[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
re: [FAQ] Rooting, Custom Recovery, Custom Rom and Android Glossary

try all 4. else downgrade to old firmware manually.

acidCow

Broken In

Okay, I'm gonna start wit UnlockRoot. Whats the worst that can happen???

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If someone wants to root, he, should refrain himself from updating the phone in any way.
@sam: I think this point could be added to main post.
Btw no one can predict about the worst thing that could happen. Just take a chance. ;)

acidCow

Broken In

Yea I couldn't wait till you replied, tried UnlockRoot and Z4Root. Both didn't work. Guess I'll have to downgrade back to 4.0.2.A.0.42. Will have to do more google searching :p
Any idea how you can downgrade?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Usually when we upgrade an app, their is a choice to uninstall only the updates than the whole app. You can try looking for something related to phone upgrade under manage applications. But I don't have hope.

red dragon

Master troll
Btw no one can predict about the worst thing that could happen. Just take a chance. ;)

The worst thing will be a bootloop,what else!?
Unless someone messes with system partition hard brick is almost impossible.
The Doomlord method actually uses the Zergrush exploit which has been effectively sealed up by manufacturers.
I do not have Neo V,but dont you guys have things like CF root kernels for your phones?

Last edited:

acidCow

Broken In

I found a way to downgrade : Using flash tool or Wotan Server. Will have to download the whole firmware and flash it. Well, I dont want to do this stuff since the phone is pretty new and all. Plus I have pre-boards from tomorrow. So I think I'll wait for a root for this firmware. My phone's full of bloatwares which restart themselves even after i kill them. And thats why i wanted to root.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ My friend also has just bought Neo V. And I have seen the bloatwares! And it's loaded to the brim with them.

Yeah, concentrate on pre boards first. Root later. ;)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ Correction. 18 k.
Not able to find the phone for less than that for a friend! :(
(Atleast offline)

Neo

I found a way to downgrade : Using flash tool or Wotan Server. Will have to download the whole firmware and flash it. Well, I dont want to do this stuff since the phone is pretty new and all. Plus I have pre-boards from tomorrow. So I think I'll wait for a root for this firmware. My phone's full of bloatwares which restart themselves even after i kill them. And thats why i wanted to root.

Yeah, concentrate on pre boards first. Root later. ;)

Root now. Concentrate later!!!!!:wink::twisted:

acidCow

Broken In

OMG This thread's going off-topic!

You kids are rich!!
15k phone at school!!

LOL no this isn't my phone!! I can't even dream of getting a phone in 10th! Maybe in 12th. This is my mom's phone and lies around in the home. So i use it all the time and play around and all.

acidCow

Broken In

Okay I've a doubt here. When I check the available firmwares for my Neo V (build 4.0.2.A.0.42) I found many firmwares like Generic trade uk, israel etc etc. Does it matter which country i chose? [BTW India had only 0.62]

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Okay I've a doubt here. When I check the available firmwares for my Neo V (build 4.0.2.A.0.42) I found many firmwares like Generic trade uk, israel etc etc. Does it matter which country i chose? [BTW India had only 0.62]

get the Indian version unless you want to use it just to root & ready to try custom roms if any. other versions may carry some different local apps and indian updates may get rejected by your mobile.

acidCow

Broken In

get the Indian version unless you want to use it just to root & ready to try custom roms if any. other versions may carry some different local apps and indian updates may get rejected by your mobile.

I just want to root my phone and remove the bloatwares. No plans of installing a custom rom.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

I want to root a Lg Optimus Net P698. Its a dual Gsm phone. After I root with any of the apps mentioned, how do I install a plainer version of Android? Also is rooting a dual Sim phone different than rooting a single Sim?
Want to root for the exact same reason as above post. Do i have to reinstall android for that?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Rooting is simply to use a vulnerability of the OS to attain admin privileges over the phone. And it shouldn't be different on a dual sim phone then a single sim.

If you want to root just to remove the bloatwares then just root the phone with any of the apps mentioned. You don't have to reinstall android after that! Btw, that's called installing a custom ROM, which is not your intent.

All the best. Also, please can you clarify how actually the dual sim works on Optimus Net? I mean, do you see both SIM active at the same time on the same screen? And you can be called on any SIM at any given time. Of course, if you are on a call, I doubt your phone can take a miss call if someone calls you on the 2nd SIM.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Both sim are active. It can take miss call when first is busy will pm u soon about that soon. Thanks for info. So I can delete fail apps after root? Thanks :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I can delete fail apps after root? Thanks :)

It is advised to take a nandroid backup before you start removing apps which came pre loaded with the phone. Since messing up with some of those apps can make the OS unstable. :)

Top Bottom