Feedback and Preview [November 2011]

echoplxx

Journeyman
November issue highlights

Everyone's a Gamer

*img163.imageshack.us/img163/9999/digitcovernov2011800.jpg

No matter what your gender, age, or bank balance, you are a gamer!

Cover stories
10 free games everyone must play
Gaming: A social network?
Why it sucks to be a gamer in India
How India wasted 700 crores this year

30+ Motherboards tested [including Z68 and A75

Space Age: How we find distant planets

DIY: Build a pint-sized missile launcher

SKOAR!: FIFA 12, F1 2011

Bazaar: Boxee Box media streamer
Sony Bravia HX925
Samsung Galaxy Tab 750
Vodafone 555 Blue
Alienware M14x

Fast Track to Digital Photography

*img836.imageshack.us/img836/7863/ftdigitalphotography170.jpg

Learn the secrets to awesome photography, from the very basic gyaan to post production of your pictures. Everything you need to know about digital photography in this month's Fast Track.

DVDs at a glance

*img338.imageshack.us/img338/9696/dvd1nov2011paintshopx4.jpg

*img190.imageshack.us/img190/2012/dvd2nov2011ted.jpg

25+ productivity apps to help save your time and energy
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5, PaintShop Pro X4, VideoStudio Pro X4, Painter 12
20 tools every developer should have
40+ full games and game demos
4 Linux distros
Parted Magic, PC-BSD, Tiny Core Linux, Unity Linux
Video tutorials on Java for beginners
TED talks
16 HD game trailers
+ much more

Click here for full DVD contents *sharesend.com/lsena

Last edited:

jitenderkkr

Right off the assembly line
True feedback, not a pleasant one

Hello,
This is my first mail to you guys that is written in angry young mans mood( Typical mood of indian after reading a news of petrol hikes on cards). Please don't take it i am being rude or i am born with brain of size less than a nut. But this is my true feelings after reading your mail. Lets start

Is this meant to be delivered in December? is digit becomes so careless that my November edition will take 15-20 working days for delivery. Guys!!!!!, this is a complete month. This is disgusting. I am sorry to subscribe for a magazine who don't care for a timely delivery. Responsibility is not completed just by posting your material but also to make sure it reaches on time. If you think that's not possible then may be you should quit this business. I received item from Thailand using Ebay in a week's time. and from Mumbai to Chandigarh it might take a month :(

Should I forward this mail to any public news paper or media channel? Is this kind of mail represents the true nature of Digit. Some points in your mail:

No Details for courier/postal registration number or contact no
I have to contact you if i failed to receive by 30th November

Guys, you are publishing monthly magazine and not annual magazine. 30th November means, end of month. I can literally buy digit December edition in a day or two's time. Are you building customer loyalties on this kind of service?

I am waiting for a delivery, and if i am to receive magazine after 7th of month, then please let me know the process to unsubscribe digit.

Jitender

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To:
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:19 PM
Subject: Dispatch Details of Digit November Edition J003122

View this message in your browser
Dear Subscriber,
We hope you are having an enriching experience with us.
We have dispatched the Digit Nov'11 Edition.
Subscription Code :
Courier name* : Indian-Post
AWB N. :Not available
Courier Contact : Not available
Expected Delivery Time :15 to 20 working days
In case you do not receive your copy within stipulated time, please write to us at help@thinkdigit.com or call us at (91)-22-678 99 678 (from 10am to 6pm on weekdays) before 30th November 2011. Due to limited number of copies, we will not be in a position to provide replacements beyond the above date.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us in case you need any other assistance.
Happy reading,
Team Digit
* Subject to availability of courier service in your area, if we are dispatching your copy though Post, please send us name of available couriers to improve delivery.
Note: In case of change of delivery address, please inform us before 15th of the previous month to update your address so that we can dispatch your copy to new address from next month.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
On the Article - Why being a gamer sucks in India

I totally agree with the part Tch, tch .. social outlook on gaming and every other points mentioned there.

people who think only negative things about gaming ( be it pc or console ) need to change their mind for real good - with all the huge numbers of games available out there for pc and consoles there's lots of great thing anyone can learn - gaming is the only section where there's no scarcity of variety or genre - there's something good for everyone in the world of gaming and if gaming can be considered as a social culture then it can really make a lot of difference for everybody.

People who are still skeptical about gaming should widen their minds - step in the world of gaming to see what great things it has to offer and the world of gaming invites all to participate ;-)

dead.night7

Journeyman
I doubt that Fast track to photography was also given when I purchased my first ever issue of digit in April 2009. What is change in this one?

How is motherboard comparisim test?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes it was given in April or May 2009 I think. Havent read this fast track completely. Will post a detailed feedback after I read it.

The Dvd contents have been quite dissapointing. Just felt you filled up the Dvd with high definition too much.

But the gaming videos were superb. The Hitman one was very good.

Please clarify where are results of Diwali wishlist survey?
I think you held them back for the December issue.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it would be great to have some more game trailers/video walkthrougs/speed run/machinima ;-)

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
The very first issue of Fast Track was also on Digital Photography

Frist One

*lh3.ggpht.com/_nCkfn1MvoW8/So_mm5yYW0I/AAAAAAAAAn4/D-855gpMeRY/032005[3].gif

Second One

Digit FastTrack of 2009

jayantr7

In the zone
Good issue! But there were some text typo's. I recently bought my first DSLR, so the Fast Track will surely help me. I really liked the article stating reasons why it sucks to be a gamer in India.

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
Bought it yesterday evening. Read only half of FT but is well written, though I would have liked if a little more on editing was also included.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Re: True feedback, not a pleasant one

Is this meant to be delivered in December? is digit becomes so careless that my November edition will take 15-20 working days for delivery.

CustomerCare said:
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:19 PM
Courier name* : Indian-Post
Expected Delivery Time :15 to 20 working days

In case you do not receive your copy within stipulated time, please write to us at or call us at (91)-22-678 99 678 (from 10am to 6pm on weekdays) before 30th November 2011. Due to limited number of copies, we will not be in a position to provide replacements beyond the above date.

* Subject to availability of courier service in your area, if we are dispatching your copy though Post, please send us name of available couriers to improve delivery.

Your issue should have reached you already. To clarify, Customer Care's mail is a standard mailer, sent to everyone - including those who live in the most remote parts of India - and also accounts for time lost when sending by Indian Post due to public holidays and the likes.

Also, the 30th date is given as a last day for complaints, which is also pretty fair I think... if a reader hasn't got his/her November issue by the 25th of November, for example (for whatever reason), don't you think it's fair to ask that they write an email or make a call to complain before the 30th of November? We keep a few copies in-house for such purposes (immediate replacement in case of misplaced or damaged copies), but these are cleared out after the 30th to make space for the next month's issues.

In case this is your first issue that you're receiving as a subscriber, Customer Care's mail also asks that you tell us which couriers service you at home on on a regular basis. We do this because we want to make sure that we send Digit to you via the fastest and most reliable courier possible.

As everyone is very aware of, a courier that delivers fast and reliably within in a city to pincode XXXX01 doesn't necessarily do the same for pin code XXXX03, for example.

For this purpose, we actually spend more money sending Digit out to readers via multiple couriers, even in the same city!

Most other magazines do not do this, and have a set courier they tie up with to get big bulk discounts, and if you happen to be in an area of a city that they are notoriously bad at delivering to - well, tough luck, you can't win em all, right?

Wrong! We make sure that at all time at least 98% of our subscribers are happy with delivery by implementing our system. Of course, nothing's perfect, and dealing with couriers and subscriptions in India is anything but consistent, however, we put good manpower and money behind making sure that we deliver one of the best subscription experiences possible.

Also, for the others reading this thread, don't hesitate to write in to our helpdesk (help @ thinkdigit . com) to complain if even just one issue is delayed. Your constant feedback helps us rate couriers and evaluate how to improve the Digit experience for you.

In the rare situation that even the helpdesk has been unable to rectify a problem, or if you're still unhappy with your service after complaining, please escalate to me (editor @ thinkdigit . com | cc: robert . smith @ 9dot9 . in) and I promise your issue will be resolved.

Meisternator

Right off the assembly line
i really like the November issue and all it contents. You guys rock out there. KEEP IT UP TEAM DIGIT!!! I am a regular reader from Nepal (thats not in INDIA) and i have one problem, your mag comes after 3 days or more can you speed it up"):lol:
And by the way can you please put Zoo Tycoon game in your December issue please that was my favorite game

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think it will take a little bit more time as December is going to be a special issue with lots of goodies ;-)

Top Bottom