Form 50 procurement Procedure For Importing/Shipping items into West Bengal

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Almost every country have things like this. There's little you can do about it. ;)

Tech&ME

Banned
Ya! If you go to Arunachal Pradesh yourself, you will be required to have ROAD PERMIT to enter that state?? Wired isn't it ?? :) (as if we are some sort of foreigner in our own country)

But it is TRUE. :-D

nginx

In the zone
Those who wants to smuggle in computer good will never go through official routes. They already have known alternate methods. This FORM 50 is nothing but a hassle for legit consumers and traders.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lets just disband our army, police and judiciary system too. Ultimately, criminals and terrorists will have their way. So what's the need of spending our tax money on them? ;)

Tech&ME

Banned
Items that are sent by transport (courier using transport service for you) requires this Form 50/56

Normal items carried by couriers does not require this Form 50/56.

nginx

In the zone
Lets just disband our army, police and judiciary system too. Ultimately, criminals and terrorists will have their way. So what's the need of spending our tax money on them? ;)

Dude these are computer items, not drugs we are talking about. You are blowing it way outta proportion. Hell, cops can't even stop drug smuggling despite all the laws in the world and here we have the WB government trying to prevent PC components smuggling lol?

nginx

In the zone
That's ridiculous considering one has to slip bucks under the table.

What can I say my friend? Hyprocrisy all around. Its like how the government set up pollution testing centers to curb polluting vehicles and yet you can buy a PUC (Pollution Under Control) certificate without undergoing any test by slipping a few bucks under the table at those centers.

Tech&ME

Banned
What can I say my friend? Hyprocrisy all around. Its like how the government set up pollution testing centers to curb polluting vehicles and yet you can buy a PUC (Pollution Under Control) certificate without undergoing any test by slipping a few bucks under the table at those centers.

Well said man!

Countries like America who is still fighting against DRUGS trafficking and we as a national (India) is just a small part of this Herculean exercise.

CUBA / Mexico has great places for tourist but yet they are plagued with this awful Drugs trafficking business. America couldn't control it as yet.

We in INDIA is still fighting for our ideology on all this subjects without any solution.

State like WB / North-Eastern states / Jammu&Kashmir, has its own problems like terrorism, trafficking of Animal skins, bones and elephant tusk, etc, etc besides all other awful demands of this region. This groups of people are asking for separate BODO LAND / separate STATE/COUNTRY etc , etc. and the problem grows.

All this adds to the misery of common man. And to curb down some of this, Govt.. is bound to make such LAWS. Which we may like of dislike.

This electronic gadgets can be used to make/ trigger bombs / etc and thus the law is in place to check smuggling of this items.

We have no choice but to leave with it because terrorism will never END atleast in this country when we have dirty politicians seating in the Parliament.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
I have ordered a FSP Power Supply from prime abgb

Payment is due. Will do it in a day or two. Is this form 50 thing required for it? :(

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
I sent ITwares the form 50. Reached them on Friday. Sent the money on Friday itself but on Saturday they tell me that the cabinet is out of stock and they'll be getting new stock only on Monday. :(

tkin

Back to school!!
I sent ITwares the form 50. Reached them on Friday. Sent the money on Friday itself but on Saturday they tell me that the cabinet is out of stock and they'll be getting new stock only on Monday. :(
A few days won't make a difference, good thing is you are getting a new batch, older batch means you can end up with not so good products.

They delivered my Cooler within 24 hours flat.

Sarath

iDota
I cant imagine not finding a cabby like that in a big city like Kolkatta,

Heck it was the national capital once.

Top Bottom