anirbandd

Conversation Architect
for people who are running d3d11 exe on lower end rigs and experiencing low fps, here is a little mod:

Goto 'GamerProfile' in My Documents/My games/Far cry 3. Change these:

MSAALevel="0"
SSAOLevel="4"
RefreshRate="60" (or whatever your monitor is)
PostFxQuality="false"
ShadowQuality="high"
VSync="0"
Obviously make sure that UseD3D11="1"

save.

source

just ignore the other steps.

gameranand

Living to Play
I am using the dx11. I just enabled the crossfire profile for Far Cry 3 in AMD Catalyst also and now for a good time it didn't gave any errors at all. Will see in future if the problem persists or not. if it goes away then I'll post what I have done. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
However, i better not make the thread off track, returning to Far Cry3, anyone please suggest tactical points against heavy gunners, i have not met them that much, but last few encounters including one in a trial was not very hope-inspiring :|

use grenade or C4 to take them out ;-)

I am facing a lot of crashes now with Patch 1.04. I guess I should revert back to older patches and see the results. Cilus also said that he was facing crashes and now me. Looks like game has some problems with Crossfire setups.
Sure No problem. :)

Hey guys in far cry 3 go to the cave where jason friends are sheltering (when u enter the cave) take left there is a bowl of red pills and a small poster says " Eat me" if u eat the pill a mission will start which will give u detailed explaining how jason ends up on island try it :D

btw does anyone plz explain how to play poker(simple rules) in FC3?

thanks for the minigame - will try it out. and look online the's plenty of tuttes avaibale on how to play poker - learned when I was playing sleeping dogs.

for people who are running d3d11 exe on lower end rigs and experiencing low fps, here is a little mod:

MSAALevel="0"
SSAOLevel="4"
PostFxQuality="false"
ShadowQuality="high"
VSync="0"

save.

source

nice .. will try it to see if I can get any improvemt in fps.

gameranand

Living to Play
Alright if people having crossfire setups gets too many crashes then here is what you should do. Some tips from Cilus and some from me.
1. In CCC Go to 3d Application settings, scroll down to last and for "AMD Crossfire Mode for 3D Application" select "Use AMD per-defined profile"
2. Get Radeon Pro and make a new profile there for Far Cry 3
3. From Tweaks tab Select Vsync control "Always on".
4. Check Tripple Buffering and write your monitor refresh rate in Display refresh rate
5. Check Dynamic framerate control and put the value as per your card. Mostly set it to around 50 and it should do fine.

I hope this helps.

It works on patch 1.04. have to see the stability for long sessions. Will confirm and report back. :)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

MSAALevel="0"
SSAOLevel="4"
PostFxQuality="false"
ShadowQuality="high"
VSync="0"

save.

source

Anirban...below is the setting which i am using through "Video" and "Video Quality" menu in-game for DX11

Res : 1366*768
Vsync : Off
MSAA : 8
AO : SSAO
View Distance : Full

Terrain, Vegetation, Texture, Water, Environment all at : High
Post Fx : Low
Shaodows : Low

its on DELL XPS 15 and its giving me 32-35 FPS at night/day time.

Question is , will the above mod will just turn off MSAA to 0 because that can be done in-game too and when also it comes up with too much jagged edges on objects, also Shadows="high" can result into a bit FPS loss, so will the above mod just overrides in-game settings or its a way to gain additional FPS apart from the same?

Alright if people having crossfire setups gets too many crashes then here is what you should do. Some tips from Cilus and some from me.
1. In CCC Go to 3d Application settings, scroll down to last and for "AMD Crossfire Mode for 3D Application" select "Use AMD per-defined profile"
2. Get Radeon Pro and make a new profile there for Far Cry 3
3. From Tweaks tab Select Vsync control "Always on".
4. Check Tripple Buffering and write your monitor refresh rate in Display refresh rate
5. Check Dynamic framerate control and put the value as per your card. Mostly set it to around 50 and it should do fine.

I hope this helps.

It works on patch 1.04. have to see the stability for long sessions. Will confirm and report back. :)

Seems like CF is bit complicated...and comes with headaches too :(

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^^i will have to test that.. but i prefer shadow - Medium. low is a bit LOW in my taste. :p

a nice mod. gonna test it and provide feedback..

Hey guys, here is a new and extremely in-depth Realism Mod. It strictly affects weapon behaviour; if you want things like changes to weapon cost, map/hud etc.. you'll have to compile it with other mods manually.

*www.mediafire.com/?i9chkmbze20vyqm

This mod includes Leechmonger's Attachment mod (modified slightly) and Khenaz' Better Sights mod.

Brief changes:
All guns have more realistic performance in the game.
-Damage is based on actual weapon terminal ballistics tests
-Sway in sights and aiming are factors of the weapon's weight
-Recoil is a factor related to actual weapon recoil, incorporating bullet weight, powder, velocity, and weight of weapon
-Accuracy is based on actual Minute of Arc extreme spreads for the most realism
-Reload time is 25% slower on Assault Rifles, LMG's, and SMG's
-All weapons have realistic magazine capacities, including with Extended Magazines
-All weapons have vastly more maximum range
-Weapons have proper rates of fire (most especially that PKM.)
-Weapons have a new attachment setup that is a modified version of Leechmonger's attachments mod

Enjoy!

source

gameranand

Living to Play
@ sam
Yes with CF there is a learning curve but the raw power and performance you get from a CF setup is much better than similar priced or even higher priced cards.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys in far cry 3 go to the cave where jason friends are sheltering (when u enter the cave) take left there is a bowl of red pills and a small poster says " Eat me" if u eat the pill a mission will start which will give u detailed explaining how jason ends up on island try it :D

btw does anyone plz explain how to play poker(simple rules) in FC3?

1) I guess none of the gamers (except the one who is in hurry to complete the game) would have missed the pill. Its just a memory sequence.

2) Poker rules and card details are clearly mentioned in the help tab when u sit for a poker game in Farcry 3. Try understanding the card values and priority combinations.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^i will have to test that.. but i prefer shadow - Medium. low is a bit LOW in my taste. :p

a nice mod. gonna test it and provide feedback..

source

yeah..just as i definitely avoid NO MSAA :p

:cloud9:@gameranand...screenshots screenshots screenshots !!!..plzz

gameranand

Living to Play
Alright as I said about reporting back. Crashes haven't stopped entirely though they have been reduced to an extent.
Guess I need to search and optimize more, or maybe Ubi needs to do that.

@ sam
Will upload them ASAP. Actually I was gone to place to upload them but server was down. :(

ratul

█████████████████
1) I guess none of the gamers (except the one who is in hurry to complete the game) would have missed the pill. Its just a memory sequence.

2) Poker rules and card details are clearly mentioned in the help tab when u sit for a poker game in Farcry 3. Try understanding the card values and priority combinations.

haha, i hv cmpltd it, and nvr missd d pill, it was gud 2 see hw dey reach that island..

Ratul good post, but it looks almost as same as it runs in my XPS15, The Cyclone is altogether a different beast, hence was excited :D

However, i better not make the thread off track, returning to Far Cry3, anyone please suggest tactical points against heavy gunners, i have not met them that much, but last few encounters including one in a trial was not very hope-inspiring :|

well, i always had a LMG, Bow, Sniper, and RPG in the whole game with me, nvr changed till d end..
so for heavy gunners, head shot with sniper if dey r far in outpost, RPG if they were in a room or something, if not RPG, then headshot with LMG until they die, and do have the beatdown skill, which let you takedown heavies with a knife if undetected, grenade was nvr able to wade dem off prprly 4 me.. :p
they nvr posed me the problem, only fire heavies were some problem, which i solved by taking fireproof injection b4 encountering dem.. :p
only thing that i hated in game were the chargers with molotov, dang they put whole place on fire running 2wrds u, and komodo dragons, yuck hate their sound.. :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Alright as I said about reporting back. Crashes haven't stopped entirely though they have been reduced to an extent.
Guess I need to search and optimize more, or maybe Ubi needs to do that.

yeah.. most of the games are basically console ports, so they'll need some time to iron out the smaller bugs.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
taking ut chargers is fairly easy for me - just point the silenta nd swift shredder to them and shoot or just make use f the sniper rifle, anyway previoulsy I was playing a LMG but chnaged my loadout a bit - MP5 replaced by Shredder, LMG replaced by Assault rifle ( with optical scope and Silencer but I will opt for a mag extender ) and of-course the Sniper ( with mag extender and Optical scope ). If I get the 4th weapon slot ( still did not able to get enough items to craft it ) I will either opt for a sig 1911 or sig Bull.

gameranand

Living to Play
Which story mission I should complete after which I am free from limitations like recipes, and others ??

@ Others + TG
You guys get any crashes or not ?? And at what patch you are playing ??

OK guys here are the screenshots as promised

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8195/8372709310_759c91dc87_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8085/8372708882_a2face9afe_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8218/8371637377_538b23ce74_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8512/8372708470_6cd75e4585_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8086/8372708290_cfe449a50f_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8054/8371635935_5b7213ddf1_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8079/8372706894_3805cb31ab_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8509/8372706176_6bccb90c32_c.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8511/8371635501_b7c7651727_c.jpg

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Holy faaak.. i my eyeballs just fell off..

sh!t man.. i NEED a monitor. :(

here are some from me. nowhere near gameranand, but its sufficient for :p

*imageshack.us/a/img580/262/farcry3d3d1120130111181.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img27/9662/farcry3d3d1120130111180.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img441/9662/farcry3d3d1120130111180.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img812/9662/farcry3d3d1120130111180.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img543/9662/farcry3d3d1120130111180.jpg

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
@anirbaand and @gameranand ( noticed that u both have and as suffix in your name :p ) very nice screenshots . I am also playing the game with everything max out but @ 30 fps with 560ti . but still gameplay is very smooth .

PS - second screenshot of anand looks just real , too epic .

Last edited:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Amazing quality gameranand |m| B-)

Here are a few from me :D

*i48.tinypic.com/339silg.jpg

*i46.tinypic.com/2j2yvbs.jpg

*i49.tinypic.com/15i2mqa.jpg

*i48.tinypic.com/33agug9.jpg

*i49.tinypic.com/1rx17t.jpg

*i48.tinypic.com/j9y54y.jpg

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
@anirbaand and @gameranand ( noticed that u both have and as suffix in your name :p ) very nice screenshots . I am also playing the game with everything max out but @ 30 fps with 560ti . but still gameplay is very smooth .

PS - second screenshot of anand looks just real , too epic .

its anirbandd. :hammer:

installed some mods from *forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/734046-Mods-for-Far-Cry-3

am now playing with NO minimap, NO enemy/animal tagging, NO detection indicator, and with modded gun characteristics [realistic]

btw, i unlocked the signature AMR version of the Z93. AWESOME kicka$$ gun [extended magazine, variable zoom scope, also fires an explosive, penetrating round with enhanced damage at long range. comes with a custom paint job that] !! :twisted: but it takes the fun out of things.. :\

Top Bottom