Finally the beast Samsung S3 is released

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
htc one x this time! having used samsung's touchwiz and sense, sense just wins. its the small things that matter.
no point of great hardware if its not used..

ritvij

rated R
htc one x this time! having used samsung's touchwiz and sense, sense just wins. its the small things that matter.
no point of great hardware if its not used..

+1.. sense is a rocker! touchwiz feels cheap.. its best for under 10k phones:|

equinox

Right off the assembly line
When it comes down to it, the UI doesn't matter. Most hard core users replace the default UI and even install a custom ROM onto their mobiles in a few weeks...

The Exynos Quad core will probably be revolutionary... but we could wait for the benchmarks to see who has the last laugh!

R2K

In the Zone
Design is one big disappointment. It would have been OK even if it came in S2 design.
But that eye tracking switches you were saying seems to be awesome ( if it really works :D)

paul.rohit

Broken In
hi im looking to buy a smartphone. since samsung has declared that theyre not going to release the nexus prime in india, the only options right now are the xperia and the one x and the s3. s3 looks ugly...there is just one thing i want to know since i have not used a smartphone before..in the galaxy s2 and/or the s3, can you replace/ re-arrange the homescreen icons at the bottom? for example: in the s2 can you change the location of the blue "applications" icon? same goes for the s3. any help would be appreciated

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Specs are really good for SIII, but the looks are cheap. Lets hope Apple releases something better than the SIII this year (Probably a quad-core, 12MP camera, 128GB inbuilt?), and ofc Apple has the best design ;)

funskar

Padawan
Very ugly looks:evil:
A 35k+ phone should hav nyc design..
Between Lg showd lte2 with 2gb ram 1080p display

Last edited:

Terabyte

In the zone
I still don't see the need for quad-core phones, there simply isn't any software to utilize these resources. Heck even the dual-core phones aren't stressed out.
I would rather get a Galaxy Note than S3.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
HTC One X has more than enough performance to last atleast 3 years if not more...

Galaxy S3 looks very cheap, very old design. I hate its front and its back... Was really hoping for onscreen software keys like the Galaxy Nexus... Highly disappointed...

Why does this phone have a Menu botton? Google wants to get rid of the menu button in all future Android versions, but stupid Samsung designers incorporated a menu button in place of multitasking button? Very poor decision...

On the Verge forums...

This phone looks like a giant feature phone...to quote that topic's OP:

Here's a couple of things that piss me off about it:

1. No soft keys. Are they saying it was a mistake on the Galaxy Nexus?

2. S - beam. What, Android beam wasn't enough? You had to create your *******ized version?

3. Gingerbread colors and touchwiz., gawd ICS has design priciples. Follow 'em!

4. Designed for humans? LOL, 4.8 inch screen.

5. Pentile screen. I can't notice pentile on my Nexus S, but people will get on their back for this. A LOT.

6. It's kinda ugly compared to the One X and Lumia 900. Also, no black? I love the monolithic look of the iPhone and black Lumia 900.

7. Is it still plastic?

8. Only thing different is the processor. Everything else is largely the same, yet they call Apple users sheep.

9. The flipboard thing. How come S II users can't get it? Slap in the face.

10. Touchwiz again.

My dad wants to replace his old iPhone 3GS... IMO, HTC One X will be his next phone...

Cheers! :D

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
It kinda looks girly with that curves... and the icons look very 'appley'...

If i had some ~35k, i'd bet my money on the One X. I surely wouldnt buy a phone just to boast about its benchmark performance..

Seriously makes me wonder what they were thinking putting an inferior Pentile matrix screen on a flagship device. weird design choices. :-?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
SII is better IMO comparing the looks.

I still don't see the need for quad-core phones, there simply isn't any software to utilize these resources. Heck even the dual-core phones aren't stressed out.
I would rather get a Galaxy Note than S3.

Wrong .

- It need for such things like a Full HD Video Recording and Playback.
- For a real Adobe Flash support.
- For fast Web Page loading (processing).
- For fast photo/video gallery thumbnail preview generation.
- For faster applications loading.
- For fast switch between apps and keep them running in the background.
- For latest mobile games.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
As I have already mentioned in my 1st people, people who were eagerly waiting for this phone to launch and who were thinking to buy the best phone money can buy I think they should buy One X or some few thousand bucks and grab a Galaxy Note

S_V

In the zone
hi im looking to buy a smartphone. since samsung has declared that theyre not going to release the nexus prime in india, the only options right now are the xperia and the one x and the s3. s3 looks ugly...there is just one thing i want to know since i have not used a smartphone before..in the galaxy s2 and/or the s3, can you replace/ re-arrange the homescreen icons at the bottom? for example: in the s2 can you change the location of the blue "applications" icon? same goes for the s3. any help would be appreciated

If you are talking about the Bottom Labels such as Phone,Contacts,Messages and Applications... Yes you can replace them with your own preferred applications... look at mine...

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/Screenshot_2012-05-04-15-34-45.png

Now to Topic...

I liked this S3 and Love to own S3 than HTC X one......
I loved Smart Stay.... I use my Phone Frequently for mails, Browsing and I tap the screen always to stay on.. If i put display time in Mins, Sometimes I forget to lock the phone and display stays on until the timer set and consumes more battery.. so FTW ,Smart Stay.....

for My taste....

HTC X one is Crippled when comes to Battery,, you can't replace Battery with Higher capacity or spare while doing journey which I do with my S2. You need to take to Company for replacing Battery. HTC is never good at Battery life. The storage is only 26GB available of 32GB and no more Memory card slot. I am using 48GB in my Phone and only 8GB space left. I use HD recording frequently as well as tons of MP3, Pictures, Games, HD MoVies for Time pass. No doubt S3 is faster than HTC X One..
I am also disappointed with Design of S3 and I will come to final conclusion when I see that piece in Display.

Build Quality of HTC model is also not that Good as people claim here....
quote from Android Police site..... They said
*** Plastic is plastic, and my One X review unit already has a few creaks..

Not always Plastic is cheaper , My S2 is rock solid and fell couple of times accidently and not a single Scratch or Single Crack.

But Good to see nice competition between S3 and X one but I think S3 will beat this very easily... This is not from FanBoy.

Also some are really noob to say that there are no apps in market for quad cores.. For browsing and playing HD content you need good Phone Ram and processor... This way it helps the phone run faster and smooth.

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
The design is so bad (to me), I'd never get it even if it had 6 cores. What the hell is Samsung doing to its phones? Is this how you design a flagship?

Top Bottom