Fastest Browser..(based on personal experience)

Which browser is the fastest brower based on your personal experience.?

• Internet Explorer 8

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Firefox

Votes: 119 43.8%
  • Safari

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 56 20.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 82 30.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspire

Padawan
Google Chrome now has most of the features in Firefox................................
like all Greasemonkey Scripts work in Chrome Now

Chetan1991

Youngling
Opera 10.50 !! See the test published in last month's digit. Chrome is a shade better but it is a resource hogger, while opera is very light.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have anybody tried IE9 preview ?? - downloaded it but it requires Vista Sp2 or Win7 to run - So I was not able to test it.

rkneo11

Broken In
I have used all browsers and the fastest in my experience is IE 9 Platform preview.
Chrome and Opera beast Firefox's arse in terms of speed but the added functionality of Firefox's add ons are what keeps me to Firefox.
The one thing I hated about Chrome is there is no option to set a master password like in FF.
Opera somehow feels to clunky
As of now i am sticking to FF 3.6

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
Firefox is good but i m findin chrome to be more quick . .
I just want opera like plugin to switch images for chrome, there was one but it doesnt work like it shud. .

pushkar

Journeyman
He means a plugin which can switch images on/off quickly, like in Opera where clicking a button changes the modes between "Show images", "Cached images", "No images". It's very handy for us unfortunate people in India, with measly 2 GB limits in the day. :p

Chrome has a plugin which only hides images, it doesn't stop images from getting downloaded.

Aspire

Padawan
There's a command line switch you can add to the target field of a Chrome desktop shortcut:
--disable-images

You can also disable JavaScript:
--disable-javascript
or plugins:
--disable-plugins

pushkar

Journeyman
I know about that command line switch, but it turns off all images (even cached ones), and you need to restart Chrome if you want to enable images on a particular site. It simply isn't as convenient as Opera, where you can do this on the fly. Even Firefox has an extension for achieving this functionality.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Well said - it's the most complete and usable ( fastest :p ) browser out of the box with every useful option in right places :p

rahulkay

Broken In
Opera is Opera. It just doesn't need extensions.

Well, true on that part but Firefox provides you with plethora of plug-ins for security & other enhancements.
Though it is quiet faster in rendering the page than FF but can't render all the web pages correctly, also I have noticed a strange behavior that 'opera' gets stuck with pages that are big in their content & server doesn't respond timely. Only choice you have is to reload the page. While with FF you can configure it to multiple attemps to download the page.
For above reasons I don't use 'Opera' regularly, I prefer FF over it.
Overall, I think FF is for jammed network, while 'Opera' is for fast rendering.;)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Opera has a wonderful built-in e-mail client too.. although, if you've a lot of mails, then Thunderbird is recommended.. Regarding Firefox, I'm eagerly waiting for Firefox 4.0 which will be based on the newly designed Mozilla 2.0 engine..

chandra_S

Broken In
i am a Firefox user ,but when it comes to speed(browsing+loading) it lags, chrome is better than that with no addons with only 1 or 2 extensions it rocks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So it looks like chrome 6.0.422.0 is slower than opera 10.60 ( improved from previous version :p )

but the old version of chrome 5.0.375.55 still faster than the latest alpha versiion of opera - so for chrome it's old is gold as of now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom