Folder Password Software...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nehaonline

Broken In
Hey and plz one soft ware to password protect the folders ; I tried Folder Guard but it was too dificult.:(((( Something where you just put password does something like that exists one of my class mate said its not possible !!
Is it true

bharathbala2003

why need title?
here u go..

*www.folder-password-expert.com/ (this aint a freeware)

and

try this.. i suppose all em here are not freeware too..

*www.everstrike.com/

Sourabh

Laptoping
well these proggies as such are of no use

u can easily access the folders from other OS

i suggest use a winRAR or winZIP for this and lock the archive

else make a hiddenpartition and store ur files there if its too important

Even the Cd's have become so cheap tht u dun have to put a stone on ur heart to burn a cd for 1 mb ...lol ofco in multisession

Techmastro

Journeyman
hi,
If u have only 1 OS u can try pc security software it too simply to handle. U can download it from any software site.
If u have more than 1 OS then i agrees with SOURABH

suj_engico

Broken In
I totally agree with saurabh
I feeel that these password softwares are a bit risky to use as I had a very bad experience with them.

h4xbox

Journeyman
Folder guard 7.0 is a good pass util.
it has emergency recovery util to recover master pass incase u lose the master pass. it resets the mp so tht we can set a new mp again.
@neha : Shareware.pm me for more neha

godsownman

Padawan
those softwares are useless they can be unlocked and the password however strong can be removed.

Best is the Winzip or winrar method of locking but that too is not extremely strong .

Why dont you use a software where you can lock the files instead of the folder.

I know of a software but i cant remember it presently.

Will edit my post as soon as i remember it but that works on WIN98 or ME only not on XP .

Anyway i shall give you the name soon .

h4xbox

Journeyman
@godswoman : No shit ... can be done to this software.
i have tried runtime cracking and anti-debugging code is added.
i cant remove it even in memory.no files/folders visible in dos. Only empty folder displayed if u dont give password and use shortcut. The folder cant be retreived until the pass is supplied. suppose u forget it u can use emergency util.

BTW , Pls talk abt the things u know. Dont try to post spam , and if u know file/folder protection or some kid level protection reveal it here..and passwordz lol !! u make me laugh at you :lol:

Sourabh

Laptoping
guys the ultimate solution is winRAR or ZIp archive with a password containing more than 6 characters including numbers and alphabets

it wod take ages for someone to open it without the rite password

@h4xbox : y dun u help us in the same way as u did to neha , even we are mortals help us..!! God will help u twice :)

parthbarot

In the zone
ya true..
magic folder is good....

but if u have 2 OSs then u cant use it in second OS..
bcs it asks to not hiding those folders which r encrypted in other OS...

so safe is that..use WINRAR (best zipper..) & use password..

although i m using magic folders bcs i have only 1 OS & hiding some "DATA"...

regards

Tech&ME

Banned
Ya most people are correct here, this software are no good. But u can use some encryption software to encrypt your files ( this will not work with folders i guess ). and that way a hackers whole life span will be lost, but he/she cannot break the encryption if it is a strong encryption algorithum.

WinXP has its own encryption methods, try them (works with files only). Or get some freeware from the net.

shyam911

Journeyman
Have you tried Gatekeeper?. Its very easy to use and has a very simple interface. Try it out. There is another gatekeeper which is a proxy server or something so look out for gatekeeper folder guardian. here is the link
*www.securityfocus.com/data/tools/gtkpr10.zip

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
I guess the best way to lock folders is to deny access (if u use Win 2000/XP) to the intended user.

It doesn't open from the other Windows versions as well !

SAFE, isn't it ?

h4xbox

Journeyman
Also can be done in linux . no third party software like my suggestion of folder guard needed. i use win98 so i recommend folderguard

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Try Folder LockIt
Folder LockIt allows you to password protect and easily prevent access to your important and personal and folders. It applies "true" Windows system level security to make your folders completely invisible, totally inaccessible or allowing read-only access. You can also explicitly specify which programs are still able to access the protected items such as virus scanners or disk drive utilities. A protected folder and its contents will be stopped from being renamed, modified, deleted, copied, moved, accessed or even be visible on the system. Wherever at home, work or any other environment where you share your computer system with others, you can secure your files and folders from prying eyes, malicious programs, deadly viruses, trojans, hackers, crackers, phreakers, unwanted access and accidental damage. It is a must have tool for anyone looking to secure their system with ease but in confidence and trust.

Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom