First Hands on nokia N97 | India

talwar

Broken In
i am looking for some utility apps for S60 5th edition such as reminder apps. The current app that comes with N97 is very cumber some and not at all user frindly. let me know if anyone has suggestions??

ziha786

Journeyman
@ Talwar
there is an application called Note On Phone - currently, it's on trial... so you can try it out to see if it satisfies you. the good thing abt this app is that it is customized for the phone UI, once you install it,it Runs in background and periodically shows the notes on your mobile phone display, when you click on it, it opens up in a widescreen format, you can add your note and set the reminder. its simple and easy and has widget support for n97 and 5800.and other s60 5th edition phones.

Download

i am looking for some utility apps for S60 5th edition such as reminder apps. The current app that comes with N97 is very cumber some and not at all user frindly. let me know if anyone has suggestions??

talwar

Broken In
@ziha
thanks this is really cool apps but its on trial.... can anyone send me crack version of this apps...

kelly

Broken In
Use Skype to make cheap and easy internet call to any where in the world...make internet calls Im and Many more features to download beta version of skype ....

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@george

The v2.0 on the N97 isnt too long now...probably another 1-2 days & it should be available...though for certain product codes it might be launched a bit later...

cheers!

Samsung Omnia HD goes head to head with the might N97. This comparison means a lot more mainly because most feature the same operating system -- Symbian V5. It’s not often when Samsung ventures into the Symbian world -- especially since it has always been Nokia’s realm. But the way Samsung looks at it - if you can’t beat them, join them. The Omnia HD does excel over the N97 in some areas. For instance it has an 8mp camera with face detection. The N97 has a 5mp camera with a Carl Zeiss lens.The Samnsung i8910 HD smartphone also features a slighter larger 3.7″ screen and tv-out with HD capabilities. The N97 has standard tv-out and a 3.5″ screen. Both have the same resolution.

Samsung does not have a keypad. Many find this a huge problem, especially with the N97 offering a beautiful qwerty keyboard. The N97 also wins in the storage capacity department with a whopping 32gb built in.

Now check out this comparison specs chart of these 2 models:

Samsung Omnia HD Features

Nokia N97 Features

pawankhanna

Broken In
@follower of krazzy
Thanks For nice comparison between samsung omina vs nokis N97....
now ready to play for win nokia 5800 xpressmusic....5130 xpressmusic,and Sennieser headset....just give some simple question's answer's and chance to win exciting prices every week....
[FONT=&quot]*www.trackathon.in?rfr=thinkdigit[/FONT]

talwar

Broken In
Thanks Pawan khanna
M ready to play this game but facing some registration issue...it says create account to play next level when i click on that fill all form and submit then nothing is working just refresh the page and my registration is not completed every time....

rohitsharan

Right off the assembly line
@ sdmaverick
All of the features on my N97 are pretty nice, but at first: IT'S A PHONE!

The reception of the N97 is terrible! may be version 20 solve this problem....otherwise i'll return this phone...

v2 on the N97 is to be rolled out in October...so probably a few weeks to go...:razz:

Cheers!

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@rohinsharan

Hi mate! how r u doing? :-D

Repection problems on the N97??? :-| well thats the first tym I am hearing such a problem...the recpetion in my N97 running v12 is pretty good...I am on airtel...as such i think reception DEPENDS on the service provider rite? So maybe u have a connection with reception issues :mrgreen: Do let me noe of any probs in ure N97...

Here is a trick to increase battery life

Go to settings-->network-->GSM

shahbose

Right off the assembly line
@sdmaverick
Hey frend i am using nokia N97 and i face these problems with my phone so do you have any idea how to reduce these problem from my phone
-Contacts inaccessible – “Memory Full Error”. no other applications were active at the time of the error.
-Phonebook error upon selecting contacts in the messaging application.
-Audio Delay upon receiving a call. No Sound upon connection of incoming call. Especially when picked up quickly.

pawankhanna

Broken In
Firmware updates.

That is why I will not buy a S60 phone at release. They generally have good hardware, and potentially good firmware, but its almost always on non-E series devices incredibly buggy on release.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
people over the world have reported signal reception issues with n97..not a new one.. its actually among the list of many issues this phone has.. not worth ..and this magical ver 20 update is still not out. not many owners are happy with this phone .. someone above compared it to omnia hd and said n97 have beautiful keypad.. I personally think its pathetic ..keys are so small ..go and have look at touch pro2 keypad..I will take omnia hd anyday over this ..

Top Bottom