out more about Solaris, please have a look at the demo at *www.sun.com/software/solaris/

It is being touted as "The most advanced OS on the planet" (hmm.. something GX and Arya should see :D). Well i went through the demo and im really impressed with all the features mentioned there.. Some of them are "Predictive self healing" and "DTrace", which dynamically traces the execution of all programs. Even their filesystem "ZFS" is impressive.. They say the partition size limit on ZFS is more than the total storage capacity on the entire earth! Now that IS something! I really want to try this out, but currently am just not getting the time.. But i DO recommend all of you who got the DVDs to al least try it out for a few days.. I know it wont replace my current desktop, but i would really like to see some of its innovative technologies in action :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
kalpik and I do recommend you to send me your hard disk to try solaris. Unfortunately I am out of disk space and I have plenty of time.

S

SE><IE

YeeHaw!! I got mine discs yesterday.
So sad my monitor can't handle it. I tried after downloading the same. Guess I need to wait till I get a new monitor.
But for the timebeing, I gonna install it on VMWare today. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom