Folder Password Software...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
N

Nehaonline

Broken In
Thankyou Boyz :))

This site is the best I always get help from you Guyz; even for my stupidest query. Thanks a million all you boyz :)

Neha

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
h4xbox said:
Folder guard 7.0 is a good pass util.
it has emergency recovery util to recover master pass incase u lose the master pass. it resets the mp so tht we can set a new mp again.
@neha : Shareware.pm me for more neha
I just cracked(reverse engineered) Folder Guard to accept any password........... Nothing is safe...................
Encryption of your data with WinRAR with a long enough password that cant be brute forced (trying multiple passwords manually or with the help of some programs) easily............ But if you forget the password, it is very difficult(almost impossible if the password is long enough) to get the data back
If you have multiple users using your computer and if they are really naughty, make sure that you don't have a keylogger installed in your system........................................

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Well, the best would seem locking your files into archives using WinRAR or preferably WinZip (128 AES or above)
I agree with @Sourabh...

aadipa

Padawan
EDIT: Link updated

Something I made ages ago
link updated: get it from Folder Protector

Works on simple folder renaming, worksin Win9x, 2K, XP :)

You will need VB runtimes. If u don't have get it from here

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
aadipa said:
Folder Protector

Zip file is corrupted. Please check it.

aadipa

Padawan
navjotjsingh said:
aadipa said:
Folder Protector

Zip file is corrupted. Please check it.

Thanks... I was thinking that files kept on web server will not get currupt, it was there for more than 12 months and was working. :p

btw link updated: get it from here

othikata

Right off the assembly line
hiding the files

Hi Neha
It depends on what stuff u want to hide.
If its some word/mails/excel type of files then its better you open a gmail account and upload all important files to it. It can hold up to 1 GB. Disadvantage is you have to login to inernet every time u wish to access these files.
Keeping the important data in the hard disk is risky because of the crashes and if u use password protect programmes the folders may get unaccessible after the crashes.
As many pointed out you can access these password protected folders by connecting the hard disk to other systems or by logging in with an other OS than the "programme" installed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom