folder in a folder virsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrakesh78

Broken In
hi i am facing this problem i have norton 2003 with latest update but no use plz tell me wht is the removal tool name for that virus in norton

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Be clear, do you know the name of the virus atleast? Its hard to identify viruses with the description you give, cause that's a common thing a virus would do, irritate.

OP
Y

yrakesh78

Broken In
i am using windows xp with sp2 in all my drives in my d,e drives 30 folders are there in every folder same name exe folder is there how can i remove that virus

slugger

Banned
ok i think i no wat he is tryin 2 tell :)

it is not another folder it is creating inside d original folder

it is an *.exe file with d same name as d host folder (since d ext is hidden and icon same as dat of a folder, u will mistake it 4 a folder, DONT CLICK ON IT !!!!!)

AFAIK it is a brontok worm

HERES d removal tool

Win32.Brontok.A@mm

and u mite wan2 switch to KAV ;)

Last edited:

tejeswar

Right off the assembly line
that is fun.exe virus better to use avast'n'hijackthis free ware which is used to remove the virus

qadirahmed

Journeyman
same problem with my friends system...... he is not able to open any of his drive he just doing rite click and select open to open the drive........

i hope slugger solution will help him.... dude can u tell me what is AFAIK and KAv...... which u mentioned above.....
let me check and do reply........

Thx dude....

qadirahmed

Journeyman
my friend's machine is infected by........ vbs.asp
it create s the folder inside the folder with the same name
ex: if there is a folder named Qadir.... inside this folder it creates a folder with same name.......

can any one post the solution soon........?
plz guys.....

abhijangda

Padawan
use qh to remove this virus it is a simple and not a dangerous virus. my friend slugger it is not neccesary that it is w32@Rontobork virus there are others also which do this.

slugger

Banned
abhijangda said:
my friend slugger it is not neccesary that it is w32@Rontobork virus there are others also which do this.
i no but it seems to b d 1 dat is flavor of d season rite now ;)

so suggested its removal tool

but i also asked d member to switch to a better AV sw, dint i ;)

btw it aint a virus, it is a worm ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom