FC 6 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
@ pathiks , I tried installing FC6 using virtual Boot loader ie through CD ISO images . FC6 installed successfully , but when i booted into it for the first time , just a blank black screen appeared and nothing happened. Should I now try to reinstall with Burning those images into DVD using the tut of this forum. Or it will be a waste of time and I should not think about it ????

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
hahaha phenom..Both of us hav exactly the same problem.. Btw wats ur system config?? And dont bother to convert those cds to dvd,. Wont make ny diff.. Btw wich oses u using currently??

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
even i hav a similar config.. Btw r u keepin edgy n fc6 both or one of them.. And post here if u find a soln.. :)

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
when I had that problem( around 1 month back) , I deleted my linux ( ie fc6) , I was not having edgy installed that time.
I cuurently just have XP SP2 ( which i use occassionally) and edgy.

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
i ll try subratabera s method n tell u.. I think it ll work.. Read the how_to editing xorg.conf sticky.. It shd help

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Do you have some tools installed to read ext3 from windows? Otherwise windows won't recognise the drive surely.

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
Yaar i know that.. I hav IFS wich reads ext2 n ext3,. It used to read my drive wen ubuntu 6.10 was installed but not now..

michel.shan

Right off the assembly line
help plz!!!
i have 6 cd images of fedora core 6 , and i want to convet it on a autorun DVD .plz anybody give me the way to do this . .... plz

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
see this link
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32416
btw the 6th cd is jus a rescue cd so leave it out...

maxme

Right off the assembly line
Add me too in the list....

almost same config

P4 2.4 GHz
512 MB RAM
INTEL 845GVAD2

the problem here is Xserver crashes on the first boot.
I tried various tweaks on Xorg.conf file, it couldn't get through.

Log of xserver states "stolen BIOS memory" and at last gives error no video modes found.(I gave all possible modes that should work)

After lots of tries, ultimately i switched back FC5 , which is working fine with good graphics.(console is not a problem for me, but i love graphical interface).

So someone may know a lot about Xorg.conf file can help.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
post your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log files, then somebody might be able to help.
Also, see
Code:
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep '(EE)' [code]
If it returns more than one line, post it here, those are the errors

And also try to run 
[code]system-config-display
see if it can set things straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom