First Hands on nokia N97 | India

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
i wana buy n97. I heard it hv hanging problems. Is that true?
Tell me other cons 4 n97. Do reply asap.

I have an N97 and I would even pay you not to go for it. I can understand if it hangs now and then. Almost all the phones do at a certain frequency. But not able to accept an incoming call? That's really irritating. I would suggest if you have the budget for an N97, go for the Motorola Milestone. You will not regret one bit of it.

sughreev

Broken In
I updated my N97 to v21.0.045 today and it’s like a brand new phone! Improved Image and Video stability and it looks like the Music player has been improved too. Scrolling is a lot smoother too now
*zomgitscj.com/nokia-n97-gets-a-firmware-update-to-v21-0-045-and-21-2-045/

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
I have an N97 and I would even pay you not to go for it. I can understand if it hangs now and then. Almost all the phones do at a certain frequency. But not able to accept an incoming call? That's really irritating. I would suggest if you have the budget for an N97, go for the Motorola Milestone. You will not regret one bit of it.

thnx deepak 4 ur reply. U knw i reviewd n97 alot on web. U and web còmments d same way. I will not go 4 it.
As am a typical nokia cooler (fan) so tell me abt n97 mini. I dnt wana c6 due 2 lower built quality.

talwar

Broken In
I updated my N97 to v21.0.045 today and it’s like a brand new phone! Improved Image and Video stability and it looks like the Music player has been improved too. Scrolling is a lot smoother too now
*zomgitscj.com/nokia-n97-gets-a-firmware-update-to-v21-0-045-and-21-2-045/

Got the new firmware on my N97. Love that it has Ovi Maps with Free Navigation now!

@talwar,

hey, you said you got new firmware on N97.

So, you are still using N97??

So N97 works? ...why people are giving so bad comments about it?

I am asking this because I am looking for a mobile with -

- QWERTY.
- Touchscreen.
- Enough internal storage.
- Good music experience.
- Good Internet browsing(I don't like Nokia5800 bcoz screen is smaller than N97).
- Should be able to send, receive, read sms, calls while browsing.

And, only N97 fits that picture. And, I don't care about the price because if I get above requirements.

Guys, please suggest me if there is something better than N97 at 23K(current N97 price).

Thanks a lot.

Also, I have one more question to those who have used QWERTY on N97 - Is a QWERTY based device more enjoyable and efficient than full-screen based QWERTY device like Nokia X6? I mean, in terms of the real feel. I do a lot of typing being a programmer and I am not really comfortable with purely touchscreen type devices like X6.

Though only thing I miss in N97 is, a full-screen virtual QWERTY keyboard.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom