For the Strategic Game Lovers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Sometime I wonder about microsoft who once made groundbreaking launch of games like AOE, AOM, RON. But I feel that after that it crawls back into its shell. Those games were like pioneers in strategy game with rocking graphix. But after that microsoft just could not cope up with the high expectations. Many other game-maker actually overtook them in terms of quality in game.

Ya it's true that Microsoft is trying to come back with AOE3 and all. but still we were expecting much more. :cry:

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Ever heard of Ice Wind Dale: I and II?

I got a cd of that from my friend and never did understand it much. It's the only RPG that I've.

Question: Would you classify military/secret agent type games as strategy games?

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
As far as I know the answer is yes. I think u r talking about games like commando. They must fall under strategy games. U will burn ur gray cells off while playing those games :) [/quote]

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Apollo said:
Ever heard of Ice Wind Dale: I and II?

I got a cd of that from my friend and never did understand it much. It's the only RPG that I've.

Question: Would you classify military/secret agent type games as strategy games?

Ahh Ice Wind Dale...using the Dungeons and Dragons rules engine...awesome games...Got them and completed both. f you like it then try the Baldur's Gate series as well. Excellent games.

Military games such as C&C is a strategy games. However military/stealth games are actually FPS Stealth games such as Project IGI.

escape7

What? Where? How?
Warcraft III had awesome graphics, and yes i agree with sumitava_b, the ingame videos were really breathtaking man, the last level was a bit difficult, but i completed it without using any cheats!

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
rome total war

can anyone tell me more abt rome total war? read verym much on it nad would like to kmnoe its pice also?

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
And GTA:vice city too.....I havnt played this much acclaimed game :cry: Can anyone tell me in which genre this games falls.?

Is there any recent Digit DVD (in past one year), in which I can find the demo of vice city or rome total war? :?:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@sumitava: GTA-VC is a game that seems to have a class of its own, since it falls into Action, Driving, FPS and TPS all at once. Yes, that's it, GTA is a genre in itself. As for Rome-Total War demo, it was on the October 2004 DVD. As for the GTA-VC demo, I am not aware of a demo.

@wizrulz: Read more about Rome: Total War here. In my opinion, its one of the best RTS's around these days. The overall game is so good that the Discovery Channel is using it in their "Medieval Battles" program. The game is marketed in India by WorldWide CDROMS and the 3-CD pack is priced at INR 1299.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
I love strategy. I think i am the only guy here playing A.R.S.E.N.A.L Extended Power. Its cool. A world war II recreation. The opponent is not a fool like in AOE. Its really really cool.

escape7

What? Where? How?
try playing aoe on the hardest mode, that too without cheats. U'll get to know wether the opponents are foools or not :wink:

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Thanx enoonmai for ur explanation. U have sent a nice link for details about rome:total war. The review was good to understand the game. Can u please provide me similar links for gta too?

Satissh S

Youngling
Strategies

Since Sumitava started this as a thread dedicated to strategy, I think it's wise to post some essential strategies here.
Please Post the stategies known to u and also hear from others.
Let's Take it One by one starting with RON. I Think this strategy shd be applicabl to most rts games

Rushing:
This strategy involves taking out ur opponent b4 he has time to even find his feet.
1. As soon as the game begins resrch military1.
2. Create 2 citicens and use them on farms.
3. Build a Barraks.
4. Send your scout to the 4 corners of the map to get 4 sure shot ruins and also three at the centre.
5. Create 4 Hoplites ,2 slingers and attack the enemy villagers.
6. this would affect his economy.
7. If u use a civ. such as aztecs this wud also gain u bonuses.
8. Crete another 2 hoplites and attack the enemy capital with your entire force. Thats it Game Over for him!

Please Post ur Strategies Here!

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Most Welcome Satissh for such a generous posting :D .

Keep posting this type of posts explaining ur strategies and tactics. Let's not forget "United we stand, divided we fall". 8)

godzi_85

In the zone
nice satish!!!

i`ll tell you about the strategy i have used for fighting against the selucid empire.... i`m playin the house of julii ....
okk so the selucid will always and always have a hell lot of hoplitles and their variants esp.. if you play in the meduim and the hard difficulty modes...
so what i do is have 4-5 roman cavalry or legionary cavalry.. and send then to places where the hoplites would go after em... so what i do is... that i use my cavalry to either tire the hoplites.... tired hoplited are a piece of cake .. !!!!
or.... once i got their backs turned attack them from behinf using my infantry.. or better form a wedge from a cavalry unit and attack em. from behind.... it becomes very easy to destroy em!!
heheheheehe
also one more stratregy i use while defind my cities is fight the attaker in the open rather than allowing him to come to my city ....
its like... i use archers ane velites(missle units) for skirmish.. and send them as close as possible to the enemy .. and when the enemy approaches or runs towards them... i rush in my cavalry if any from the left...(if i have any) and my infantry from the front.. damn i just love it whe nthe enemy gets kinda trapped.. and has no where to go .but to helll!!! heeehahahahahahaaaha
my two cents!!!!

godzi_85

In the zone
one more strategy if you have a lot more missile units is to ... use these units to tire the infantry or whatever units your enemy has.. do`nt worry if you lose a lot of these units.... cause whatevr infantry you have will be fresh..and eagar. ..and trust me.. very very strong against a winded enemy...
try and you` shall succed!

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
As it seems the current hotshot strategy game is none other than Rome:total war can anyone share some good tactics adopted by him/her?

It would be helpful for those who are about to start playing the game like me... :)

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
played igi-2

hey has anyone played igi-2, its a good game, duno if it comes under strategy game! :oops: Operation flashpoint was good eneough as it allowed me to play on my old system w/o any agp. want to desperately play ROME:total war. medal of honor is good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom