Forum Improvement Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
10 too less. 50 posts + 10 days of registering fine.

10 is sufficient. spammers just make 2-3 posts. And if they fail in first- second try, they won't try again. On my forum I have just set 5 reply to make new thread, and I get almost zero spam posts.

Random question answer (some new type questions) is much better than captcha for new user registration and works like magic to reduce spammers registration.

Also, there is a Vbulletin plugin which can set rules like this:
If total number of posts is less than X, user cannot start new thread.
If total number of posts is less than Y, user cannot post hyperlink.
If total number of posts is less than Z, user cannot post image.
etc...................

Last edited:
OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Err.. Quick reply not working as it's supposed to.. It refreshes the page when you click post.. Which it should not..

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
It's so nice to see Raabo and FatBeing back HERE after so much time... guess people will now STOP complaining about this.... finally TDForum is rising from ashes... **sob**

Good to know that the mods/admins were paying heed to all that went wrong here and "righted" them :)
Keep the captchas, please, it's all right, if it means less spam(sorry, I mean NO Spam), I'm sure the members will consider that madatory captcha only an chore and not a bane :)

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
Wow I can see less spam now(better to say no spam) :))

Thanks admins! :)

Haha! I want to say less spam too but you're right! There is no spam as far as I can see! :p

The IRC channel is also a nice place to meet up with other Digit members. Hoping to see more people hang out there as well :)

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Haha! I want to say less spam too but you're right! There is no spam as far as I can see! :p

The IRC channel is also a nice place to meet up with other Digit members. Hoping to see more people hang out there as well :)

Yes, I am there already! :razz: Other members should also join...

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Make up your minds, some people want captcha with all posts some don't. When I added it everyone screamed bloody murder... take a poll or something and let me know what to do.

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
only for newbies with less than 10 posts need captcha...it will be a gr8 headache for old members for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom