Fastest Browser..(based on personal experience)

Which browser is the fastest brower based on your personal experience.?

• Internet Explorer 8

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Firefox

Votes: 119 43.8%
  • Safari

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 56 20.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 82 30.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.blogcdn.com/www.downloadsquad.com/media/2010/05/opera-10.6.png

RavS

Kiddie Coder
Well these stats are all fine and good for the ego of fanboys. But really does a few points up or down in the benchmark affects the user experience noticeably.

I think people want a great browser which is an all rounder not just the fastest or lightest browser in the world.

Besides these stats don't make any impression on the loyalist. I couldn't convince one of my friend how great Chrome is, because he wasn't ready to leave his dear old Firefox.

And as for me, I use Firefox, Chrome and Opera (Both on Windows and Linux). Using all three, I know every browser has it's strength and weaknesses.

For me every browser is great.. as along as it's name doesn't start with an 'I'!!:mrgreen:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
So it looks like chrome 6.0.422.0 is slower than opera 10.60 ( improved from previous version :p )

but the old version of chrome 5.0.375.55 still faster than the latest alpha versiion of opera - so for chrome it's old is gold as of now :p
I think it's the case of Unix build of Opera lagging behind. Apparently, the Windows and OS X of Opera 10.60 is the fastest. Or maybe my reading is just weird?

unigen

Right off the assembly line
IMO, "fast" or "fastest" are highly relative terms. In my experience Opera is _the_ fastest, but this is after it's loaded! Ditto for Firefox. FF without extensions would be just as fast but again the question of usability remains. Chrome is the fastest to load, so essentially you get to work before the others have loaded. Add those extensions and it's the same as FF.

On Ubuntu FF is the default browser so it has the advantage of a fast base system. But Opera on Ubuntu is again faster than FF.

Opera has several modes to help you browse even faster. And the built-in email client has a 'low-bandwidth' mode which no other email client has. Overall, Opera is way ahead of the others.

However, if you do a quick search on this topic you'll know that the browsers handle javascript differently, so depending on what you're currently doing the speed will vary from one site to another. So no clear winners.

If you're too lazy to do your own homework (esp. the guy who started this discussion) the one short answer: Chrome.

Neuron

Electronic.
Well ,i have a dial up connection and in my experience Opera and Safari where way faster than firefox.May be the speed depends on connection type.

unigen

Well ,i have a dial up connection and in my experience Opera and Safari where way faster than firefox.May be the speed depends on connection type.

True. When I upgraded my system to a higher processor and more ram the Net speed improved immediately.

Neuron

Electronic.
I just downloaded Opera 10.54 and realized that i was missing some serious speed.Earlier when i used opera 9 it used to take 50-60 seconds or more to load the td/forum page .But now with opera turbo enabled the texts contents get displayed within 5 seconds and entire gets displayed in around 30 secs.I got electrified!!For all those who are on dial up connection Opera 10 is the best yet.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've noticed a strange thing with the google chrome dev build 6.0.427.0 - whenever I try to download a file using chrome it only giving me one third speed of opera 10.53 - other than this page loading speed is excellent though :p

Siva36

Me a new user i m using a bsnl gprs and firefox 4 beta 1 and getting the maximum speed out of it

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ +1 and yeah very true and i know it very well as I've used it so many times and still use it often:p

jayantr7

In the zone
See, I got a news today...
DIfferent ISP's support different browsers....
BSNL--> Opera
Tata--> NOt sure but Firefox
Sify --> Internet Explorer.....

This is also a reason why most BSNL users say Firefox to be slow...

ajai5777

Youngling
I have been using opera for 5 years.5 years ago I was in dial up and there was a reason for I used opera.When we click back button it instantly goes to the page previously loaded and that was a huge relief in dial up while IE and Firefox loading the page again when we click back button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom