Foresight Linux!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Foresight Linux is a Distribution which showcases some of the latest and greatest from GNOME. Some of the things that may not be mature enough for some of the other distros. Some of the more innovative things are included, like beagle, f-spot, avahi (zeroconf), and the latest hal. All of this plus some nice, clean default themes and artwork.

Where does the name Foresight come from? Glad you asked! Many things about Foresight are innovative, not just some of the applications that are included. The biggest of which is Conary, which is a new way of looking at package management. Also, a work in progress, Oversite for web based systems management.

Screenshots

Login Screen

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/1818/foresightlinuxloginkw8.th.png

Desktop

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/2706/foresightlinuxdesktophq0.th.png

F-Spot : Photo management Tool

*img211.imageshack.us/img211/831/foresightlinuxfspotdw7.th.png

Banshee: Music Player

*img141.imageshack.us/img141/8664/foresightlinuxbansheejs6.th.png

Download it from here

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
well i am sick of formatting & repartioning again & again!
is there any method by which i can try new distro's without formatting our can have a low level format but not with mbr. and also how about the settings??
but this distro looks good:)

Last edited:
OP
JGuru

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Sykora, I agree with you. @Gary, this distro has very eye-candy icons, see the
Screenshots. Gary edit your post!! It's 'sick' not 'stick'!!!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
JGuru said:
@Sykora, I agree with you. @Gary, this distro has very eye-candy icons, see the
Screenshots. Gary edit your post!! It's 'sick' not 'stick'!!!
lol a typo:lol:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
@gary try VMWare or I guess Qemu will also do. WMware surely works. No need to reformat but only downside is you need atleast 512MB of RAM for it.
@qwerty can I borrow one hard disk from you? Even 80 GB will do :).

eddie

El mooooo
Sorry to be such an a$$ but what's so great about the looks of this distro? As far as I can see about icons...they are unmodified Tango icons. Anyone can get them on their KDE or GNOME desktop. Why switch your distro only for icons?? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom