Flipkart to go Myntra way, shut website by September: Sources

kartikoli

Busy!!
Flipkart will be out of my shopping site as they go app only the next option is amazon but they dont ship anything above 5k to U.P. so my only option will be left is ebay and snapdeal. I think paytm will gain user as flipkart go app only.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Flipkart will be out of my shopping site as they go app only the next option is amazon but they dont ship anything above 5k to U.P. so my only option will be left is ebay and snapdeal. I think paytm will gain user as flipkart go app only.

Have you tried changing the pin code to the nearest city?
They usually send via indiapost

kartikoli

Busy!!
They Dont ship even in Noida which is so close to Delhi, I am worried if they messup if I use Delhi pincode. Dont want to block money and then wait for refund.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
They Dont ship even in Noida which is so close to Delhi, I am worried if they messup if I use Delhi pincode. Dont want to block money and then wait for refund.
Hm it's a popular cuty,i guess.There must be some issue with the tax laws in the state.I have noticed this as the tax for items is around 15 percent for myntra ,jabong.Earlier it wasnt there.In between there was a time when my pin codes weren't serviceable

kartikoli

Busy!!
Hm it's a popular cuty,i guess.There must be some issue with the tax laws in the state.I have noticed this as the tax for items is around 15 percent for myntra ,jabong.Earlier it wasnt there.In between there was a time when my pin codes weren't serviceable

Amazon limits delivery of goods above Rs 5,000 in UP - The Times of India

But if other sites like FK can deliver then why not amazon :(

Makx

Game on
amazon stopped after flipkart Flipkart Won’t Deliver Orders More than 10K to Uttar Pradesh
Now, Amazon Stops Taking High Value Orders From UP

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Flipkart delivers above INR5000 items to U.P. at times and at times it stops. I started a FB page, emailed them and they resumed unrestricted delivery. the only catch i think there will be - a PrePaid Only Option, which is fine with me.
Amazon says it delivers only up to INR5000 items to U.P. with a PrePaid option only and according to them it is due to Regulatory Issues (have not defined till now what is that).
The reality is that Amazon Itself (i.e. Amazon Fulfilled Item Sellers) does not deliver and has these restrictions. See Proof.
The Other Amazon sellers (i.e. Seller Fulfilled Item Sellers) deliver without any restrictions. See Proof.

When I told them this, their CS said - It is Amazon fulfilled and the other is Blah Blah and if you do not understand what is that then ask and we will do more Blah Blah. I told them what I know about it and asked them how these rules (if any present) are different for one type of Sellers only? They have not responded back on that.
If there are tax rules then how come Flipkart is able to deliver and how come Amazon sellers are able to deliver items even if it is Seller Fulfilled ( the packager and courier may change but all else remains the same )?

Any one has any real answer?

Amazon limits delivery of goods above Rs 5,000 in UP - The Times of India

But if other sites like FK can deliver then why not amazon :(

Use CoD option ;)

mitraark

Decrepit
They do not deliver to those areas because of increasing number of abuse cases.

*www.quora.com/Why-are-Amazon-and-Flipkart-not-delivering-products-in-Noida

Also, i'd prefer to believe in the management team of Flipkart who have decided to go APP only even though so many common people are doubting their move. I'm sure they have considered everything before taking these decision.

As it is for any business, you never know what can make or break a company; if the APP only decisions fails there would be many "I told you so!" posts. But you have to move fast and break things if you want to excel.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Abusing for some financial gain is understandable ,but abusing for time pass? Why would someone waste time to order online and refuse for fun?
This year Online retailers like flipkart,jabong etc are fined 54 crores to Kerala for sale tax issues.
I have read that a product sold via cod is susceptible to regional taxes as you are paying to the delivery guy which is considered as a in state sale?
So I think it has more to do with taxes than abusers

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
wow today wanted to buy from Myntra end of reason(lol) sale.And now they don't deliver even though they have their own courier service at 695001.sent a rage mail to them,waiting for response

amjath

Human Spambot
Today I was looking at flipkart's log and I found this.

{"event":"PUSH_NOTIFICATION_RECEIVED","data":{"notificationId":"EM-MPNJ9RHGE5KHNRX","deviceId":"xxxxxxxxxz","isPush":true,"connectionType":"3G","networkOperatorName":"Vodafone IN","timestamp":1437188386307,"date":"2015-07-18 08:29:46.307"}} {"event":"PUSH_NOTIFICATION_RECEIVED","data":{"notificationId":"EM-MPNMXE8FIRMQZID","deviceId":"XXXXXXXXXXXX","isPush":true,"connectionType":"WiFi","networkOperatorName":"Vodafone IN","timestamp":1437289151043,"date":"2015-07-19 12:29:11.043"}}
Why does a push notification log needs network and connection type?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
No web retailer in the world did it before and survived.
But, e-India being wired as it will ever be, who knows what will happen..

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
instead of ads on google and facebook. flipkart now sponsors those kabaddi matches and saas bhau tv shows.
this is their way forward I guess.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
there is a borderline charity business, get stuff from amazon
Amazon: Nearly 20 Years In Business And It Still Doesn't Make Money, But Investors Don't Seem To Care

pcdatarecovery

Right off the assembly line
Off course e-commerce websites are getting online traffic through smart-phones, because each hand has this device. Smartphones is the market pullers these days.

Top Bottom