sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
How do I kill the shark, I mean they bit me but I am unable to harm them at all.

you can kill a shark the way anirban suggested, its the most sane way of doing so, but again as he said the shark will sink to the bottom and you need to have "swim faster" and "hold breath longer in water" skills to skin them in one go. In my case there is a camp i conqured which is just at the sea-shore with lots of shark around, if i go into the water slow from the beach, there are points of submerged land where you can stand for some time. When the shark was around, i accidentally had switched to RPG and fired a big shot to the nearest piece of submerged land to the shark and the explosion killed it and also took my health bar from 4 to grey ( just about to die ). a way Not recommended for anyone except Serious Sam.

yep that knife game is really a good source of money farming. but i prefer the duck shooting with sniper somewhere on the beaches..

killed a shark with a RPG! :O how??

Agreed on duck shooting, its a good one for farming and honing one's sniping skills, also reminds of the 90's Video Game which had a Dog who used to pick the dead ducks and show'em to me with a big smile :D ..i wish i had one in Far Cry 3

gameranand

Living to Play
So basically they are hard to skin. OK got it, I have also conquered the camp from where the hunting area of shark is very near. Guess I need to kill them to get the last piece of gun in my inventory.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
So basically they are hard to skin. OK got it, I have also conquered the camp from where the hunting area of shark is very near. Guess I need to kill them to get the last piece of gun in my inventory.

I can imgaine how beautiful the water and the setting sun reflections look in Far Cry3 in Gameranand's cyclone

Dying to see it in a proper rig :'(

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Ratul good post, but it looks almost as same as it runs in my XPS15, The Cyclone is altogether a different beast, hence was excited :D

^^ Just view the link from my Signature. :)

Please post some Screenshots of below games including Far Cry3 at Maxed Out settings.

1. BattleField3 Any Mission where the occlusions are making it a picture perfect frame, also if possible some light effects from a fringe and dust floating in the air with particle reflections ( too much to ask i know :D)
2. Black Ops 2 2nd Mission where Mason uses the wing suit and lands in heavy rain.
3. Far Cry3 any archipelagic view at daytime with sea point
4. Any other game which proved to be spectacular in terms of in-game photography

However, i better not make the thread off track, returning to Far Cry3, anyone please suggest tactical points against heavy gunners, i have not met them that much, but last few encounters including one in a trial was not very hope-inspiring :|

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
I am facing a lot of crashes now with Patch 1.04. I guess I should revert back to older patches and see the results. Cilus also said that he was facing crashes and now me. Looks like game has some problems with Crossfire setups.

Ratul good post, but it looks almost as same as it runs in my XPS15, The Cyclone is altogether a different beast, hence was excited :D

Please post some Screenshots of below games including Far Cry3 at Maxed Out settings.

1. BattleField3 Any Mission where the occlusions are making it a picture perfect frame, also if possible some light effects from a fringe and dust floating in the air with particle reflections ( too much to ask i know :D)
2. Black Ops 2 2nd Mission where Mason uses the wing suit and lands in heavy rain.
3. Far Cry3 any archipelagic view at daytime with sea point
4. Any other game which proved to be spectacular in terms of in-game photography

However, i better not make the thread off track, returning to Far Cry3, anyone please suggest tactical points against heavy gunners, i have not met them that much, but last few encounters including one in a trial was not very hope-inspiring :|

Sure No problem. :)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
@gameranand: i see you are using CF.. have you had any issues of microstuttering??

Agreed on duck shooting, its a good one for farming and honing one's sniping skills, also reminds of the 90's Video Game which had a Dog who used to pick the dead ducks and show'em to me with a big smile :D ..i wish i had one in Far Cry 3

And the dog used to laugh sarcastically when u miss a shot :p

i played that on my cousin's TV console.. dunno know the name of the console. used to run games from a cassette.

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
Hey guys in far cry 3 go to the cave where jason friends are sheltering (when u enter the cave) take left there is a bowl of red pills and a small poster says " Eat me" if u eat the pill a mission will start which will give u detailed explaining how jason ends up on island try it :D

btw does anyone plz explain how to play poker(simple rules) in FC3?

gameranand

Living to Play
@ anirbandd
Yes I faced that but rectified that with some tweaks in Radeon Pro but game is crashing with or without Radeon Pro. :(

RON28

Cyborg Agent
hey gamerand i want to see the beautiful sights of FAR CRY 3, please post in screenshot section, and how much fps you get while in heavy duty graphic scenes?

ratul

█████████████████
@ anirbandd
Yes I faced that but rectified that with some tweaks in Radeon Pro but game is crashing with or without Radeon Pro. :(

well, i too was experiencing crashes on Far cry 3 (though i have no crossfire.. :p), what i did was to switch to borderless mode instead of fullscreen, and from then no crashes were experienced, i think you should try that if you have'nt..

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
@ anirbandd

have you tried going with one 7870?? what resolution do you game at??

are the crashes random and occur with all games?

I can imgaine how beautiful the water and the setting sun reflections look in Far Cry3 in Gameranand's cyclone

Dying to see it in a proper rig :'(

the views from towers and reflections on the water are stunning.. i could post some, but its low res and 4:3.. @gameranand, bro do post some good pics from your rig... :)

gameranand

Living to Play
No only Far Cry 3 crashes all other games works very fine even for long sessions.

@ ratul
Thanks will try and confirm. :)

As for resolution, I play at 1920*1080 with every possible setting at highest. :)

Will post screenshots tomorrow as my upload speeds are terrible so have to upload from other place. :)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
hmm.. see if some future patches solve the CF problem..

which exe file are you using? farcry3.exe or farcry3_d3d11.exe??

Top Bottom