Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Developer- EA Sports
Release date- October 3

FIFA 09 is touted to be the next- gen football simulator. FIFA 09 is being released for the PC, X360, Playstation 2 & 3, Playstation Portable, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS. This is about the PC version.

FIFA 09 has been customized and designed specifically for each platform. In the PC version, you can use either the keyboard or the mouse to control your players. You are allowed to change the keyboard controls to suit yourself.

There are 32 skill moves which you can perform, including scoop turns, rainbow flicks and ball rolls.

The players’ faces are realistically well detailed. All the skin tones and muscles are shown in great detail. The graphics is high quality, and has been designed to exploit the power of today’s high- end machines.

There are customizable widgets which you can integrate into the menu system to connect with the FIFA online community and real world football so you stay in touch while playing.

FIFA 09 offers a more realistic gameplay. Quick free kicks, shielding, collisions etc. are added to make the playing experience ultra realistic.

All the usual stuff like Manager Mode, Challenges and Tournaments are there and improved. You can play one of the 61 tournaments or create one.

There are over 500 licensed teams and 30 leagues with accurate kits and logos.

visit *shishir007.wordpress.com/2008/08/17/fifa-09/ for screenshots

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It's supposed to be on Xbox 360 as well which is not mentioned in the above post.So see if you can edit the post.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Are those screenshots from the PC version? Last time out EA fooled a lot of people who bought it for the PC, assuming that the graphics would be almost same for all platforms. But in fact, the PC version was utter crap. Washed out graphics, commentary glitches (Clive Tyldsley screaming 'good save' when the ball actually went past the post) and outdated appearances & stats for players. Hope it's not the same with 09.

Ei8t

Journeyman
according to....fifa09.de

On Thuesday, 8.7.2008 EA Germany hold a FIFA 09-Multi-Plattform-Event in Munich. Our pals from FIFA 4 Fans.com have been on location and have collected a lot of information about the new FIFA 09.

In the beginning FIFA 09 have been introduced by the three main producers (Paul Hossack for PC, Kaz Makita for Wii and David Rutter for Playstation 3 and Xbox360) from the Canadian EA Sports Studio, and have talked about the new and improved features of the different versions of the game.

Afterwords we have been able to play the different versions of the (PlayStation 3, Wii and PC version) - so we tested the game a lot. Furthermore we got some more information by the producers.

Designed for the PC
In recent years there have been used the Playstation 2 version for the PC version. This comes to an end now. The PC version is designed for the PC, it is not a converted version of a console. Thus, the game is now independent, and no longer dependent on certain characteristics of consoles.

Next Generation Graphic
The fact which everyone had been waiting is now finally finally: FIFA 09 contains the NextGen graphics and makes a big step towards console version.

The player models are now as pretty as the ones out of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox360 version, so that even the muscles of the players can be identified. 3D grass grows from the ground, pretty shader and glowing effects have been added. The players look totally realistic, have a natural skin colour. It is possible to recognize Michael Ballack not only because of his face, but also because of his deceptively similar 3D hair.

However there are still missing some things. The stadiums are not yet adapted to NextGen, the spectators and the surrounding area in the stadiums have not been renewed yet. The NextGen changes have been primarily done in the area of the playing field which you can see all the time during the game. Nevertheless, the overall picture of the graphic is very positive.

EA has made a big step. The main focus has been on the NextGen graphic on the field in FIFA 09. EA will continue working on the graphics, so that - perhaps next year - there will even more Next Generation graphics available

System requirements
The NextGeneration graphics - of course - increases the system requirements a lot. How much these requirements will be is not clear yet, because the game is still in development and EA still tries to improve the graphic performance more and more.

If you have a high-end graphics card as the GeForce 8800 and 3 GB of RAM, you don't have to worry, you will be able to play the game in full details.

If you have a rather weaker PC you can adjust the level of details and lower it step by step. It's possible to set it to the FIFA 08 level. So if the game is not running fast enough, just switch of some details, and you can play FIFA 09, too.

Conclusion (PC Version)
The PC version makes a big step forward. Because of the Next Generation graphics it looks really great, the gameplay is similar to the Next-Gen consoles. In short: The game is just fun, it plays out different and looks different than the predecessor. FIFA 09 has no reason to hide, EA has done a great job.

SOURCE:
*www.fifa09.de/

I am very excited about this years Fifa. 08 on the PS3 was awesome especially the BE-A-PRO mode.08 on the PC was Horrible :x

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
[Offtopic]
How does Fifa 08 compare to PES 2008? Though its subjective but then again? Any online comparisions?
Reason: Havent played PES; so wanted to know.
[/offtopic]

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
@klaw- all screenshots except the last (ronaldinho) one are of the PC version.

@ironman- in terms of gameplay, PES 2008 is definitely better than FIFA 08. but in PES, there's a master league instead of FIFA's manager mode, which, in my opinion, sucks. there are also lesser clubs and tournaments in PES 2008. PES 2008's selling point is it's realistic gameplay. in FIFA 09, the gameplay is said to b very realistic and i ll have to check this out when it releases. i ll post a preview of PES 2009 soon....

@ allwyndilima- yes ur right. its releasing for the X360 as well. made a slip up there. corrected it.

Last edited:

IronManForever

beta testing said:
@ironman- in terms of gameplay, PES 2008 is definitely better than FIFA 08. but in PES, there's a master league instead of FIFA's manager mode, which, in my opinion, sucks. there are also lesser clubs and tournaments in PES 2008. PES 2008's selling point is it's realistic gameplay. in FIFA 09, the gameplay is said to b very realistic and i ll have to check this out when it releases. i ll post a preview of PES 2009 soon....

Could you tesll me what you would actually call as gameplay? I assume it to be;
Difficulty + AI + Options. I never understood the term gameplay properly. :(

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
^well, wat i mean here is that the game engine is better and far more realistic.

one thing i dont like abt PES' engine is the camera when the opposition takes a penalty. it is placed in the GKs view and m not comfortable with it.

IronManForever

beta testing said:
one thing i dont like abt PES' engine is the camera when the opposition takes a penalty. it is placed in the GKs view and m not comfortable with it.

+1 .. Tried the game yesterday at a friend's place.

Man; this game doesnt have any of the actual leagues? La Liga was there.. no EPL? and wth? no good clubs?
Did this one lose out to FIFA in a copyright bid? :lol:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
+1 .. Tried the game yesterday at a friend's place.

Man; this game doesnt have any of the actual leagues? La Liga was there.. no EPL? and wth? no good clubs?
Did this one lose out to FIFA in a copyright bid? :lol:

Some EPL and BundesLiga clubs don't have real names, but this can be corrected using option files available on the net, or you can change them yourself using the inbuilt editor.

IronManForever

kl@w-24 said:
Some EPL and BundesLiga clubs don't have real names, but this can be corrected using option files available on the net, or you can change them yourself using the inbuilt editor.

Thanks; But that would mean a lot of editing. I mean only few are named correctly; well thats what I noticed in my few minutes with the game.
Anyways my friend was annoyed because of it; shall tell him..

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Thanks; But that would mean a lot of editing. I mean only few are named correctly; well thats what I noticed in my few minutes with the game.
Anyways my friend was annoyed because of it; shall tell him..

Search for option files on the net, that's the best method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom