Final config of my PC.. Pls. choose for me !

saswat23

Human Spambot
Don't worry for the PSU. Its basically chosen based upon your GPU.
If you are not going for anything more than 6770 then SAGAII 500W can easily handle it.

checks FSP SAGAII 500Ws specs here:
Buy FSP | FSP Saga II 500 Watts Line Type Main connector

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
wow.. no wonder I was not able to find the sage II on the FSP website.. so many models !
Bit confused as I dont see the word saga II mentioned anywhere..

So, I need to ask for this to the dealer mentioning "ATX 12V ver.2.3" and "APN (85+)" series and the model no. "FSP500-60APN" ? Or saga II is the code name for all this ?!

And... what about the cabinet opinion :)

--------------

Edit:

Just wondering of this at the last minute...

Read somewhere that.. AMD APU's ! (CPU + GPU) are into the market recently.
Models: AMD A6 X4 3650 / AMD A8 X4 3850

It gives decent performance and I can add up a discrete GPU later to form a crossfire ! n I guess the pricing also is competitive.

Opinions ? !

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
AMD Liano.... They are good but, amd a6+gigabyte a75 s2v - 10.5k

According to FSP site, FSP500-60APN is not under the 80+ certified list.. Better to go for CX430 V2..

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Doubts perfectly solved !! Thanks master !

"Adding a discrete gpu higher than 6670 (rebranded 5670) renders the 6550D useless and dual graphics isn't enabled."

"So its better off to invest in a different platform than llano for people going for a good mid range or higher discrete card lets say a 6750 or higher."

"People not looking to buy GPU will hardly be thinking about spending more , and people willing to spend more will know better to get a 6570/6670 at same price instead. "

This forum simply rocks !!

Last thing.. any particular opinions on the cabinets ? would u like to see a pic of the 2 boxes to decide n tell me which wud be better ?

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Ok, 1st of all make a market survey in your area of all the parts listed here and update us with the prices, so that we can suggest you the best config for under your budget..

The most suited VFM PSU here is SAGAII 500W. May be you can get it for 2.1k after bargaining a bit.

Here we are from one of my vendors..!

Athlon II x3 645 - 5000
Phenom II x4 840 - 5250
Asus M4A78LT-M/LE - 2800
2GB ddr3 Corsair - 1200 (price quoted in the forum was 750 !!)
1GB 6770 HD - 7700

Now, problem is.. he says,

- On the mobo the normal Asus M4A78LT-M (Which i believe is a better version) is not available & only the LE version is available.
- On the RAM, the G.Skill is not available and corsair is good. On insisting, he says he could get the G.Skill for 300 Rs/- extra.
- On the GPU, the 5770 HD is "not available" ? and its only the 6770 HD that is present.
- On the PSU, the FSP is "not available" ? and that my current Zebronics should hold good for this config..! He gives me guarantee ! (wow.. that would save me 2k).
Also, suggests me to go for the Huntkey PSU instead.. When I talk about the Amps on the +12v rail.. he says thats good for a gaming PC and all that..

Guess its the general market out there.. (the most selling product becomes the easily available..) and vendors hardly have any technical knowledge at all ! Chennai sucks !

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Here we are from one of my vendors..!

Athlon II x3 645 - 5000
Phenom II x4 840 - 5250
Asus M4A78LT-M/LE - 2800
2GB ddr3 Corsair - 1200 (price quoted in the forum was 750 !!)
1GB 6770 HD - 7700

Thats X4 right? Which shop prices are these?

He gives me guarantee ! (wow.. that would save me 2k).

Ok. Go to that dealer and get a written statement that, He should pay if any of ur components go kaput w/that PSU..

Guess its the general market out there.. (the most selling product becomes the easily available..) and vendors hardly have any technical knowledge at all ! Chennai sucks !

Exactly.. Thats why u should close ur ears wen a dealer suggests u something...

So u Didnt check the shop of which prices are quoted on the link i gave??

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Thats X4 right? Which shop prices are these?

Ok. Go to that dealer and get a written statement that, He should pay if any of ur components go kaput w/that PSU..

Exactly.. Thats why u should close ur ears wen a dealer suggests u something...

So u Didnt check the shop of which prices are quoted on the link i gave??

The quote is from one of the multimedia dealers near my place.. n yes, its a Athlon II x4, sorry..

And the delta peripheral link that you gave me.. its on the ritchie street which is a wholesale dealer.. (place from where shops like my vendor) gets the components.. unfortunately.., these ritchie street guys dont have someone who would make home visits / do service / install OS's/ assemble PC's.. they are wholesale sellers only :(

=================
Yes.. post some interiors of ur cabinet..

Here are the cabinet pics.. first 3 are the one that I'm currently using.. with 2 fans on the side cover.. (pls. ignore the dust :d)

The next 3 pics is my 6 yr old Athlon XP iball cabinet with a fan at the back :)
*img20.imageshack.us/img20/9405/new1ou.th.jpg
*img687.imageshack.us/img687/9435/new2as.th.jpg
*img641.imageshack.us/img641/4946/new3ix.th.jpg
*img62.imageshack.us/img62/1241/old1y.th.jpg
*img818.imageshack.us/img818/8037/old2w.th.jpg
*img560.imageshack.us/img560/9848/old3.th.jpg

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Prices seem to be little higher in your place. For Corsair, FSP and Sapphire you can contact Aditya Infotech. They are the official distributors of the above products in India.
Aditya Infotech Ltd. HOME Page

And seeing your pricelist, going for PII X4 840 seems to be a better choice.
Though your PSU might handle your GPU, but no that long with efficiency (if you aren't lucky enough). It might even burnout with other components. Zeb. Plat. Series have many probs like this (google a bit).

Cilus

laborare est orare
Why not you are purchasing from Delta peripherals as it is in Chennai? And they are not only wholesale dealer, they sale their product directly to the customers. Visit their site deltapage.com for their products and price. You can get all your components in a lower price. My friend has very good experience with them for Online shopping.

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Yes, whether it is Delta peripherals or adithya infotech.. will these people put together the PC (assemble) it and give it to me ? thats my question...

n wat about the cabby pics above.. which one can I retain with me for the new system ?

So are u going to pay 1K for their sh**y service? AFAIK they jus cheat..

Maybe I wont call them for service.. but wat abt the assembling..? Should I buy these components from such wholesellers directly and then call some engineer for assembling alone ?!

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Yes, whether it is Delta peripherals or adithya infotech.. will these people put together the PC (assemble) it and give it to me ? thats my question...

All shops in ritchie will assemble it if u claim.. Also check Sethia infotech, they hav attractive prices...

For cabby, the choice is yours.. U can either change it or keep the old, add fans in all possible places..
How many fans are there now? side-2, rear-1?

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
For cabby, the choice is yours.. U can either change it or keep the old, add fans in all possible places..
How many fans are there now? side-2, rear-1?

So both are equally okay ? I thought my current one was a bit cramped & the older iball cabinet had some hefty space onto it..
The current one has just 2 at the sides.

The iball has 1 @ the back..

(Excluding the PSU fans)

Top Bottom