First Hands on nokia N97 | India

I put my home wi-fi on the phone, it put it priority 1, then when I left the house the phone kept beeping and saying it couldn't find the network, Any suggestions?

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@Crazzy

go to settings-->connectivity and then make sure u r disconnected from ure wifi and also automatic scanning is switched off...also disable any widgets that might require update thru wifi when on the move...

cheers!

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
@deepak

no dude...no such probs that uve mentioned again....if u want i can post some screenshots again for ure sake :razz: better yet probably a video after a week or so...

Cheers!

When I posted call divert problems on my orkut status, one of my friends scrapped me saying he has the exact same issue. So I am not alone, am I? What I am trying to say is, a phone (especially when I am paying >30k) should just work out of the box. Not running to the service center in a week's time. I've had a Blackberry storm, and an htc S710 before this, and I have never faced issues like these.

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@Deepakchan

hi bro :-D

1."When I posted call divert problems on my orkut status, one of my friends scrapped me saying he has the exact same issue."

As i told u bro, the call divert is but obviously a network operator related issue...now as u could CLEARLY SEE, i was able to set it up...and i posted proof regarding the same...tell u wat...insert another sim of diff operator and try...if it works, then thats final proof...

2."So I am not alone, am I? What I am trying to say is, a phone (especially when I am paying >30k) should just work out of the box."

But obvious if the other guys operator doesnt support the same, he also wont be able to set the divert rite? :mrgreen:
And the fone does work out of the box :p

3.Not running to the service center in a week's time. I've had a Blackberry storm, and an htc S710 before this, and I have never faced issues like these.

No need to run to a nokia care dude...uve got Nokia PC Suite with NSU...u can do it ureself....as i advises reflash ure firmware in case u facing a lotta problems...

PS: I have blackberry bold...its good...HTC is a big no no for me...sux!

Cheers!

ziha786

Journeyman
Hey guys lets get enclose with N vs E series, Nokia mobiles
here i want to know about the feature that you preferred most.... i like favorite contacts most on N97 home screen
[youtube]vhG9dRjRKA8[/youtube]

so share what you like in N or E series, nokia mobiles

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
@Deepakchan

hi bro :-D

1.As i told u bro, the call divert is but obviously a network operator related issue...now as u could CLEARLY SEE, i was able to set it up...and i posted proof regarding the same...tell u wat...insert another sim of diff operator and try...if it works, then thats final proof...

When I click Activate, it shows me the options Voice mail or other number, when I click other number it just quits. If it was an operator issue, what should happen is, after I enter the other number, it should say Requesting.. and then say failed. Anyway, to prove you wrong, I tried with the same SIM on a Nokia N82 and it worked perfectly as it should. So IT IS THE PHONE PROBLEM. NOT THE NETWORK.

But obvious if the other guys operator doesnt support the same, he also wont be able to set the divert rite? :mrgreen:
And the fone does work out of the box :p

No it doesn't. Today I was just scrolling down the applications menu, and it just hung. I just felt like lowering my car window and chucking the phone out for some lorry to run over it.

No need to run to a nokia care dude...uve got Nokia PC Suite with NSU...u can do it ureself....as i advises reflash ure firmware in case u facing a lotta problems...

My whole issue is why should I even take the pain of doing all this. I've never bothered to update the firmware of my Storm or my htc.

PS: I have blackberry bold...its good...HTC is a big no no for me...sux!

Cheers!

I don't say htc rocks.. But definitely not sux.. It is loads better than this piece of expensive hardware that I bought which I should be sending to the recycling station at Nokia care.

ziha786

Journeyman
Finally i have downloaded the firmware version 12 and have installed it and i must say the phone is running much much faster than usual..there is basically a lag…and messaging opens up so quick its ridiculous..i also used the problematic photo browser (beta) that always used to drag and it moved very quickly and i was playing the music player at the same time..i must say i am very happy with the update so far didn’t notice any new features as of yet though but if anyone knows of any please post....

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Finally i have downloaded the firmware version 12 and have installed it and i must say the phone is running much much faster than usual..there is basically a lag…and messaging opens up so quick its ridiculous..

When was firmware version 12 released?

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@deepakchan

deepak all n97 users are moving towards V12 now dude!! wat? r u sleeping or something?? :lol: IT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT THE STOCK V10 ISNT ALL THAT GOOD...thats why u have available updates of v11 and then v12 now...

If u stop criticising the FONE and actually do something about it ure issues might be addressed dude! Its difficult to believe that U PURCHASED THE FONE but cannot DO A SIMPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE...It is not Nokia's fault that the other brands u r talking about dont offer updates to their users...TOO BAD FOR U!:x

I would advise u something useful bro...Uve spent 30 odd grand on the fone...dont just let ure money get wasted...update and enjoy :cool: In any case i've shown u the call divert takes place just fine...so ure call

Cheers!

ziha786

Journeyman
CHANGE LOG:

* Following cases have been corrected and/or improved
- Fix for browser cache consuming more than specified in C drive
- Battery indicator showing wrong status (2-3bars) when charging completes
- Firmware over the air (FOTA) setting correction
- User interaction to device while FOTA may cause need for user to power on/off
- Fix for calendar entry lost
- Fix for mail that may get duplicated
- Fix to resolve GPRS access point selection even if WLAN access point is available
- Fix to not to ask user to do new profile while there is already one available
- Fix to display messaging application correctly when theme effect is set to ON
- Fix for Ovi store client may not properly installed if user has a client already installed earlier version

sdmaverick

Journeyman
Hi guys,

try out the new apps from Ovi Store...just tried out a few freeware ones...:-o

Timer Lite Touch (Free) is cool as a stopwatch app (need it for my exercise on the morning), also smartguard app is offered free for ovi mail users...

check this out! awesome;-) :

*www.emailwithease.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5150

Cheers!
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
I also noticed that Bluetooth has been corrected. In v10 and v11 I couldn’t copy any file to my phone using the bluetooth browser from Mac OS, it always displayed an incompatibility message; now I can after updated to v12. I guess an iSync plugin for N97 will be soon available because of this fix :lol:

Last edited:
@ Ziha786
Now I have new Version On My N97 i was downloaded through OTA and its Working Fine....UI Is very fast and Facebook Apps Working Properly... Not showing everytime connect to internet problem. nokia doing good...
:razz:

kwimp

Broken In
I found an interesting Apps Touch Guitar For My Mobile :razz: Now i play Guitar in My mobile And Create An Playlist Manage Songs....
*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1135/0b67087c2d2f4ac59a5fe09c0cd9c57b.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1135/1d7b5bd512134960ad2bed64f7b5d5df.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1135/3c4909ca615845798f5c31a508262587.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1135/ae1d655fb79846cb81d3b2162604082f.jpg

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/1135/a7aa6721e37f408ebfae8c8a378056ec.jpg

Cool Apps Try in Your Phone And Play Guitar Any time Any where on the go.:razz:

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@kwimp

awesome app bro :p thumbs up for touch guitar!

also, do try some freeware games on ovi like tic tac toe, spin the bottle and speed tester...amazing!

cheers!

i always play spin the bottle with my frends but problem is carrying bottle every where but now i have a good application on my phone called Spin the bottle

[youtube]91TzrDh_0fo[/youtube]

now i put my phone in the middle of our frends and play every time when i need.

I Want some Change In Future N97...What you expect??

l know N97 is a great phone . l love certain features but what would i most like to see from future updates to really improve the overall package.
Firstly the most important thing is getting the RAM right. At the moment if i am running too many apps then the phone just gives up, often needing a restart. I know that the recent firmware update has improved this however I feel Nokia still has work left to do here.
Secondly allow users to remove certain apps which are pre-installed on the phone. Surely as the owner of the handset it is my choice if I want this application taking up valuable memory space on my C: drive. Also it would be an improvement if all applications could be installed onto the mass memory rather than the C: drive like some such as quick office which eats up your memory.

Top Bottom