Flipkart to go Myntra way, shut website by September: Sources

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Just got 2k items for free on myntra mobile app,now :D Got a popup that first 500 orders from 8 pm will be free up to 2k.Mine was the 258 th order.App rocks :p

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Just got 2k items for free on myntra mobile app,now :D Got a popup that first 500 orders from 8 pm will be free up to 2k.Mine was the 258 th order.App rocks :p

Question is how long can these kind of offers be offered?
No company can sustain its business by offering free bies like that. They are only offered to increase traffic and doesn't work all the time.
It seems that myntra is regretting its decession otherwise there is no reason for these kind of offers.

saswat23

Human Spambot
No company can sustain its business by offering free bies like that. They are only offered to increase traffic and doesn't work all the time.
It seems that myntra is regretting its decession otherwise there is no reason for these kind of offers.

Absolutely. Surely they will revert back to websites later.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Free offers wont last long since they will go bankrupt !

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely. Surely they will revert back to websites later.
You can say that but myntra haven't changed from app only mode.And Flipkart has got a nice reputation ,im guessing there wont be a return to pc mode

tkin

Back to school!!
How difficult is it to maintain a website? Everyone uses SOA now a days. They just have to make an interface and connect it with the webservices that are feeding the mobile app.

Stupid decision if you ask me. Mobile data is costly and its set to become costlier for us Indians in future. Its unreliable, sometimes the signal will go out for a second or two, specially during travelling, suppose the customer was a middle of payment, he is thoroughly screwed(talking about hassle, not the money). I cannot purchase an item when I am making a call.

The mobile screen is tiny. Also app only means I cannot compress data using Chrome, leading to more data consumption, also the app consumes more battery than browsers and frequently pops up with ads till I greenify that $hit.

And finally speaking not everyone is using a smartphone or have a 3g connection on it. I think this will turn out to be a rumor after all. Flipkart is testing the waters, gathering market feedback, unofficially.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
They can lure the customer base with apps only offer and freebies. But in the long run the prices will be set higher when the VC funding runs dry, and for the conditioned customers it won't be evident as a sudden change.

Let's see how this works out. I haven't used flipkart for a while. And don't plan to use the app.

Makx

Game on
Looks like they were waiting for airtel zero to get the clearance before making the announcement.

ashs1

Padawan
Just got 2k items for free on myntra mobile app,now :D Got a popup that first 500 orders from 8 pm will be free up to 2k.Mine was the 258 th order.App rocks
Lucky you..got the same offers today and ordered shoes. but Price didn't reduce even after ordering, hence had to cancel.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Lucky you..got the same offers today and ordered shoes. but Price didn't reduce even after ordering, hence had to cancel.
Hmm yesterday we needed to put a coupon code to avail the offer.Today there were none.I think theyre kust foolin

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why September, Flipkart should shut it's primary website right now and offer some smartphones for free to make their app more attractive. Those who will get the "freebie" will be so much happy but is anyone dumb enough not to compare prices when they need to purchase something later ?

So just get whatever you can from FK / Myntra but for god's sake, don't suggest them anything as they are in their own wonderland boasting of their business success. Many online sellers are singing the app song nowadays like they are going to bring another revolution in cell phone market space but at the end their own greed, shadowy deals with some telcos [ Telcos are always planning on increasing data rate and what not ! Remember Net Nutrality ] will bring them down to earth.

But here only comforting thing is other etailers are not going to shut their primary website and go nuts with app only website. So let Flipkart be the leader in the app revolution in e-taling sector. All hail to the King and King shall soon change it's name ;)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Flipkart has even worse marketing team than Airtel then
Time to switch to Amazon , not only do they have more variety and more products,their service has also come on par with flipkart now atleast in the heart of Mumbai

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Time to switch to Amazon , not only do they have more variety and more products,their service has also come on par with flipkart now atleast in the heart of Mumbai

Amazon is the next Flipkart ;)

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
obviously they know what they are doing. its not like they are stupid or something.

The Death of the PC Has Not Been Greatly Exaggerated | WIRED

I guess pc is just for creating content and devices for consuming. Of course there will always be PC gaming and other high end use cases.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

The only thing amazon needs to overrun flipkart is a 30 Days replacement policy for Amazon fullfilled items and introduction of Amazon prime.

$hadow

Geek in making
Amazon prime will be the best valuable option left with Amazon, wonder if they will ever introduce those black Friday deals.

Top Bottom