First experience of using an iPhone !!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
So I had iPhone 4s in my hands which belonged to an uncle of my friend. Had used his phone once before; Slick interface, nothing new to mention. The whole incident started when he asked me to send some songs to it. I already knew that iTunes was required for it. My friend had some software which he had downloaded to transfer songs, but it required iTunes. My "journey" began now. I downloaded iTunes. Played it with for half an hour, couldn't figure out how to transfer songs. :| Searched all over net but nothing helped me. :?

I tried some other softs, hoping to get some help. But nothing worked. A software called DiskAid allowed me access to iPhone folders with power to transfer files. But to my surprise nothing changed in the iPhone.

One more thing, there was nothing called "refresh" in music player. I really wonder what iOS architects think while designing the OS. I even restarted the phone but of no avail.

All this happened 2 days ago. I again went there today for some work and thought to give it a try once again. And again, I "wasted" an hour. :|

While syncing music, it said that it will replace the a-z of the iPhone. I was seriously not expecting this. Obviously I skipped this.

After all the effort along with the help of mighty Google baba, nothing could help me to do a small task which no one could think even time-taking at first thought. Just a right click and send to would do it. How hard it was ? But it's none other than iPawn, which really owned me. I was feeling such a shame on myself.

What's the use of so called "simplicity" which creates such complexity ? I don't know where did I sucked but I really wonder how many people would be able to do it.

Hail iJobs. :hail:

Disclaimer: This isn't an iPhone rant, more of iOS rant. And since I haven't used iPhone for prolong periods, so can't comment on other aspects, so would refrain from discussing about them.

Regards

pratyush997

Inactive
Just a right click and send to would do it. How hard it was ? But it's none other than iPawn, which really owned me. I was feeling such a shame on myself.
iPawn LOL EPIC!
BTW I didn't knew that Music transfer can be so difficult in iOS :|

BTW this article/ guide seems pretty simple :|
Link

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well this is the exact reason i hate Icr@p
I formated my computer once, when i synced my ipod lost all files :facepalm: to apple

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
iTunes must be used for everything. And one can sync with only one PC which is a big bummer.
Well this is the exact reason i hate Icr@p
I formated my computer once, when i synced my ipod lost all files :facepalm: to apple

Lol. Even I had formatted my PC once. I copied everything with Winamp.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well Iphone is found to be simpler by many people(Esp businessmen etc) but do you think they actually put songs etc in their phone, I doubt it..those people just use it as a symbol of pride

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Well Iphone is found to be simpler by many people(Esp businessmen etc) but do you think they actually put songs etc in their phone, I doubt it..those people just use it as a symbol of pride

Exactly. Even one of my colleague, he used to sync his files in his system like everyday. He use some apps to download songs(ofc pirated).

I tried to copy some songs to my friends iPod and got frustrated with the process, finally i gave him files in his pen drive and told him to do it at his place.

iPhone may be the best device, but iOS is the worst Mobile OS. Jobs aim was to sell the mobiles, not care about ease of use of software. All he wanted was to screw with consumers and he is successful in . :D

amjath

Human Spambot
iPhone may be the best device, but iOS is the worst Mobile OS. Jobs aim was to sell the mobiles, not care about ease of use of software. All he wanted was to screw with consumers and he is successful in . :D

Jobs aim wanted everyone to listen songs instantly over itunes with all songs available under one roof

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well what i don't like but IOS is itunes and its cr@p restrictions to overgo them you have to jailbreak.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Jobs aim wanted everyone to listen songs instantly over itunes with all songs available under one roof
Think what if someone already purchased a copy and have in his PC. Do i need to purchase that again in iTunes? This is what i am talking about.

raksrules

Youngling
iPhone user here and i too admit that trival tasks like song copying is so difficult and not straight forward.
I sometimes download songs directly on my iPhone (yes my phone is jailbroken) and use some jailbreak tweaks to import them in my library. But yes the next time when i sync this phone with iTunes, i will loose those songs, so i don't usually don't sync (removed the sync music tick mark). As it is i rarely listen to music on my phone.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
+ You'll have two copies of the same thing stored I.e- Say you have synced all your songs to your iphone, some of the songs will be encoded and stored in the itunes folder- eating up 8-10 gb of space(or depding on the storage of you iphone)

amjath

Human Spambot
Think what if someone already purchased a copy and have in his PC. Do i need to purchase that again in iTunes? This is what i am talking about.
thats the worst thing :D

iPhone user here and i too admit that trival tasks like song copying is so difficult and not straight forward.
I sometimes download songs directly on my iPhone (yes my phone is jailbroken) and use some jailbreak tweaks to import them in my library. But yes the next time when i sync this phone with iTunes, i will loose those songs, so i don't usually don't sync (removed the sync music tick mark). As it is i rarely listen to music on my phone.

this is why apple releasing patches after patches for its lockscreen which is not yet fixed but to stop JBing

worth a read
*www.theverge.com/2013/3/26/4148628/why-doesnt-icloud-just-work

raksrules

Youngling
I completely understand frustrations of people with apple and their restrictions but if you know how to live with it and make the best use of available software, you can use your iPhone very well.
Especially people who have used androids feel more frustrated. Jailbreaking does relieve one and add many tweaks and features and once you use a jailbroken iPhone you might not want to use a stock one.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I forgot to mention one thing. When I was about to download iTunes, I first tried in the iPhone itself. But that crap prevented me to do so by asking to mail the link of "download" to my mail id and then download from desktop. This is seriously height.

One thing I'd like to ask, of what material is the screen of 4S made? I'm asking because it didn't feel like glass, rather plastic.

raksrules

Youngling
I forgot to mention one thing. When I was about to download iTunes, I first tried in the iPhone itself. But that crap prevented me to do so by asking to mail the link of "download" to my mail id and then download from desktop. This is seriously height.

One thing I'd like to ask, of what material is the screen of 4S made? I'm asking because it didn't feel like glass, rather plastic.

iPhone browsers natively do not support downloading. That's where jailbreak kicks in. Also for the 4S, back and front both are glass, if you want to confirm, drop the iPhone on flat surface from a reasonable height and see yourself.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
iPhone browsers natively do not support downloading. That's where jailbreak kicks in. Also for the 4S, back and front both are glass, if you want to confirm, drop the iPhone on flat surface from a reasonable height and see yourself.

What's the use of net without downloading support? Lol seriously?

The glass is antique then, no way it was giving a feeling of glass, iWeird.

Top Bottom