gameranand

Living to Play
Wow that's great. If it looks this good in a low res gameplay video, watching it live on ultra settings would be something.
Even that water had froth in the banks which makes it even more realistic.

Afair , the original crysis had no froth in its water model.
I'll have that honor. :p

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
FC3 has something C3 don't have. Badarse animations. Yep. And I mean, not the facial animation in the cutscenes but the general animations. Pyscho in that new vid looks too cardboard-ish. I've totally turned my side towards FC3 now [not Nomad though :D].

But damn, teh hell's his Nanosuit?!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Not just the water, the grass effects are better in C3 ;) you should look at that latest video of C3, the fields ;)

Crysis 3 will surely be a looker, no doubt about that. Its mainly because this time, cryengine 3 will be extremely polished.
But farcry 3 is a surprise entrant amongst the heavyweights.

Comparison with uncharted sets new bar in terms of visual fidelity and i guess a brilliant gameplay package would make it even sweeter for consideration.
Besides, the open world environment will bring back veteran original crysis players as this gives a similar feel. The draw distance seems suberb as per gameplay videos.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well its looker thats for sure maybe not the best but do we really want a best visual game or a one of the best visual game with awesome gameplay. I want the second option. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well its looker thats for sure maybe not the best but do we really want a best visual game or a one of the best visual game with awesome gameplay. I want the second option. :)

To put it with utmost politeness, Crysis is the new COD. The series is finished. No wonder they are hyping the game with needless stuffs like bow etc.

gameranand

Living to Play
Far Cry 3 has also bow and its also a one shot kill. Infact its actually needed in this game more than C3 but they never advertised, they never forced it on the players. Thats what I like, Freedom to choose what I want to do in the game. Some reviews could be fake or something but not each and every review and it clearly shows that Far Cry 3 would be one hell of a game for sure. :)

akkies_2000

Journeyman
Yaa i too wanna know the difference b/w these two.When is the game gonna be available to play?

I just checked Far Cry 3 wiki. There are already enough animals in the game. I think I'll buy Lost expedition.

FYI Game4u discount and poster offer ends on 25th, they said so on FB.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most probably not. This is not a Steamworks game, it will probably activate at UPlay.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I wouldn't be able to figure if its far cry or crysis :p
at 1:20 in Far Cry 3 Tactics, Weapons And Skills Trailer

*i50.tinypic.com/1zmd0ug.jpg

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crysis was supposed to stay like that, it's Crytek who screw up the game to appease console owners.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Crysis was supposed to stay like that, it's Crytek who screw up the game to appease console owners.

Farcry - forest, crysis - forest, crysis warhead - forest again. From the developer's perspective, it makes sense to jump into a different setting. They partly failed yeah, but at least they tried rather than being cowards and staying with what they are good at.

About the appeasing the console owners, it was kind of disappointing for the PC owners, but what else would you expect from a PC exclusive developer who makes AAA FPS games? they're not Blizzard to make a game and sell 6 million copies in a matter of weeks(FYI, Crysis sold about 3 million in its entire lifetime), Crytek is an independent developer and has to do something to survive in such a competitive industry. As if the Crysis piracy debacle wasn't a blow enough to crytek.

Its just one single game that went into a different path anyway, Crysis 3 seems bring back the combination of C1 and 2. And then they have Ryse, which has gone multiplatform-next gen and homefront 2, as a fan I'm totally happy with what they're doing ;)

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Farcry - forest, crysis - forest, crysis warhead - forest again. From the developer's perspective, it makes sense to jump into a different setting. They partly failed yeah, but at least they tried rather than being cowards and staying with what they are good at.

About the appeasing the console owners, it was kind of disappointing for the PC owners, but what else would you expect from a PC exclusive developer who makes AAA FPS games? they're not Blizzard to make a game and sell 6 million copies in a matter of weeks(FYI, Crysis sold about 3 million in its entire lifetime), Crytek is an independent developer and has to do something to survive in such a competitive industry. As if the Crysis piracy debacle wasn't a blow enough to crytek.

Its just one single game that went into a different path anyway, Crysis 3 seems bring back the combination of C1 and 2. And then they have Ryse, which has gone multiplatform-next gen and homefront 2, as a fan I'm totally happy with what they're doing ;)

Good analysis. What you said, indeed makes sense. The main objective for going multiplatform was to generate revenue.
To stay and survive as a pc only developer is very very difficult with exceptions like blizzard ( you rightly pointed this out).

cyborg47

Technomancer
Well I hope C3 would be good enough not a COD clone.

Can't say for sure, SP looked fine to me, may be they'll keep the COD-ness in the multiplayer with bigger maps( :D ).

Good analysis. What you said, indeed makes sense. The main objective for going multiplatform was to generate revenue.
To stay and survive as a pc only developer is very very difficult with exceptions like blizzard ( you rightly pointed this out).

Yeah Blizzard has an advantage over there, not only that they have a super huge fan/player base, but they are under some of the best(doesn't mean honest) management..Activision.

Top Bottom