Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
sujithtom said:
sumitava_b said:
sujithtom said:
Well This is my AoE strategy:

Fully upgraded archers or long bows are the best units. I usually group a huge number of them (as much as i can select at once). Guess what? They all can kill a fully upgraded Paladian in just one shot. Ya thts rite. When the combine their efforts.

I only use Priest to heal and convert opponent towers and building. I never use them to convert opponent units.

Sujithtom, ur strategies are very good indeed...But it seems like u r taking a lot of time during gameplay......Upgrading the archers fully (that means upgrading both at barracks and blacksmiths) and also the priests so that they can convert a watch tower standing from a safe distance will take a while. Isn't it? AOE is all about speed. If u r not striking first, just to upgrade ur army fully, ur half resource will be lost just defending. This is my opinion only. Strike them off when they r kids only. :twisted:

Strike them when they r kids??? Don't forget we r also kids at tht time. At in some maps (Conqurers Campaign) we start as kid buy they as fully grown adults

BTW call me tom(too late to change name)

When they are kids u will be one too............so the odds are still against you since you will be foraying into their territory tom.... :wink:

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
rohanbee said:
sujithtom said:
sumitava_b said:
sujithtom said:

Fully upgraded archers or long bows are the best units. I usually group a huge number of them (as much as i can select at once). Guess what? They all can kill a fully upgraded Paladian in just one shot. Ya thts rite. When the combine their efforts.

I only use Priest to heal and convert opponent towers and building. I never use them to convert opponent units.

Sujithtom, ur strategies are very good indeed...But it seems like u r taking a lot of time during gameplay......Upgrading the archers fully (that means upgrading both at barracks and blacksmiths) and also the priests so that they can convert a watch tower standing from a safe distance will take a while. Isn't it? AOE is all about speed. If u r not striking first, just to upgrade ur army fully, ur half resource will be lost just defending. This is my opinion only. Strike them off when they r kids only. :twisted:

Strike them when they r kids??? Don't forget we r also kids at tht time. At in some maps (Conqurers Campaign) we start as kid buy they as fully grown adults

BTW call me tom(too late to change name)

When they are kids u will be one too............so the odds are still against you since you will be foraying into their territory tom.... :wink:

Well if i understood well wat u said i think i have said the same thing in my quote.
"Strike them when they r kids??? Don't forget we r also kids at tht time"
+ since most of the area is unexplored in will be huge mistake to attack at first itself

escape7

What? Where? How?
i completely agree with u. first explore the entire area then plan ur attack, outposts here come in handy

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Well well well....lotsa kids n adults discussions.....Lemme clear my point of view....I never meant to say that we should shoot in dark, that starting attack without forming a decent defence or exploring the entire area.

What my policy is try to be the first person to launch an attack...May be in first 1 or 2 attacks u may be outdone (but the wreakage on the victim will be havoc, as they r caught offhand), but during that time u must continuously upgrade ur defence as well as offence. This will hamper the process of upgradation of ur enemies.

After that take ur full-grown army and dust off the enemies who are still spending time and resources repairing the damages that u have done initially. I am agreed with Tom that in some maps like Conqurers Campaign, this strategy is absurd. In those games u r in backfoot right from the begining. No point in attacking first. I got this strategy useful only when enemy and me are begining the game from same stage.

Is there any fun left if u r playing for a draw, if not lose?

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
No there r no fun left Sumitava. But if any ppl haven't noticed this yet (I am taking abt ordinary game modes not Conquerers Campaign) no matter how big the enemy is they always come to attack us in twos and threes.They never come together and attack us. This makes the game as simple as child play and boring. But this is not the case in Conqurers Campaign. The bots r smater than othr modes and there is only 50% or less chance for u to win. This is why i like Conqurers Campaign

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Agreed Tom, Conqurers Campaign is altogether a different ball game. I accepted this in my previous mail too.

:arrow: However, help needed from MODERATOR. Please make this popular thread (See the reply:view ratio for this thread. Its almost 1:6.5, one of the lowest :D I would say. Hats off to Stategy gamers!) a STICKY one so that everybody can find this thread atop. Waiting for the action...

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah sumitava is rite. Thsi thread is so popular.Plz mods make this thread sticky.

Dr Varun why don't u start discussing abt those games ppl will automatically follow ur path :))

g0rd0n

Right off the assembly line
this thread has become very popular. Even my vote goes "make it a sticky" :D

Now i love most of the strategy & RPG games , & ppl i have great news for all u strategy lovers like me (u may already know abt it or not),

Well one of the best strategy games which was released in 2003 was RISE OF NATIONS , well it was a great game , now it seems, sequel to Rise of Nations is ready to be released very soon , its called RISE OF NATIONS :RISE OF LEGENDS , well its gonno be totally diff from the first , well it will be featuring a history-versus-fantasy conflict rather than the purely historic focus of its predecessor. :roll:

AND another thing it will have a new 3D Engine rather than that 2D like in Rise of Nations.

Take a look at the screenshots
here

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
escape7 said:
Any body here who has played Tiberian Suns?
Yes I have. I play anything and everything in the Command & Conquer series.
Tiberian Sun wasn't one of Westwood's better games. Still an average game by Westwood is better than a good game by most other developers.

pallavnawani

Broken In
escape7 said:
i enjoyed playing that game, an FPS was also released based on this...that was also good.

Yes, I have played Tiberian Sun, and also the FPS. The FPS was good in parts. It started to get very difficult and frustating at the end, but the most annoying thing was that you had to protect people, and those brainless people had a habit of running ahead and getting killed. And then you had to wait for 5 minutes to reload the game. Grrr.

Pallav

CyCo

In the zone
sujithtom said:
No there r no fun left Sumitava. But if any ppl haven't noticed this yet (I am taking abt ordinary game modes not Conquerers Campaign) no matter how big the enemy is they always come to attack us in twos and threes.They never come together and attack us. This makes the game as simple as child play and boring. But this is not the case in Conqurers Campaign. The bots r smater than othr modes and there is only 50% or less chance for u to win. This is why i like Conqurers Campaign

the thing abt conquerors is that u cant really play hardest coz its unfair .. they start out with 2000 of each resource whereas u have only 200 .. so its not really that they play better just that they can make stuff faster than u and u cant as its not possible .. so its fun if u want a really long game [like i played once 2 on5 hardest] but not so good for playin multiplayer ...

CyCo

In the zone
rohanbee said:
escape7 said:
if u have a strong defense, attack becomes much easier

You said it dude! you might have the best offensive team but with a weak defense you will always lose. With a good defense you might not win but then you might not loose as well. A draw is still better than a loss.

i disagree ..
again i clarify this is for multiplayer

my defense will just be my base havin 2-3 castles in the direction where my enemy is.. thats it .. and the rest of it is that when my army gets made the gather point is in that direction where the enemy may come from ... so .. i dont need a defense ...

CyCo

In the zone
escape7 said:
nice strategey.................

by the way, i connect to the net using r-connect(reliance) FWP, i try to play aoe on the net, but the connection doesnot go thru. How do i do it, i just can't go to a webworld etc everyday to play aoe :(

try using gamespy .. it will detect AOE on ur comp .. and u may need to d/l a latest patch 1.0c or sumthin but that u can ask the ppl playin on gamespy and they only will tell u ...

CyCo

In the zone
sujithtom said:

Build a wall around as soon as possible. All gates will be locked (I will wall in all the resourses in the area). Then plant fully upgraded archers throughout the side of wall (Elite Longbow if britons). At first make only a few but strong and fast melee fighters. They can be used to to take care of Siegh units outside archers range.

After advancing to Castle age it might be a good idea to make castles close near to the walls. They r stonger than towers, have better fire power and more range but they r costly.

After my units reach the population limit and fully upgraded i usually attack them. My mode is lightining attack (just like Adolf Hitler's Strategy)

First i will send a lot of Pretards to destroy there walls and adjoining towers. Then i will make other units ASAP to make up the lost Petards (The enemy don't repair their walls or towers. This is why i said they r fools :) ) Then all other units will rush in destroying offensive units. Seigh units will attack on Barrack,archery range town centre etc.

Ok guys tell me how my strategy is? Does it sux or does it rocks?

good for single player ... bad for multiplayer ...

CyCo

In the zone
sorry net ws down so had to reply to many posts at 1 time ....

1 ques open to ne1 ..

in a normal [not turbo random] what is ur advance time to castle age ?? [to find out press F11 when u play]
the game speed shd b fast ... and u start with normal resources , dark age , random map etcetc

i jsut wanted to kno ..
earlier when i used to play a lot it was arnd 17:10 but now its more like 19 or 20 ...

ALSO, the strategies which most of u r discussin are for single player .. ne1 who plays multiplayer here ??????? and can add to my strategy here at the bottom of *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

also, mod can u make this thread sticky ??

Satissh S

Youngling
Hey! No reply to my post yet! :cry: Help Please! :!: In The Barbarossa Scenario 5 The March Of Barbarossa , how do you get past that saracen navy! In easy mode I Had no problems in landing my troops in the coast opposite to the constantinople. But in Hard mode the saracen Navy Sinks all my transports in mid sea! Help Please! How Would it be if we directly attack and threaten the constantinople's Hagia Sophia Wonder With our Siege. I haven't tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom