Fastest Browser..(based on personal experience)

Which browser is the fastest brower based on your personal experience.?

• Internet Explorer 8

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Firefox

Votes: 119 43.8%
  • Safari

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 56 20.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 82 30.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.anurag93

Broken In
In My Opinion,In Terms Of Speed :

Opera > Safari > Mozilla Firefox > Internet Explorer 8

Safari Claims To Be The Fastest Browser in The World And Yes It Is Fast,Faster Than Mozilla.I've Simultaneously Opened The Same Website In Firefox And Safari And Safari Loads It Much Quicker.After All Apple Won't Lie About Bieng Fast.

But When I Installed Opera,I Saw A Feature Called Opera Turbo Which Speeds Up Slow Connections.Sometimes My Connection Just Dies Out And If I open The Sites In Opera,They Open Very Fast When They Wont Even Open In Other Browsers.

But Overall,Opera Isn't The Best Browser.Yes It Gives You Speed,But It's Not About Speed.Overall I'd Arrange The Browsers As :

Mozilla Firefox > Internet Explorer > Opera > Safari

Mozilla Is The Complete Browser.It Has So Many Features And Add-Ons.The Persona Also Gives The Browser A Fresh Look.Security Is Also Very Good.Internet Explorer Is The Classic Browser.Internet Explorer 8 Is Very Good.Opera And Safari Lack The Basic Features Of Internet Explorer For Eg - Private Browsing.Safari Has The Least Features.

Two More Browsers I've Used Are Netscape Navigator And Google Chrome.Chrome Is Quite Average According To Me And Overall Lies Somewhere In Between Opera And Safari.Netscape Sucks And Is Below Safari In My Rating.

remrow

This.. Is.. Sparta..!!
The new opera 10 and the firefox are well matched in speed but i think opera is lil more faster on loading pages.

bijesh123

Broken In
In my experience the title of fastest browser goes to OPERA V 10.10 There no doubt about it. AS FAR AS PORTABLE VERSION OPERA AT USB "opera@usb"
Firefox comes second, third is safari and Google crome tire between them.In the bottom is I explorer

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes It Gives You Speed,But It's Not About Speed.Overall I'd Arrange The Browsers As :

Mozilla Firefox > Internet Explorer > Opera > Safari

Mozilla Is The Complete Browser.It Has So Many Features And Add-Ons.The Persona Also Gives The Browser A Fresh Look.Security Is Also Very Good.Internet Explorer Is The Classic Browser.Internet Explorer 8 Is Very Good.Opera And Safari Lack The Basic Features Of Internet Explorer For Eg - Private Browsing.Safari Has The Least Features.
Private Browsing or not, Opera is 100x the browser Internet Explorer will ever be.

Ever heard of Adblocking? CSS changer? IRC client? 100x download manager? Mouse gestures? and many more. They are the real features.

I actually don't care about Private Browsing as I don't watch 'that' stuff. :lol:

You may say that Firefox is better than Opera, but saying IE is better is a joke.

And What About Starting Each Word With A Capital Letter??? :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
OMG! can someone even call IE superior compared to opera. Opera is far more better and feature rich than ie and as for private browsing ( how come it can be basic feature ?? ) - just delete private data before and after using the browser from tools menu :p

Opera has got add-on ( widget ), skin, ad-blocking, torrent download, mail client, turbo, some really handy dev tools & unite support and has very good customization features - don't you count them as basic features :p

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Totally agree.. Opera 10.50 is blazing fast.. its still in beta though.. I wonder how will it perform after all those "beta" issues are fixed...

Aspire

Padawan
Chrome for me!!!!!!!!!!!
Been using Google Chrome dev version for almost 2-3 Months now...............
It Rocks!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

And What About Starting Each Word With A Capital Letter???
Some people do suffer from that syndrome............. :)

GigaHeartz

Off the beaten track
people voting for chrome.. check this out.. read
*www.favbrowser.com/google-chrome-spyware-confirmed/
and
*forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1046983.html

Aspire

Padawan
Google Chrome's Omnibar serves two functions at once:
1.Address Bar
2.Search Field

Thus this logging of every letter entered into the omnibar is neccessary

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

For those who prefer Privacy, theres this software
Chrome Privacy Protector v1.0

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
For Chrome users who are concerned about privacy I really suggest Chromium. Chromium = Chrome - Google's crap :p

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
hi guys..
back to pavilion after 2 months..

this thread is only about 'SPEED' (i.e. rendering speed)
so pl do not consider other useful stuff .i.e. add on , UI, etc..

sakumar79

Technomancer
@Sathish, when we talk about speed, you have to also consider the addons and features that are present because they too affect the overall speed of browsing experience... For example (note this is only a theoretical example), if I can go from one website to another through one click instead of three due to the presence of some feature, will it not improve the speed?

Arun

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
I like Opera and it suites my needs. I find that it's a tad faster in general as compared to the others. Opera 10.50 hasn't been particularly flawless. Large image rendering doesn't happen instantaneously and there are a few crashes which I've never experienced before.

I use Opera, Firefox, Chrome and K-Meleon.
(all of the above include alpha/beta builds :oops:)

Deblopper

Member Moderator
Look out in the forum, an real broken down benchmarking is coming soon - for all the leading desktop web browsers.

Links will be posted soon & be updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom