Feedback & Preview [November 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

echoplxx

Journeyman
***Diwali Special Issue***

*img401.imageshack.us/img401/1168/coverku.jpg

The Great Diwali Deal Hunt – This month's cover feature shows you how to identify the best deals and where to find them this festive season

Icons of Trust – Find out which brands does India's most influential community trust the most.

Fast Track to Windows 7 – Right form Installation to backup and restore to customising the look and feel, this month's FT would make you a Windows 7 expert!

Mindware DVD 25 Video Tutorials on C++ | Latest Ubuntu 10.10
*img200.imageshack.us/img200/6643/dvd1c.jpg

Playware DVD Indian Rock Special – Albums & Videos | Digit TV covers FIRA (Robot Football)

*img340.imageshack.us/img340/362/dvd2kg.jpg

*img502.imageshack.us/img502/1371/contentg.jpg
Features in the Magazine

Rise of the Robots – Digit covers FIRA (Annual Robot Football) Over 50 teams, 200 participants from across the globe, and we were there to cover every minute. Find videos on the Playware DVD

Cleaning up the Cosmos – We've talked about e-waste before, but there's a whole other type that's threatening our future – orbital debris, or space junk, as it's more popularly known...

World View – Our pick of the best tech articles from around the world. World View this time features Overclocking Guide 2010- The overall overclocking technique. Subsections include Must-watch YouTube videos, Product Launches, Tech Crossword and Ars Technica corner.

Tech@WorkCareers in Mobile app development- With the Apps and smartphone industry growing in leaps and bounds it's the perfect time to think about a career in this field

SKOAR! reviews Dead Rising 2- Ex- motocross racer out to kill hoards of Zombies! Sounds fun!!

F1 2010- Latest F1 action by team Codemasters

Bazaar reviews Nokia's latest feature rich phone- N8

Sony Walkman NWZ – A845 – Sony's reply to the iPod Nano

Apple 21.5 inch Mac – Faster iMac for your desk

BRAG DB10- A brand new CPU cabinet flexes its muscle

SMC EZ Stylepad- We checked out this latest 7 inch tablet running Android 2.1

Roccat PYRA- A gaming mouse not meant for the light hearted

Galaxy Geforce GTX 460- NVIDIA's new Fermi chip unleashed on our benchmarks + loads of other lalest products

DIY Build your own PC temperature monitor- We look at an electronic circuit that would help you monitor your PC's temperature

Agent 001 advices you on buying the most sought after products this festive season

Smartphones above 10K compared - Nokia N8, Samsung Wave, HTC Desire, Touch HD2, Blackberry Pearl and many more battle it out!

Augmented Reality - Enter the fourth dimension

Regular Features
Tips & Tricks
Adobe Photoshop- Learn blending exposures tricks
Premiere Pro- Learn multi-camera work flow using Premiere Pro
3DS Max tips & tricks on Tracking Assets
Mobile Watch LG comes out with dual-core Tegra, A look at Nokia's new N8
Web Watch 12 must add Chrome extensions

DVD Contents at a glance
Mindware
Develop
25 Video lectures on C++
Dev apps, Ebooks, Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Pro
Learn
Educational apps, Whitepapers, Linux Podcasts
Install
Open Source apps, Ubuntu 10.10, Peppermint OS
Popular Updates
Click
Multimedia, Internet and DVD burning apps

Playware
Indian Rock Special
Exclusive Music & Videos from Motherjane, Split, Bhayanak Maut and more..
Digit
Digit TV covers FIRA 2010 (Annual Robot Football)
Plus Video reviews of Wink Ereader, SMC Tablet PC, X-Mini speakers
Gaming
Demos FIFA 2011, Blade Kitten, Arcania Gothic 4
Plus Game HD trailers and game engines
Entertainment
Movies, HD Trailers and full music albums

For full list of DVD contents click here

Last edited by a moderator:

Gollum

Collector
Great, this issue is a must buy for the fast track on win7 and the mindware dvd for c tutorials. Its been a long time since i bought digit; been reading it at my college library.

Gollum

Collector
My college is mega slow in getting these subscribed issues. I still have not seen the october issue.

OP
echoplxx

echoplxx

Journeyman
do C++ video lecture completes the course or just introductory?

These video tutorials are introductory lectures to C++

Lol 250 who gonna buy then.

Guys I think there some confusion about the price of the November issue, so just clearing that out:
November 2010 issue is priced at Rs. 150. Includes 2 DVDs and Fast Track to Windows 7.
The December 2010 issue will be a special issue.

Last edited:

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
So you mean December issue will be 250/- ?

Yes, December is Rs.250/-

I think all you guys should read! Meh! :|

I never said that the November issue is a special Rs.250/- issue. I just said that the so called Special Issues are no more Rs.200/- but they are Rs.250/-

Anyone got this issue ?
LF review...

I got it on the 28th of October itself but have not got a chance to have a look at it at all, have been working for the past 6 days now

Last edited:
These video tutorials are introductory lectures to C++

Guys I think there some confusion about the price of the November issue, so just clearing that out:
November 2010 issue is priced at Rs. 150. Includes 2 DVDs and Fast Track to Windows 7.
The December 2010 issue will be a special issue.

thanks for the update.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
considering the above post ... admin/moderator - author.... kindly mention the price of issues along with its review ....

considering the above post ... admin/moderator - author.... kindly mention the price of issues along with its review ....

November issue is Rs. 150/- (2 dvds, fast track to Win7 and Digit Mag) and December issue gonna cost Rs. 250. Already rec'd my issue on the 1st Nov and didn't get enough time to check the contents. There is a coupon attached with the back cover of fast track (If I remember) for 50rs to get the December issue at discount price for 200rs which is not useful for a subscriber :(.

Team digit = What is the advantage of that discount for a subscriber ??

toofan

Technomancer
Don't you guys think this is start of a bad practice.

And where did digit think is heading by increasing its price of special issue to 250. It clearly indicates that the prices from next year will be around 200 normal issue and 300 special issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom