Feeling hopeless, need to earn money, don't know where to post this

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
This is a bit hard. I'm in a fix. My family is going through a financial problem. Plus, I'm off to college. Plus we just shifted, plus, the car decided to conk off NOW, plus a million other problems all occurring at the same TIME!

I need to find work, work I can do remotely, from my laptop, or something similar, so I can devote 2-3 hours a day and earn a bit, to go by monthly expenses without having to rely on my parents.

I'm really in a situation, and I would really like some help....

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^What about all those part-time online works?? I heard they pay 200-300 bucks for 3-4 hours!!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I've sort of been in your situation before. I ended up teaching students part time you could considering tutoring too . If you don't mind the ethics involved could help a few students out with their projects or assignments. Then of course you could always throw up your own Computer repairing gig or something . I knew a friend of mine who used to drive people to the airport or whatever destinations they wanted when he had vacations to earn money too.

I guess in the end it boils down to what skills you can use and how humble are you willing to be.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Its definitely a good start . Its not like you have to spend alot of time at it too. An hour a day for a bunch of students should get you some money. Just do remember that it tends to end to be a commitment you can't get yourself easily out of.

abhidev

Human Spambot
You might consider working part time at pizza hut,KFC,McD or dominoz in your area. Don't worry buddy everything will be fine.Cheers!!! :)

R2K

In the Zone
As mentioned above Tutoring might be a good idea. You can wind up classes in just 2-3 hours and still earn a decent income out of it.:)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
I agree, you could ask around the society and take up tutoring kids. Teaching English or science should not be difficult and won't take much time on your part too. Earning part time at pizza place or coffee shops are honourable jobs too. Just remember not to panic.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
In the beginning, when I had the same situation as yours, I also asked for advice from my friends who did such online jobs and got faked up.
Literally they ended up with loss of 10k.s of rupees.
There are many other jobs, which you might want to consider.
e.g. I did work for a computer firm just for installing OS and software and such maintenance work (part time) for their clients.

Tutoring is a nice idea, but if you need money urgently, then do consider other options too.

Try odesk.com. I am sure you will find a work suitable as per your skills. Check out the faqs for help, or pm me for any doubts.

Good luck.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Tutoring is best of now especially for techies. My many friend do this and some earn handsome amount. Plus if you live in a metro, you can earn double figure money with some effort.

Sarath

iDota
My bro gets tutored for 300 bucks an hour. I was like :shock:
I even considered studying engineering texts and keep the money for myself :-D

Yeah it seems good for a start.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
My bro gets tutored for 300 bucks an hour. I was like :shock:
I even considered studying engineering texts and keep the money for myself :-D

Yeah it seems good for a start.
That's the rate of average teachers here for 11th/12th. Better teachers even ask for 500-750 per hour.

A girl near my house was studying maths for 1000 per hour. :shock:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I can suggest you take online one on one tutoring. Online Tutoring sites like Planettutor.com charges around Rs 300 per hour from the students. You should get a good amount of it.

That's the rate of average teachers here for 11th/12th. Better teachers even ask for 500-750 per hour.

A girl near my house was studying maths for 1000 per hour. :shock:

The cost is high because it is one on one. Of course, 1000 is too much and by the way the output(in terms of understanding) in such expensive classes is almost nil.

Top Bottom