Firefox menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

EinSTeiN

Broken In
i have been using mozilla firefox for more than one month. I am now using version 0.9.1, Although i have no cmplains about the speed and security of firefox i have one problem with the menu.
i have noticed that some shadow like things come up in the menu of fire fox.
At startup there are only one or two of em, but after using it for more than one hour, the shadows get bigger and uglier. plz help me solve this prob

mozilla firefox menu at startup
*www.freepgs.com/tejaspratap/moz.jpg

after an hour
*www.freepgs.com/tejaspratap/moz2.jpg

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
hmmm reinstall the software
or if u have seetings
go to
www.mozilla.org
and dload a theme
or
tools->themes-> there in the window click the link at the right hand bottom
dload a theme
and change the theme of the browser
hope this helps

OP
EinSTeiN

EinSTeiN

Broken In
I have already tried reinstalling the software. i have also tried using new themes. New themes make the display much worse than the above so i am now using the default theme :(

rock_ya_baby

Broken In
^ yeah, cant make out what are you saying...

--

Could it be your ClearType settings? maybe you played with that, enabled/disabled cleartype, therefore its looking different.. ?

OP
EinSTeiN

EinSTeiN

Broken In
Look at the forward arrow and backward arrow and refresh close etc. Can you see shadow images of "File" "Edit" etc. Thats what i called shadows :(

sohummisra

Broken In
they seem to be there before and after.... so there's no change after its opened. apart from that i have no idea how to solve this problem :D. try seraching on the net for something along the lines of firefox icon+background text. i'm not sure if it will help. cheers and good luck

sailendra

Journeyman
Uninstall firefox. Remove everything under C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles. Delete the Program files\Mozilla Firefox folder. Now reinstall firefox.
If that still doesnt solve your problem, may be a video driver update could do the trick??

OP
EinSTeiN

EinSTeiN

Broken In
:( I have uninstalled as u said. And i have the latest grafics drivers. still the problem dosent go. An now Fire fox has started to get STUCK.
And i have to restart my system everytime it gets stuck. Maybe i'll discontinue using it and wait for a new stable version. :(

ice

In the zone
Dude ... Uninstall Firefox, delete all the folders mentioned above.. Clean ur registry [ use system mech and then regvac]

Then reinstall into a NEW folder[ new name, preferably new location]..

It should work.

sohummisra

Broken In
yeah firefox is pretty slow for me too, because of my (lack of) RAM. but it usually comes back if i minimize and restore it about 5-10 times. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom