France's Dassault flies away with $10-b fighter jet deal :D

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
There's no point reconsidering this deal.. Rafale was the best.. Eurofighter Typhoon was already defeated in the mock fight by Sukhoi 30 MKI (see this link).. Regarding US jets, they were already outdated and they had a condition that if India has a confrontation with a NATO member, then India can't use it.. No idea about Saab though.. MiG-35 is in very early stages, that's why it was ruled out..

Regardin F-22, it has been phased out with F-35, so no point getting those & frankly, I don't trust Americans.. I trust Russians more than them :p

OP
prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
check this out..

Will urge India to reconsider Dassault Rafale fighter deal: British Prime Minister David Cameron - The Times of India

heres as to how the brits are whinning abt the deal

Now since Paki is so loyal to the US despite all the intermittent cat fights, they would still buy their inventory from them.

Which means that if the EU produces better jets, then we have a win-win situation :)

Too good to be true though

Of course that is unless they start selling the F-22 raptor (last time I checked it was not for sale to other nations, don't know about now) and of course the most expensive and possibly advanced F-35 (very hideous)

well the pakis are no more US lapdogs after the Abottabad incident they are more inclined to china,even if the US started sellinf F22 raptor which is highly unlikely,it wouldn even sell it to its closest ally Japan we wouldn able to buy it since it costs $300 million a piece and abt F-35 it costs around $160 million a piece,still expensive,highly unlikely we would buy it bcoz
(1)the US alone has ordered 2000 of them
(2)Its parteners UK/AUS/Japan would be inline next so it would be available only after 2020 to say the least
(3)We are Developing a 5th gen jet with Russia(PAKFA)

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/45/Sukhoi_T-50_Maksimov.jpg/300px-Sukhoi_T-50_Maksimov.jpg

May be the navy will consider the naval version of F-35 if and only if it comes with no strings attached:lol:

khmadhu

change is constant!!
instead of purchasing foreign machines. they could have invested in DRDO , which can boost Indian research.

indigenous technology should be improved. like Tejas... also PAKFA is in the lineup.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
instead of purchasing foreign machines. they could have invested in DRDO , which can boost Indian research.

indigenous technology should be improved. like Tejas... also PAKFA is in the lineup.
No.

1) We are getting full Transfer of Technology with Rafale....which we can use to improve our "indigenous technology"...

2) DRDO scientists and babudom.....India sucks in a nutshell.

3) Our LCA project - Tejas...abhi tak complete nahi huya. Kaveri engine? 35 years and still in development. :lol:

4) "Indigenous research" and "India" - everyone should laugh at these two words.

5) France/Dassault have said that they will help us to fit Kaveri in Rafale if we want. :)

This is NOT a mere arms deal. Much more than that.

OP
prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
No.

1) We are getting full Transfer of Technology with Rafale....which we can use to improve our "indigenous technology"...

2) DRDO scientists and babudom.....India sucks in a nutshell.

3) Our LCA project - Tejas...abhi tak complete nahi huya. Kaveri engine? 35 years and still in development. :lol:

4) "Indigenous research" and "India" - everyone should laugh at these two words.

5) France/Dassault have said that they will help us to fit Kaveri in Rafale if we want. :)

This is NOT a mere arms deal. Much more than that.

yes theres more to this deal like ToT being the most important but more investment is needed in the R&D sector

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
DRDO is a white elephant.. The research personnel over there should be shot.. Arjun Tank is crap, was being developed since 1980s but the Army prefers Russian T-90 over it.. HAL Tejas.. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN..

OP
prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
DRDO is a white elephant.. The research personnel over there should be shot.. Arjun Tank is crap, was being developed since 1980s but the Army prefers Russian T-90 over it.. HAL Tejas.. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN..

well all due to mental and financial lethargy i suppose:lol:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
IDK if DRDO is doing its best, but I fully support them. I totally agree, they're ages behind foreign counterparts, but in course of time they can at least match (hoping), given that they get full OVERALL support with changes in root of education system of India. I remember countless times their research proposal being rejected by govt stating "feasibilty" reasons. How come govt can decide feasibilty of a research project without knowing a,b,c,d of science? DRDO just asks in millions, what if they ask billions like in US? Govt will close DRDO and start research by themselves I guess :|

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
There is no research in drdo,isro or hal..these org just import things and eat up govt funds....no research output in last 10 years

Source:I know ppl in these org.

also check this
*corruptionindrdo.com/

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^For god sake don't drag ISRO in this. Its gem of India, something which we must be proud of. Plus I agree there have been discrepancies, but you shouldn't forget that there are bad people everywhere. Certain act of a distinguished person can't wash the image of a reputed organisation. Regarding level of works of DRDO, why don't you compare you own output with those of americans? This is something in which whole India lacks. Just bringing 100 in 10th won't do anything. Ranting is always easy bro, but accepting the truth is very hard. So, support them rather than whining.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Finally, I knew Rafael is going to select because of price, this deal is like buy one get one free.

tkin

Back to school!!
Rafaels will nicely fill in alongside the upcoming PAKFAs and Tejas, with the MiGs and Sukhois onboard India will probably emerge as the dominant leader in airspace in SE Asia, although all it takes to ruin this plan is a couple of chinese spies, bribes and a bunch of corrupt politicians(which we have an abundance of).

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
you are right. thats the reason we rejected EFT. now we have commonality in Miraj 2000 & Rafale.

in the near future we are planning to operate only 3 platforms
1. Russion - PAK FA, SU 30 MKI, Mig 29 & 29K,
2. French - Miraj 2000, Rafale,
3. Indian - LCA, AMCA

What do you think of this..?

777 Howies,C-17s, P-8I,C-130 J - US happy

PAKFA mega deal,Mig-29 Upg, Brahmos hypersonic version, Addl MKIs ,Akula subs - Russia happy.

Barak,ELTA Radars, other Avionics - Israel happy

Additional Scorpene,Mirage upg +P-75I + FREMM - France happy

Eurofighter Typhoon as MRCA- EU Happy..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have cleaned up this thread Don't post off-topic things.

Also don't post stupid things like "why waste money?? indigenous R&D ftw"... Short answer? Indians generally are dumb whether an IIT graduate or a politician. 'Research and Development' and 'India' don't go hand in hand. ISRO is an exception but arms is a different gravy.

Stick to the topic. It's about Rafale and arms.

Sarath

iDota
The deal hasn't been finalised. It has to be accepted and signed.
And the parameters of the deal will be further discussed, bargaining I guess.

So let's wait and watch. I'm guessing within a year it will be signed. In ten years, hopefully, we will have all the jets.

-Newspaper

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
^^The deal will be finalized. Dassault is in bad shape & they need this deal. Their shares jumped around 20% when this news came out. Moreover, it is perfect for IAF.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
The deal will be signed in next year around March or April.

Strategic lift in Rafale tailwind

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
I too support them. Counting the number of brains and funds they actually have, they are doing good. If the Govt. invest in DRDO at present, then also they won't be able to develop better tech. Shortage of brain power.

@gopi_vbboy... I don't know about HAL but there is research in DRDO and extensive research in ISRO. And most research and researchers are kept confidential.

Top Bottom