Firefox Advantage & Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
KoolKid said:
I am going to write a Review upon Firefox
Nice... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif

Regd advantages... check this out.

My say... use it. I never went back to IE (xcept when some banking sites and some other stupid sites asked for IE to be used) after I got my first taste of FF (Phoenix/Firebird then) somewhere in 2k2. No flame wars... nuthin... Firefox rox... whether u like it or not... *i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/tbone92/lovefirefox2.gif

Regd some addons I use... click image below.
*img138.imageshack.us/img138/3259/capturetnkh3.png​

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, Good to see all my pals - Vishal, 3rd Eye, Mehul, Kalpik, Prakash, Gary & all others.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ +1. I'm too using Safari and totally loving it. If you're more interested in just browsing instead of trying out different add-ons, then Safari is for you.

ajaybc

Youngling
Just one word : Opera

Opera is great,fast and has much more features than any other browser.
But the problem is that most sites are designed to be worked on IE or firefox so compatibility issues rise and also widgets in opera are not powerful or great as the thousands of firefox addons we have.

But I still like the speed,robustness and of course the speed dial feature in Opera

karnivore

in your face..
Ok, since this is about firefox, i hope it won't be offtopic if i ask a question here.

When i am off-line, i can't browse the web pages from history. Even when i try, File > Work Offline, it does not work. In IE, this was a great feature. Is there any way, or extension, that i can use for this purpose. Am using FF 2.013.

OP
Krazzy Warrior

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
Since you are new to firefox, I'd suggest you these extensions (besides Adblock Plus):

DownThemAll <-- this will give you a good download manager for firefox, with resume capability (If you are using a download manager like Flashget, then you should use the flashgot extension).
Nuke Anything Enhanced: This will allow you to remove any image, text or frame, that might not be blocked by Adblock.
BBCodeXtra: This adds items to the context menu that make your life in a forum really comfortable.
Paste and Go 2: This is useful when you want to copy links and paste it in the addressbar, or copy a word and look up in the search bar, just like in Opera
Greasemonkey: Install this extension and head over to userscripts.org and install scripts for specific sites to make your web experience a lot better. (you will find many userscripts for sites like google, orkut, amazon, etc. For example, there are scripts by which you can change the look and feel of sites like orkut and gmail)
QuickNote: Useful when you want to copy something like an article or a link and you don't want to save it in some file.
Google Browser Sync:
Really handy extension. It saves your session, bookmarks, history and even cookies on google servers and the next time you connect to the net, you will have your previous sessions restored. It almost gives you your own Firefox workspace even when you connect to the net even on other PCs. You just have to give your password. The next time you format your PC, just install GBS again and type in your password, and all your bookmarks will be restored. (BTW, if you just want to save your bookmarks online, without any other stuff, I would say that you use Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer)

Other extensions that I would recommend you to try are:
Tab Catalog: Gives you a preview of all the tabs
Sage: News reader
Foxytunes: Control any media player from the Firefox window
FoxyProxy: (to be used with Tor) Browse through proxies in Firefox, the next time you can't access sites like Megaupload.
PicLens: 3d image browsing on Google Image Search, Flickr, Photobucket, deviantart, etc
NoScript: Disables Java, javascript and other scripts and allows you to run them only on sites you want.

That's all I can say for now. You might want to check out the most popular and recommended addons on addons.mozilla.org for some more

BTW, you might also like to add a few search engines in firefox. Head over to *addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:4/cat:all?sort=name or *mycroft.mozdev.org/install.html

Thanks for the list

Nice... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif

Regd advantages... check this out.

My say... use it. I never went back to IE (xcept when some banking sites and some other stupid sites asked for IE to be used) after I got my first taste of FF (Phoenix/Firebird then) somewhere in 2k2. No flame wars... nuthin... Firefox rox... whether u like it or not... *i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/tbone92/lovefirefox2.gif

Regd some addons I use... click image below.
*img138.imageshack.us/img138/3259/capturetnkh3.png​

Thanks for the screenshot

*i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/tbone92/lovefirefox2.gif

Just one word : Opera

Donot go offtopic from this thread.
There is a Browser War Thread for ur fighting.:D

Last edited:

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
Ok, since this is about firefox, i hope it won't be offtopic if i ask a question here.

When i am off-line, i can't browse the web pages from history. Even when i try, File > Work Offline, it does not work. In IE, this was a great feature. Is there any way, or extension, that i can use for this purpose. Am using FF 2.013.
I don't know if this works properly, but you could try the Work Offline extension (although I have a hunch that it just adds a UI for the Work offline option in the FF statusbar; but you could try it anyway).

I searched a bit, and came up with these, which you might be interested in:
*www.mm3tools.com/MM3-WebAssistant-Proxy-Offline-Browser.html
*amb.vis.ne.jp/mozilla/scrapbook/

I think koolbluez here uses the ScrapBook extension. Maybe he can give you more info on that.

-----

@ praka123, you're welcome. :D

KoolKid said:
Donot go offtopic from this thread.
There is a Browser War Thread for ur fighting.
Ahh.. Its just great to see a new guy on the forum like this. :)

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i use ff too but the only plugin I use is adblock+ any thing other than that gives me a memory leak, I use Sage sometimes but using sage too takes my ff resources to 100k+ damn it is 107 right now :oops:

praka123

left this forum longback
^heh!even Im on FF3 for a month or so. :) much happier.esp I like the search feature in address bar,where you type the keyword which lists the sites which have that-for eg:"linux" :D

with 7 tabs open,firefox3 uses 62MB :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^heh!even Im on FF3 for a month or so. :) much happier.esp I like the search feature in address bar,where you type the keyword which lists the sites which have that-for eg:"linux" :D

with 7 tabs open,firefox3 uses 62MB :D
ihave it but i want to use sage and it's not compatible with 3 :( so i am stuck on 2, if only ie 8 had sorted out it's issues:rolleyes:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
ihave it but i want to use sage and it's not compatible with 3 :( so i am stuck on 2, if only ie 8 had sorted out it's issues:rolleyes:
Well, FF 3 isn't officially released. so Devs are not taking pain of making their extensions compitable. The problem would be sorted out soon

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
We'll what do u mean whan u say"Leaving IE"
U cannot leave it
It will be there always :D
We'll a suggestion for you
Just Install ie7pro
*www.ie7pro.com/

U can try Bettercache (if u have limited connection)
Brief( If u are feeds addict)
Greasemonkey (for extra features on pages using scripts )
Flashgot (if u use DAP or Flashget)
ImgLikeOpera (If you have limited conn & wanna disable images & make page load faster)
Last one I use is Mr Tech Local Install (TO add incompatible addons & tweak firefox)

Me using all my extensions on FF3
For past 3 months
Few of them give very minor issues
Rest work like heaven & FF3 is really quick :D
Anybody wanna know how ??

Last edited:

karnivore

in your face..
I don't know if this works properly, but you could try the Work Offline extension (although I have a hunch that it just adds a UI for the Work offline option in the FF statusbar; but you could try it anyway).

I searched a bit, and came up with these, which you might be interested in:
*www.mm3tools.com/MM3-WebAssistant-Proxy-Offline-Browser.html
*amb.vis.ne.jp/mozilla/scrapbook/

I think koolbluez here uses the ScrapBook extension. Maybe he can give you more info on that.

Thank you for taking interest in my query, and more so for searching on my behalf. I really appreciate that. I am currently touring, so once i get back home, i will definitely check out the extensions and the sites.

EDIT: Just could not resist temptation, so checked out ScrapBook, and it is AWESOME. It is more than i am looking for. Once again, thanks a trillion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom