Fedora 7 vs Ubuntu 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
The only thing I can say is Apt acts a bit faster than Yum in processing tasks. Apart from that both are Linux, same wholly.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Ubuntu will slightly outperform Fedora in terms of Speed. Otherwise it's all matter of personal choice. Both are good in their own respect.

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
I agree Fedora is also good. But the advantage of ubuntu is we can install in less disc space. few doesn't need all the apps that comes with fedora

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You can install selectively in Fedora too. Who forces you to install everything?
BTW, what's Ubuntu 7?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
If its looks that matter, Fedora 7. I consider it way more eye soothing than Ubuntu 7, what with sharp edges and all.

praka123

left this forum longback
Ubuntu sure is faster.know the reason? Upstart init daemon.but i dont know may be FC7 they too replacing sysVinit for Upstart
@kumarmohit:What i do after a fresh Ubuntu install is to apt-get install blubuntu-look .It rocks!

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
it's a matter of preference. i think fedora is harder to use than ubuntu, coz a lot of things have to be enabled. because i like tinkering,i like fedora. for a newbie, fedora is not always the best option. ubuntu is better that way because nearly everything works out of the box...

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Um... off topic, but where does OpenSuSE 10.2 stand in this according to you? I know that it is a matter of personal interest, but still.....

Among the 2 mentioned. I have not used fedora, and I did not like Ubuntu. I mean, I like suse more.:-D

praka123

left this forum longback
suse by default wants to install the whole things!like server settings for a new Desktop User?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom